Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: crash at the end of battles

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    Hm...Upon playing a bit more, it appears that only battles on the main campaign page crash.
    For instance, i can start the game, enter the tranquil dream dungeon, play all nodes from this dungeon without crashing, but as soon as i beat the last node and the reward screen pops up, the game tries to go to the main campaign map and then the game crashes.
    So..... its a bit boring, but i can at least run the same dungeon over and over and only crashing once in 7 battles, to do the ardor day event at least.
    If you need any kind of more info, i ll try to give if i know how to find it.
    Same here.. I just live with the crash for now. If there is anything i can do, just let me know (unfortunately I wont have the funds in the near future to buy a new PC)

I do not know what was changed in todays maintenance, but the crashes remain on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    I do not know what was changed in todays maintenance, but the crashes remain on my end.
    It isnt better here either..

Same here....
    The game crashes after each battle.
    I've been playing HEX since Alpha,never had this crashes before.
    I hope this will be fixed soon...

Hero of Adamanth
    I have a pc which crashed after every second fight. Win7 32-bit, 4 GB RAM. I put more 4GB RAM and installed Win10 64-bit. Other hardware unchanged, bios unchanged, network unchanged. No crash at all.
    I think this crash thing is pure memory size problem. Maybe they will able to optimize it, but i don't think the 2GB minimum memory (as is written on the Gameforge) would fit too long.

in theory, if they add a graphics option that removes everything from the campaign map so that we only see a black screen with the lines and blue/yellow/green nodes on top, the game would play fine without crashes.

I installed HEX on 3 different kind of hard drives.

1 SSD
    1 7200 RPM HDD
    1 USB 16 GB NTFS

I had the most crashes on SSD, less crashes but less smooth on 7200 and incredibly non-smooth and no crashes on the USB.

I have been at it for these crashes for a long time and I still haven't found a solution to what causes it.

I have found that my windows is reporting NTDLL.dll which indicates that there is problems with accessing files.

I've worked in IT-support for 4 years and I've really tried to do this with support but it didn't lead anywhere due to the lack of communication between support and developers.

If we had some sort of contact to give our data to, this would help a lot. I feel like I am running around in circles at this point.
    Last edited by Angsar; 02-04-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angsar View Post
    I installed HEX on 3 different kind of hard drives.
    it didn't lead anywhere due to the lack of communication between support and developers.

If we had some sort of contact to give our data to, this would help a lot. I feel like I am running around in circles at this point.
    Sad to see this

When is this problem going to get some answers. crashing after every battle..mine as well go play pac man
    I remember having same problem after launch of 2nd set.
    not having this problem until the previous hotfix
    I bring you the future through a Time Ripple
    I bring you the music of the Zodiac Chimes
    I bring you the memories of Yesterday
    I am Archmage Wrenlocke the Master of Time

I'm having this issue as well. Only happens during campaign, and only in the overworld. I can play a few matches and then the game crashes on the loading screen when finishing a battle. It just becomes unresponsive.

Never have had any issues before with Hex crashing, ever.

I, too, can play through a whole dungeon run with no problems. And never had problems in draft or other tournaments, or Frost Ring Arena.

I'm running a Macbook Pro Retina 15", Mid 2012:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB