Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A suggestion...

This should be a challenge mode. Self found. Create a new character and progress only using cards obtained with that character. Access to the rest of your collection is cut off. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by ryuukan View Post
    First I have to park my Slaughtergears in the garage now this

do I gotta tell the sky mages and beast callers to go home
    I feel the same way. I just spent 12+ months earning cards in Arena and from packs to just let them now collect dust? Blasphemy I say! And a touch of Heresy most likely as well. Off with Cory's head!

Infernal Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    This should be a challenge mode. Self found. Create a new character and progress only using cards obtained with that character. Access to the rest of your collection is cut off. :-D
    Like an optional challenge rewarded with an AA or a sleeve if you get to a certain point in the campaign without adding anything that isn't a reward? I'd be down for that, maybe make it where there was one Ardent and one Underworld sleeve/AA so you could get them both with the free PVE starters if you were really dedicated to the idea.

Master of Gifs
    I'm setting up my son with a new Hex account tonight so he'll be ready to dive in tomorrow after servers come up. It'll be interesting to see how he does as a brand new player, and I'm not giving him any cards or packs (at least not til later when I'm sure if he likes it or not). He's 11 and fairly new to TCGs, so it should be a good test for the tutorial and campaign to see how well it shows him how to play on his own without any help from me. I'll be his safety net if he's struggling but I'm going to really encourage him to figure out as much of it as he can on his own.

Interesting idea, but for me it will depend on the decks we are getting. Basic starters often lack the complexity of endgame decks. If the basic decks are fun and well-made I'll try this challenge, but if it consists of below the curve junk and bad combos I will quickly replace the decks with my own collection.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by McCloud68 View Post
    I feel the same way. I just spent 12+ months earning cards in Arena and from packs to just let them now collect dust? Blasphemy I say! And a touch of Heresy most likely as well. Off with Cory's head!
    please don't sit next to me

In Everquest we used to call this "Naked day." My friends and I would each make a character and use only what we looted until level (X) which varied by expansion. Hex could implement a "Naked" mode where you do that as well.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

Whoa...now that is a very cool idea. Add challenge mode, and a few special rewards that can only be obtained in challenge mode.

Yes, hurry up and add more sand to our sandbox! (No really, hurry up before all the cats poop there.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I'd also like to suggest that everyone play with either headphones, or speakers turned up.
    Do not miss out on the sounds in PvE. Make sure you have them enabled.
    The audio is great, and surprising in just how immersive it can make the game.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/