Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: So what is the mood at the HEX offices?

  1. #1

    So what is the mood at the HEX offices?

    I always find information about game development far more interesting than news releases about the game itself and right now, as HEX's campaign is about to launch I am wondering what sort of atmosphere there is at the house of HEX.

    Is it just another day, everyone going about their normal daily tasks because this build was done some time ago and there isn't much to do until it goes live and you learn what will need fixing?

    Is it a party, with a big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner (apropos because a lot of the work has just started), drinks and maybe an inappropriately themed cake?

    Is it a sweaty nightmare cave as you desperately try to fix problems you just now found (like right this second, oh my god, it's game breaking, what are you going to do?!), is someone delivering the bad news about a feature you planned to roll out today but now you know it just won't be happening today so you're making hasty edits to the patch notes and preparing the big soon™ stamp? Is someone yelling "everything is going wrong!" while another person yells "EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES" as the building descends in to chaos and Cory, in a bid to restore order, starts living half in shadow, declares a himself a demigod and forms a cult that can only be brought down by Martin Sheen?
    What is in these blasted chests?!

  2. #2
    Needing to stay up late... on a lot of caffeine!

    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG


    "It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

  3. #3
    Depending on where the office is located it might be more like this:

    a665f3f3cd0b6ea4f619_1.jpg

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    Needing to stay up late... on a lot of caffeine!

    Late is just the manly mans early!
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Rock League Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    868
    the mood seems to be good ... according to this page:

    http://hextcg.com/hexup/

    jfi... try to refresh the site
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz
    __________________________________________________

    -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

  7. #7
    I can't sleep.
    Not that I haven't tried, but I just keep on waking up.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zz_tophat View Post
    I always find information about game development far more interesting than news releases about the game itself and right now, as HEX's campaign is about to launch I am wondering what sort of atmosphere there is at the house of HEX.

    Is it just another day, everyone going about their normal daily tasks because this build was done some time ago and there isn't much to do until it goes live and you learn what will need fixing?

    Is it a party, with a big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner (apropos because a lot of the work has just started), drinks and maybe an inappropriately themed cake?

    Is it a sweaty nightmare cave as you desperately try to fix problems you just now found (like right this second, oh my god, it's game breaking, what are you going to do?!), is someone delivering the bad news about a feature you planned to roll out today but now you know it just won't be happening today so you're making hasty edits to the patch notes and preparing the big soon™ stamp? Is someone yelling "everything is going wrong!" while another person yells "EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES" as the building descends in to chaos and Cory, in a bid to restore order, starts living half in shadow, declares a himself a demigod and forms a cult that can only be brought down by Martin Sheen?
    Has it moved to number three yet?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Venris View Post
    Has it moved to number three yet?
    I think it just did.
    What is in these blasted chests?!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RCDv57 View Post
    I can't sleep.
    Not that I haven't tried, but I just keep on waking up.
    Pretty much where I am I'm about to head in to the office myself (it's like 7:15am here). I can only speak for myself, but I plan on doing a lot of drinking today ;D Plenty of blood sweat and tears that need to be quenched and celebrated with whiskey!! Although there will be a sense of coming together today I'm sure, today will also probably end up being a slightly different day for different Hex folk.

    Honestly, I don't want to speak for anybody else, and different people on the Hex team don't always have concurrent hard times/experiences in general, but for me the atmosphere in the office has been pretty awesome as of late--sometimes when stuff is crunched and people are working themselves super hard it just feels brutal, but honestly the last few months it's also been that slightly different, very high-energy and high-excitement type vibes that have been floating around and fueling the work and process and collaboration, from a lot of what I've seen...
    Last edited by BenStoll; 01-26-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •