Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Most Hated Encounter in the Campaign and Why? (SPOILERS, DUH)

What Is Your Most Hated Encounter in the Campaign and Why? (SPOILERS, DUH)

I just mentioned this in another thread, but then I thought the subject could also be a fun thread on its own.

What is the encounter in the campaign you are most annoyed to face? What node makes you cringe before you even step on it?

I will begin. My most hated encounter is the one where I am constantly forced to choose if I want to give the opponent two cards or lose 1/1 permanent resources. I don't know why, but that fight always feels horrible to play. I just effing hate having to make that decision every single turn. Giving cards to the opponent goes against my every instinct and feels miserable. That fight feels several times longer than any other, because it's pure agony for me.

I have a lot more losses against piranhas and wurmoids for example, but for some reason this encounter instantly jumps on my mind when I think about irritating opponents.

So, what is your nemesis node?

Worm queen. I decided I WAS going to beat her with all 60 gnomes in my deck.
    ie 50 attempts later I decided, ok I will do it in 2 runs, 30 per run.

That took another 50 attempts,

THEN

Forgot to turn in the quest straight away and went back to the gnome camp and... the counter reset and I hd to fight that bitch a third time >.<

STUPID WORM

Killipede #2 gave me headache until I build my deck around it. Piranhas were scary until I build a deck for it then realize holy carp that was easy!

On the bright side, you can skip thorn knight and nothing bad seems to happen in the later dungeon fights.

On topic, easily level 6 Army of myth, it's not even a fight, it's just an exercise in rng. You have to go first, you have to get a god draw, and then you have to dodge the ~20% chance the AI has to put out a card that instantly wins for the first 3-4 turns. i'm probably going to run through campaign with 4 elf warriors just to get my playset as painlessly as possible and never touch the encounter again.

What do you get for lv 6 Army of myth win?

that diamond 5 cost 3/3 (flyer?) with a socket that creates 2 spirits with its socketed power, pretty much a required card if you want to do a spirit deck but only moderately useful outside of that.

You get some spectral card, its a decent card but for a fair few people it won't be worth the effort (and they will likely buy it from smart farmers.)

Army of Myth 6 is by far the most frustrating (certain t1 cards it creates simply make you concede - Lady Devonshire? You're boned. Zakkir? Probably boned. King Gabe? Likely boned. Kraken? Almost certainly boned if you don't have heat wave. Etc etc.)

On the other hand, 6 is the only really frustrating one, the others are far easier as you get more time to react (even 5 is a good deal easier.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Killipede #2 feels like I'm playing pauper against competitive constructed.

When you lose a PvE match, you should get to choose if you're going to play first or draw first, rather than have the coin flip. TBH, the coin flip just shouldn't even exist in PvE. When you lose, you choose the next game; when you win, the AI chooses the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    Forgot to turn in the quest straight away and went back to the gnome camp and... the counter reset and I hd to fight that bitch a third time >.<
    Holy sh... Table flippin' time! That would ruin my day.

Also, I just realized I haven't fought Army of Myth lvl 6 yet :O

Yay, more content! I forgot to go back. I take it you just return to the same place and it goes up a level?

Knight of thorns is probably the hardest fight in the game that isn't straight up unfair like armies 6.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.