Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I want my collection back, and some other observations.

I am an Alpha player so please keep the newb/scrub comments to your selves. Just because I finally decided to make a forum account does not in any way mean I haven't been around long enough to know what I am talking about.

First let me start off with saying I love the PVE aspect of the game. I have been waiting patiently for years to play it just like all of you.

However, it has come to be woefully apparent that if you didn't dump loads of money into this game before hand there are decks you simply can not beat. This is not good for new players that DO NOT wish to spend money on this game.

The deck/card grid - Why is this a thing? Even at rank 9 you still only get 4 copies of a common card in your deck. The game is designed to have 4 copies of cards, why would you limit that? Not to mention that I can only have 3 copies of commons but my opponent can have 11 darkspire priests in its deck or 7 entangling webs. That's not creating a challenge for the players its out and out game breaking. Give me back my card collection. If I knew I was going to be crippled by the card grid I never would have spent money on this game in the first place. If I knew that I was only able to use about 10% of my collection, I never would have spent money on this game. I am furious at myself for spending as much as I did ~$200 dollars and for someone who is on disability and not working its hard to ration out money for these things and stay competitive. This is just a slap in the face to players. This is Cryptozoic the giving a giant middle finger to the people that cut their paychecks. This game would be nothing if it were not for its backers and you do this to them. You release content that arguably the ENTIRE player base has been waiting for and then neuter them with this sham called the deck/card grid. It's simply uncalled for.

The starter decks are absolute trash and the deck you co up against are way over tuned to even attempt to win with out smashing your face against a wall and just conceding every game until the computer gets shard screwed/flooded. I don't want to waste my afternoon waiting 5-10 min between games due to lag, just to have to concede because the AI got a monster draw and I had to mulligan down to 3-4 cards just to even make it out of the first turn with something playable. And I am not saying monster draw like first turn kill, just every single card is synergistic with every single other card. There is no way to catch up, even playing a rush deck. Some of the AI champions abilities are out and out broken and if there was a actual champion that you could play with the ability of "2Blood each player sacrifices a creature and draws a card." Everyone would play a token deck just for that purpose. It's almost as if they expected you so spend tons of money in the store or AH to have extra cards in your card manager. That is simply not the case here. If you want new people to play the game you can't have the decks at level 4 seem completely unstoppable. I played maybe 6 games today in 2 hours due to lag 1 of witch I won. I won A SINGLE GAME. The rest were over by turn 4.

I am strongly considering just uninstalling and forgetting this game all together. I don't have the card stock, or just simply cant use it to even make it past level 4. Do you even get packs for farming the same fights over and over? I haven't even tried that yet and I am not sure I want to. The rewards are 90% of the time nothing I can use in my deck anyway, so what would be the point in that. Farming gold? Why would I deal with the lag when I can just farm the Frost Arena a billion times fighting the same 20 champions over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just so I can buy 1 or 2 cards that I need for a pve deck. Not that I can even make use of them due to the above mentioned card/deck grid crap that you came up with.

Oh, and fix the lag too. It makes the campaign almost unplayable.

This post is just stirring things up, you could have said all of the things in here without the vitriol or polarizing opinions. Since you are an Alpha player, then you should know better to critique a game the day after launch like this. When/if they delete or shut this thread, realize it wasn't because you were being negative, it was how you presented your rant.

https://www.youtube.com/v/3Qg3rQfeZv...104&autoplay=1
    Last edited by fido_one; 01-27-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DML View Post
    The deck/card grid - Why is this a thing? Even at rank 9 you still only get 4 copies of a common card in your deck. The game is designed to have 4 copies of cards, why would you limit that? Not to mention that I can only have 3 copies of commons but my opponent can have 11 darkspire priests in its deck or 7 entangling webs. That's not creating a challenge for the players its out and out game breaking. Give me back my card collection. If I knew I was going to be crippled by the card grid I never would have spent money on this game in the first place. If I knew that I was only able to use about 10% of my collection, I never would have spent money on this game. I am furious at myself for spending as much as I did ~$200 dollars and for someone who is on disability and not working its hard to ration out money for these things and stay competitive. This is just a slap in the face to players. This is Cryptozoic the giving a giant middle finger to the people that cut their paychecks. This game would be nothing if it were not for its backers and you do this to them. You release content that arguably the ENTIRE player base has been waiting for and then neuter them with this sham called the deck/card grid. It's simply uncalled for.
    I love it. It makes things interesting. It's a way to level up your deck. At level 30 you will be able to build decks fully unrestricted, without worrying about the shard grid.

