Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of HEX

Maaaan... that Cory. Sure has a talent to write awesome stuff... Keep up the good work guys, we have your backs!

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFridge View Post
    Prepare yourselfs --> You will get Ragefired soon !!!!! That card is freaking awesome !
    In a deck packed full of Crimson Clarities (and any new Ruby ramp?) it could be fun! - competitive though??

Since I complained about the communication over the last couple months,
    I think I should take this opportunity to show my appreciation on this specific post.

There are lots of small things I could get into, but I ll leave it with the most important
    phrase for me personally, that brought a nice shift into the presentation of current HEX.

Someday we will look back on this and be amazed that a game as big as HEX started in such a humble place.
    For me, Cory managed to sell this patch as something fundamentally magnificent
    without overselling things like it happened in the past. And I appreciate that a lot.
    I m glad I got to read this before playing the pve campaign, because it allows
    me to more reasonably manage my expectations and focus my attention on what is
    there. Since I don't just have to guess "whats still coming and why or why not".

I m especially interested in how robust the underlying features are in terms of UI,
    Performance, Scale, etc ... To see how big the fundamental progress that Cory and
    Ben talked about really is.

It mustve been a tough year, spending 80% of your time on "back-end" and core system
    design and implementation. Glad you guys get to design and play inside your own tool box
    a little more now, with a little less heavy lifting to do. Its probably starting to become the
    more rewarding part of the game designer experience for you HEX guys now =).

Devoted Emissary
    Love the set 4 spoilers, though doesn't the Canyon Runner kind of break one of the developer rules? It was stated that the "Quick"ness of Coyotle was massively toned down, specifically at common, due to how roughly on-curve troops (with sufficient toughness) can easily lead to 1-for-0s, freely destroying attacking units as being flashed in as blockers. Canyon Runner with the sapphire Quick gem becomes a 4 cost 3/3 Quick troop (with upside), that seems to really push it's use in knocking out 2/1s and 2/3s for 'free'.

Not inherently saying a 4 cost 3/3 quick troop at common is too powerful for draft, just surprised given that set 3 explicitly avoided having troops with more than 2 toughness be quick at common, save for the 0/7.

Besides, it's an extremely powerful card in other rights. In W/D, it can be a 4/4 for 4 that prophecy-buffs another troop, and there has yet to be a 4 cost 4/4 at common to my knowledge.

I don't think it's broken as is, just commenting that the power level distinction it carries for a common is unusually high, if in potential for raw stats if nothing else. I had assumed it was an uncommon at first.
    TL;DR: Man criticizes things. Rambling ensues.

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...tance-gray.png

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    Holly cow , a 10/5 for 5 , azureggcanon on the way...
    The ability is a replacement effect, all you would ever do is add spider eggs.

Not that that is bad in any way, but it won't kill them.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    The ability is a replacement effect, all you would ever do is add spider eggs.

Not that that is bad in any way, but it won't kill them.
    I'm very confident he was going to use Azure to mill 15 cards.

That's why i added eggs
    In fact, this is much healthy for the game.
    Game of destruction sjould be attoned

Quote Originally Posted by Maylick View Post
    I'm very confident he was going to use Azure to mill 15 cards.
    While that isn't a bad combo, it isn't Azurecannon, it's Azurebury/mill.

Adding the eggs is still decent, and it would be super scary with damage multipliers and swiftstrike. Ruby/blood insane egg combo deck?
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    One thing that was accidentally left off the list was the Kickstarter reward: Spectral Oak and Spectral Acorn. As priorities go, that's up there in the mix with mercenaries. The Oak is clearly more than one individual card with its different modes and different systems that lightly touch it in some way. It requires some more work and was one of the last items to get left off the final PVE Campaign launch list. We're sorry that you have to wait for it, but know that it's a very high priority for us.
    Did anything else got left out? Like maybe the Collectors AA that were announced earlier ? Unless they come out with a future patch (Set 4 maybe?)

Otherwise thank you very much for all this work, I am very exited and very happy to see hex come to life and be so big. Its now time to be big and get more people into this game

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    While that isn't a bad combo, it isn't Azurecannon, it's Azurebury/mill.

Adding the eggs is still decent, and it would be super scary with damage multipliers and swiftstrike. Ruby/blood insane egg combo deck?
    If the set 4 have the cards to build competitive tri-shards decks