Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low end hardware for hex. Tablets and laptops etc.

High Tomb Lord

Low end hardware for hex. Tablets and laptops etc.

Hey all,

I have quite a broad question for you regarding hardware for hex.

I'm looking to replace and aging laptop which struggles with hex gamepad as it just crawls at a less than average frame rate. So my question is what hardware are you running? I'm looking to hear from tablet users and low end laptop users mainly as id like a normal experience for hex if possible while keeping my budget down.

I'd be interested to hear from users with tablets such as the linx 7 and 8 and core i3 laptop users.

My current laptop is a t4500 proc with 4gb ram and an ssd but it's just sadly struggling in its old age.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I run Hex on a Surface Pro 3. I'm not sure of the exact specifications but it runs reasonable well if you don't have any other programs open at the same time. It does get hot and I've been told to watch out for overheating graphics card with Hex but all in all I'm happy with the performance for a tablet.

What is struggling?

When you open task manager with Hex open are you pegging the CPU or ram?

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Renquist View Post
    What is struggling?

When you open task manager with Hex open are you pegging the CPU or ram?
    Now that's what I need to check. I played it on my lunch yesterday at work so didn't really get to look into it but it's always struggled that way.

I'll see what pops up and report back. Currently heading home to clean the laptop incase it's over heating with dust and dirt build up.

High Tomb Lord
    well it seems it uses about 20% cpu and 2.9 out of 3.9 gb's of ram. even ran it windowed at lowest resolution to no avail.
    im on windows 10 also.

i play on a few years old laptop (with i5), usually fine but now with campaign, hex crashes every 20 minutes, but eventually the engineers will fix that.
    cpu usage is low and ram usage high

I have the i7 SP4 and it runs pretty well. I wouldn't really call that a *low* end laptop as it's pretty pricey, but that's my non-gaming laptop that allows me to run Hex.
    ---------

I’d like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    i play on a few years old laptop (with i5), usually fine but now with campaign, hex crashes every 20 minutes, but eventually the engineers will fix that.
    cpu usage is low and ram usage high
    do you get a smooth frame rate?

i think i read somewhere before it hates integrated graphics atm but was hoping it wasnt the case since the update.

My laptop has an i5 2.2GHz, 8 Gb RAM, a GeForce 820M, and an SSD; Hex runs fine on it, and it only cost a little over $500.
    Watch me on Twitch!

It runs ok on my surface pro 3 - the big problem is the touch screen and pen don't work in the HEX game!