The starter decks are absolute trash and the deck you co up against are way over tuned to even attempt to win with out smashing your face against a wall and just conceding every game until the computer gets shard screwed/flooded. I don't want to waste my afternoon waiting 5-10 min between games due to lag, just to have to concede because the AI got a monster draw and I had to mulligan down to 3-4 cards just to even make it out of the first turn with something playable. And I am not saying monster draw like first turn kill, just every single card is synergistic with every single other card. There is no way to catch up, even playing a rush deck. Some of the AI champions abilities are out and out broken and if there was a actual champion that you could play with the ability of "2Blood each player sacrifices a creature and draws a card." Everyone would play a token deck just for that purpose. It's almost as if they expected you so spend tons of money in the store or AH to have extra cards in your card manager. That is simply not the case here. If you want new people to play the game you can't have the decks at level 4 seem completely unstoppable. I played maybe 6 games today in 2 hours due to lag 1 of witch I won. I won A SINGLE GAME. The rest were over by turn 4.
    I'm using the Elf starter deck with 2 added cards (both earned from the PvE with this deck) and I haven't lost a single encounter yet. I finished the tutorial and I'm all the way past the second bridge right now. No problems here. What starter deck are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    I love it. It makes things interesting. It's a way to level up your deck. At level 30 you will be able to build decks fully unrestricted, without worrying about the shard grid.
    I completely love the Shard Grid myself; I came to this board basically to praise it. My major concern as a mid-late beta player with a strong Set 1/2 collection was that I was going to be able to use something I already had that would simply lay waste to all the content; Not being able to was wonderful. Having to work with the limitations and continuous evolution that a shard grid requires will ensure that levelling up a character feels rewarding, that their deck slowly turns from a startery mishmash into a honed killing machine.

I will agree that the starter deck I've tried (Shin'hare Mage) was goddamn awful; I actually struggled with the Shin'hare Mage setup on the third tutorial fight, and it took about 4 tries because the deck has no reliable answer to a turn three 4/4 with Swiftstrike. It took a frustrating bit of retrying in order to succeed.

Paying so much in a pve goal is indeed a very foolish choice.
    You'll think the game will be much more fun with a overpiwered deck ?

Yeah, I really like the shard grid. Overall the OP felt really ranty, if the points were more succinct I might've been able to take what was written to heart a bit more but in general a lot of it just feels like blowing steam to me.

Edit: also the claim that you need to blow loads of money to get further than you have is just blatantly false. In fact the shard grid helps what you are claiming to be an issue. If everyone could have 4 Vamp Kings or Spectral Acorns in their deck then the devs would need to balance accordingly.

Finally, INB4 penta or hacky clear the campaign with nothing but commons. Some encounters are meant to be challenging / puzzling (piranhas)
    Last edited by funktion; 01-27-2016 at 05:07 PM.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Sigh the young kid in me wants to just say L2P. The adult says that it sounds like you are frustrated by a combination of lag as well as difficulty of the encounters. If you perhaps saw the restrictions of the grid as a challenge which would be fun to get past as opposed to them limiting what you see as an investment perhaps you would be having more fun.

I also find it somewhat contradictory that you are saying the game is P2W and yet you are complaining it is too hard despite you having paid over 200 dollars to play?

I would suggest coming back when the lag has calmed down a bit and perhaps you would find the games more fun when it doesn't take 10 minutes to reload after an RNG loss.

I really can not understand how some people are getting upset that they can't easily beat an NPC opponent. Do you play MMOs and get angry when you can't beat the highest level content in the first couple days?

I'm not trying to attack anyone but some of the reactions I've seen when losing to an AI make me wonder how these people react when they lose to a real person.

Some encounters are a bit of a nightmare, gnomes/worms! but most are fairly easy with the starter decks provided plus the freebies picked along the way.

Loving the grid as well! :-)

Also if and when the AH isnt closed, commons and many uncommons are dirt cheap. really really good commons and uncommons I might add.