Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychic torment banned

Psychic torment banned

What are you thinking with this one vennen are already hands down the weakest race in pve with their wonky consistency and their poor speed and you go and remove one of their vital cards?
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Really interested in hearing why this card was banned, like wolzarg says this is a massive nerf for vennen in pve

You all do realize they will fix infinitte loop combo and unban it back in few days, right?)

there is a link with all the banned cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Maylick View Post
    You all do realize they will fix infinitte loop combo and unban it back in few days, right?)
    Define the infinite loop combo

I know exactly why it was banned. Hatchery Priest with gloves, Hatchery Cultivator, Vilefang Eremite with boots, Psychic Torment, and then anything to start the chain.

It literally produces an INFINITE loop. Obviously the match ends because the opponent dies eventually but how much do you want to bet that was a source of lag because the CPU was calculating:

1) Egg comes out
    2) Make 2 spiders (Priest gloves)
    3) Ping for 1 per spider (eremite)
    4) Heal for 1 per spider (eremite)
    5) Put 1 egg in deck per heal (eremite boots)
    6) Put 1 extra egg per egg put in deck (cultivator)
    7) Mill 1 card per damage dealt (Psychic Torment)
    8) Replace egg with new card (the original egg has to be replaced off the top)

For every egg leaving the deck it had to ping 2 health, heal 2 health, create 2 spiders, create 4 eggs, and mill 3 cards off the top. The opponents deck size GREW doing this. It's not hard to imagine this was causing server problems.

On a related note, if you think vennen are 'hands down the weakest race in pve' then the others must be stupidly OP. I have beat the campaign with Vennen cleric, mage, and warrior with no issue at all. The only thing I haven't done is AoM level 6 but then I haven't tried either.

Taking away Psychic Torment is mildly annoying and slightly effects the power of the decks I run but not that much. All you really need is:

- 3x Vilefang Eremite (with boots)
    - 3x Hatchery Priest (with gloves)
    - 2x Hatchery Cultivator
    - 3x Zilth (if you have 3, run as many as you have)
    - 3x Nazhk Lookout (if you have 3, run as many as you have)
    - 3x Giant Mosquitoes (with helm for lethal)
    - 3x Lunacy (Trinket nice but optional)
    - 2x Chaotic Murmurs
    - 2x Paladin of the Necropolis
    - 2x Corrupt Harvester

Optional Cards in a rough order (most are expensive and you don't NEED any of these):

- 3x Gemsoul Feeder (shift Lifedrain to Eremites for lulz)
    - 3x Exarch of the Egg
    - 2x Phenteo (obviously expensive and honestly unnecessary but really nice)
    - 3x Vampire Princess
    - 2x Vampire King
    - 2x Bastardspawn of Bokrug
    - 3x Leaching Burrower (if you can find Uruunaz in the arena and win)

Encounter specific cards like Crackling Rot, Rotting Away, Kill, Sorrow, etc... are also nice to have but they aren't core for most encounters. A solid Vennen deck is actually really cheap but you aren't running cleric you are seriously handicapping yourself as Vennen (except against Killipede, -1 attack spell wrecks his day).

Edit: Obviously I use Psychic Torment if I can but since there's 2 in the deck I don't even see them in 50%+ of games so considering it to be crucial would be absurd.
    Last edited by Unspecified; 01-30-2016 at 02:34 AM.

They are hands down the weakest race of any and there is no reason except that you like it to actually run vennen as a dedicated theme it is flat out bad without psychic torment.

You need to replay the entire zone or have silly luck to get those cards you suggest and i still would like to see you replay the campaign without torment.
    Last edited by wolzarg; 01-30-2016 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    They are hands down the weakest race of any and there is no reason except that you like it to actually run vennen as a dedicated theme it is flat out bad without psychic torment.
    You can believe that if you want I outlined above the deck I've used to clear every single bit of PvE content 3 times on level without losing a single life in dungeons except very rarely to really bad draws.

The only fights I have to retry are Wormoid Queen, Killipede 1 and 2, and Piranhas but there is no 100% consistent decks against those fights I'm aware of since there's always luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    - 3x Zilth (if you have 3, run as many as you have)
    How did you get more than one Zilth?