Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: crash at the end of battles

Hybrid View

crash at the end of battles

First i want to say that the pve campaign is awesome and i really enjoy it so far. But sometimes my game crashes at the end of battles. yesterday it was okay, apart from the slower loading times everything worked fine. But today after several battles the game crashed, so therefore i think it is not affected by the slowish server. It didnt matter if i had won, lost or conceded. I play on a laptop with windows 7 enterprise 32 bit, i can add the crash logs too if that is needed. But if i go to the installation folder of HEX there i 2.25 GB of crashlogs. Not sure how i can upload all of that.

Hero of Adamanth
    Yes, it's happening for me too on the work PC, which is weaker than the home PC (still Intel i5 with 4GB ram though), but never on the home PC. But it was always happening, since the start of the game, i have to keep deleting the crash reports, because it's crash usually after a 20-30-40 mins of play.

the latest one is like:

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.2.3p3_383123ade41b]

Hex.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module Hex.exe at 001b:00fca71f.

Error occurred at 2016-01-27_141038.
    D:\Received files\HEX_B\Hex.exe, run by help-desk.
    82% memory in use.
    3055 MB physical memory [533 MB free].
    0 MB paging file [1910 MB free].
    2048 MB user address space [248 MB free].
    Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

(client version 0.9.9.013)

my previous post about it
    Last edited by madar; 01-27-2016 at 06:35 AM.

crashes every four minutes in campaign fun fun fun

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.2.3p3_383123ade41b]

Hex.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module Hex.exe at 001b:0180a71f.

Error occurred at 2016-01-29_022254.
    D:\Software\HEX\Hex.exe, run by me.
    78% memory in use.
    3062 MB physical memory [672 MB free].
    0 MB paging file [1986 MB free].
    2048 MB user address space [192 MB free].
    Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.
    this is pretty much the same in each crash log. Only the [MB free] and the module code change each crash.

Please refer to this article:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47393

There are few possible solutions, but till now there isnt a 100% fix for this, so it would be great to track it down..

Hero of Adamanth
    This crash is became annoying now, it's crashing at the end of every fight. I think he just running out of memory.

I am surprised how much memory this game can eat: on the login screen already getting 1-1.2 GB, and slowly growing after this. Whenever it would reach the 1.5-1.7GB allocated memory, crash. Usually it's the end of the second fight (arena or campaign), but if i go the campaign, back, card manager, back, and try to go again to the campaign again - it crashes again, because would reach the 1.7GB limit.

Hero of Adamanth
    Well, i follow the memory use now on my home PC (where i have 12GB memory and the game never crash), and the record so far is 2.1 GB what Hex eating.

I would just say (as i see), the minimum memory requirements of the HEX is 8GB, and if you have less, you may meet crashes. Especially if you have a 32-bit OS, which can address only a bit more than 3,4 GB, and not remaining enough for the game.

yes, i have 32 bit. Going to buy a new laptop in a few more months. But is there any chance they can fix this?
    I could play the arena fine without crashing. But havent been able to play the arena for more than 30 minutes without crashing.

Hm...Upon playing a bit more, it appears that only battles on the main campaign page crash.
    For instance, i can start the game, enter the tranquil dream dungeon, play all nodes from this dungeon without crashing, but as soon as i beat the last node and the reward screen pops up, the game tries to go to the main campaign map and then the game crashes.
    So..... its a bit boring, but i can at least run the same dungeon over and over and only crashing once in 7 battles, to do the ardor day event at least.
    If you need any kind of more info, i ll try to give if i know how to find it.