Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: crash at the end of battles

It feels exponentially worse since the patch.

On top of that, three times now I've won a battle only for it to register as a loss.

It seems to crash far more often on the overworld than in small dungeons.

Pretty much the same as LNQ here. MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid-2012, OSX 10.11.3, 2.6Ghz i7, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB. Very frequently crashes when trying to load the overworld map (or possibly the loot/results). On Mac it's accompanied by the "beachball of death", rarely seen from any other software these days.

Does anyone know where the Mac Hex client stores crash reports/logs?

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    On top of that, three times now I've won a battle only for it to register as a loss.
    Four times. On the third try of fighting hydra with 60 gnomes in a 60 card deck.

Gotta love that. -inserts angry vibes into forum-

any update on this?
    tomorrow I'll pass the 200 total crashes.

Hero of Adamanth
    I ahve the same sort of issue on OSX, but there's no crash, the game just hangs with the spinning beachball, and I have to force-quit Hex and start again. Very frustrating. It usually happens about every second battle in overland. Dungeons are usually OK, but not always.
    Idus - Keep Name: Mythopoeia
    The Unnamed Council - Inner Circle Member
    http://unnamed-council.com

Since this post has been ignored by the devs since it's inception for the most part, I won't hold out hope this random crashing will ever be addressed...
    (it seems to only be affecting a few of us,which means as long as the whales aren't crashing it ain't really happening)

But I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10 just so mebbe I could play but it only got worse.

Here's a few of the random crashes and experiences I have seen since upgrading to 10:

lag on loading

lag on AI's turn/plays

hard crash on ingame action trigger (like targeting for a terrorantula)

hard crash on movement across map

hard crash on opening/looking at deckbuilder

hard crash on exit game/dialogue/reward screen

game freeze during gameplay (not just confined to campaign)

crash on leaving game after a loss (comp restarted itself)

crash on deleting a character (wasn't actually deleted on relog)

lag and soft lock on send mail

crash at the main menu

hard crash in 3 dungeon fights (different days) does seem to allow reconnect if I haven't smashed my monitor by that point.

So it's effecting Win 7 and 10, random, across most all game systems and apparently something we will have to solve ourselves or learn to live with...

**Insert standard comment about how many new players are probably just walking away and not bothering to come here and gripe.**

/end rant

I hope the engineering team has managed to identify this bug. I have crashed hundreds of times in all areas of the game, and it's getting pretty old. Some kind of acknowledgement would help, and please tell us if there's anything we can do to help pinpoint the source of these crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollitor View Post
    I hope the engineering team has managed to identify this bug. I have crashed hundreds of times in all areas of the game, and it's getting pretty old. Some kind of acknowledgement would help, and please tell us if there's anything we can do to help pinpoint the source of these crashes.
    +1

Im geting a bit tired of this..

Quote Originally Posted by IronPheasant View Post
    It feels exponentially worse since the patch.

It seems to crash far more often on the overworld than in small dungeons.
    I crash randomly during games and some times after games but not every time. And I have won multiple battles that counted as a loss during a dungeon even and this caused me to have to start over.

What's going on, why isn't there an official response in a gamebreaking crash bug after over a week of reports?