Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex changed Promo rarities with no warning.

Hex changed Promo rarities with no warning.

So I've been told by several people that this isn't a bug, even outside of deckbuilding, but Hex with this most recent patch changed the rarity of promo cards (such as Lyricist AA) to their non-promo counterparts (So in this case Lyricist AA would be a common).

This is an issue because on the AH the price floor is now set to that of its non-promo counterpart. So what was at first at least a 100 platinum card, is now worth significantly less.

This is very upsetting because me and several other people invested a lot of platinum during the holiday events, with the assumption that they would always have the 100 platinum price floor on the auction house, thus making them a safe buy, even at upwards of 80 platinum a piece for certain people or if they needed platinum to enter a draft etc. There was never any indicator or any mention that they wouldn't always be promo rarity, so the investment was a safe one.

I'm sorry this thread sounds like I'm whining, which I kind of am. I'm very frustrated. I've spent countless hours and put a lot of money into this game, and this change just feels like a stab in the back. I really don't like seeing hundreds of dollars worth of platinum go down the drain without any warning whatsoever. It sets a bad precedent, and I'll be more weary when spending money in Hex from now on.

Saying I can sell them at a different price and that the floor is just a suggestion doesn't work. Nobody is going to pay a hundred platinum for a bad AA Lyricist (yeah I'm trashing my own investment. lol) but they were an AA and a collectors item. That why people were buying them. With so many out there, the price is definitely going to tank (or at least dip to a level where a lot of us will lose money on our investment). People were buying them for gold at an exchange that was less than 100 platinum, but again, that's ignoring the fact that people were buying these promos for platinum

Maybe the people I've talked to about this are wrong and this is actually a bug. Which I really hope it is.

No matter what the case is, I hope you all are loving campaign, as well as the rest of the game, as much as I am.

A round of applause for the people at HXE for making a wonderful PvE experience. I can tell a lot of hard work was put into the campaign and the new interface. Bravo.

Thanks for reading.

-Andrew

Look, if they sell below the price floor of 100 plat, they were never worth 100 plat.

Now nobody can be ripped off, done and dusted.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

We were told that this was happening long ago. It's not a new thing.

Can you post the link where they said they were changing it? I didn't hear anything about it. If they did and I didn't hear anything about it then I am the most wrong and I apologize for my thread.

The people weren't being ripped off. They wanted an AA for having an AA. With that logic selling any AA is ripping someone off.

They were definitely worth 100 platinum. Things are worth what people were willing to pay for them. Simple economics. They'll be worth less because the rules of the economy has changed.
    Last edited by Sakra2010; 01-27-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakra2010 View Post
    Can you post the link where they said they were changing it? I didn't hear anything about it.

The people weren't being ripped off. They wanted an AA for having an AA. With that logic selling any AA is ripping someone off.

They were definitely worth 100 platinum. Things are worth what people were willing to pay for them. Simple economics. They'll be worth less because the rules of the economy has changed.
    They were only willing to pay 100 because it was more convenient to lose some plat and not bother exchanging for gold. If they were/are WORTH 100p, then they will stay 100p.

(Hint: a price floor doesn't equate to simple economics.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Master of Gifs
    Just because the floor is gone doesn't make them less valuable, it just means their value isn't artificially inflated any longer. Good news is those promos aren't getting printed any longer, so just hang on to them, the price will go up over time as they become more and more rare. Some might take longer than others to go up in value, but they will.

High Tomb Lord
    they were sold for less in gold... so even if you pay 100 plat for them (questioning your sense in economics), other people bought them for less...

now everyone can list it for the price they are worth... now just in addition in plat... whats you deal?
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Something is worth what people are willing to pay is simple economics.

You'd be surprised how much convenience is worth to people.

Think of it this way, if Hex suddenly implemented that no card can be sold on the AH for more than 1000 platinum what do you think would happen? The economy would completely shift. Would some cards be worth more than 1000 platinum? Sure, but from there on out 1000 platinum would be the gold standard. Saying that a since a Master Moss is worth more than 1000 platinum doesn't matter, the economy changed, and so will the prices.

I think the real travesty here is the removal of the orange alternate art color denotation.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Renquist View Post
    I think the real travesty here is the removal of the orange alternate art color denotation.
    Agreed. RIP orange pips
    Greyhaven
    The Unnamed Council - Community Admin