Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: A suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I'm having great fun with the Hermit Character Challenge (HCC) so far, playing as a coyotle cleric. I just cleared the Tranquil Dream dungeon (and all content that can be touched up to that point besides the piranhas). Having to track loot on a spreadsheet is a drag, though, and I have no clue what the other starter cards are for the other race/class combos so I'm just acting like they don't exist. I'm also avoiding Trade/AH to keep it "pure".

I will say that some fights have been hard enough that I'd think a TCG newbie would struggle pretty hard.
    Somebody made a spreadsheet with the 200 cards. Adding spiritbound spy works pretty well with the coyotle cleric and in some challenges spearclif pegasus to get flying. I did a writeup of my experiences, but had computerproblems, so maybe later. But CC is strong - most things can be beaten with some luck.
    IGN: Fensale

I had fun until the wormoids. Coyotle cleric starter is not really a match. It's not even mildly competitive. If I didn't have other cards to pull from, I'd probably have just abandoned the character.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoil View Post
    Somebody made a spreadsheet with the 200 cards. Adding spiritbound spy works pretty well with the coyotle cleric and in some challenges spearclif pegasus to get flying. I did a writeup of my experiences, but had computerproblems, so maybe later. But CC is strong - most things can be beaten with some luck.
    Its also a deck on tcgbrowser.com. Just search "starter" and its the top deck.
    The poster formerly known as EntropyBall - Member of Cornerstone & The Unnamed Council - Fan of hex.tcgbrowser.com - Has sigs turned off on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    I had fun until the wormoids. Coyotle cleric starter is not really a match. It's not even mildly competitive. If I didn't have other cards to pull from, I'd probably have just abandoned the character.
    As has been said, the wormoids are optional. If you can't handle them, go back to the camp and you can drop the gnomes all off then go do other things.
    Watch me on Twitch!

I don't even care if something was barely beatable at all. I feel like this is the beginning, someday not too far off, your character will be level 30. The worms could be designed for level 20 talents. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartZ View Post
    Well, you can go back and leave the gnomes in their camp. Then you can pass without having to fight and try this quest later when you got more levels/cards
    Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea. In that case I'll be abandoning the poor gnomes and continuing my challenge. It's also interesting hearing how other challenge players brought in some theoretically bought cards as they progressed. I'd been avoiding the idea in hopes of completing the whole campaign with only stuff I found, but maybe that's not feasible for the end game...

For now I'll continue as I have been. I'm excited to get back in the game now that I know my challenge isn't ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemy000 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea. In that case I'll be abandoning the poor gnomes and continuing my challenge. It's also interesting hearing how other challenge players brought in some theoretically bought cards as they progressed. I'd been avoiding the idea in hopes of completing the whole campaign with only stuff I found, but maybe that's not feasible for the end game...

For now I'll continue as I have been. I'm excited to get back in the game now that I know my challenge isn't ruined.
    I was able to beat the center path of the wormiods with the Elf Mage under the challenge, but I only took 6 poor dwarfs with me. :P
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    I was able to beat the center path of the wormiods with the Elf Mage under the challenge, but I only took 6 poor dwarfs with me. :P
    Wow, nicely done! Any particularly strong reward cards you added to the deck for that? I managed to get past the wormoids with my challenge deck, along with the 9 gnomes I took with me, but then saw nothing I could do with them at the south camp and ended up just dropping them off back in the desert for now. It was tough beating those fights (cleared 1/2 on west path before getting frustrated, then after numerous attempts cleared the east path only to see nothing i could do to drop off my gnomes).

For now I'm just going to clear any other nodes I can, and probably farm the dungeons I have available for some better cards (as well as key common PVP cards that I probably have 30+ of in my collection, stuff like inner conflict and repel that I just haven't found in the campaign yet, and thus cannot use).

Overall I'm loving this challenge, it's definitely not going to be for everyone. Some encounters have taken a bit of patience and/or luck, while others I can see lots of solutions to that I just haven't received the cards needed. After getting through this, I know I'll feel a great sense of accomplishment... and then run another character through with my full collection and get revenge on some of these guys.
    In-Game Name: Dorthonion

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoil View Post
    Somebody made a spreadsheet with the 200 cards.
    Link would be wonderful. General forum is so full right now, I'm having a hard time finding the wheat for the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Link would be wonderful. General forum is so full right now, I'm having a hard time finding the wheat for the chaff.
    Not a Spreadsheet, but I did post a list in another thread already:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post549412

But I guess, I can post it here again:

Artifacts
    2 Axe Bot
    2 Infiltrator Bot
    3 Pterobot
    3 S.P.A.M. Bot
    2 War Bot Bunker

Blood
    3 Atrophy
    2 Call the Grave