Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PvE Campaign - Budget Decks

Really grateful for these guides Nico they really helped me out, cheers.

I tried the Necrotic cleric build but I was struggling without Righteous Paladin and Paladin of the Necropolis which seem like key cards to have?
    Although Corrupt Harvester seems to win me most of my games.

So if you have either Paladin lying around or the chest and helm for Legionnaire (Helm of Revelation, Armor of the Diamond Citadel) that would probably help quite a bit.

IGN Zilph
    Last edited by Zilph; 02-02-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks for the guides Nico.

It really helps me out with deck building since im not sure whats good cards/decks outside of blood.
    I was trying to force mono blood with necrotic but the shard grid made that hard so these guides def help out.
    keep up the good work.

Are planning to write more guides that arent specifically budget decks?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Thanks for the guides Nico.

It really helps me out with deck building since im not sure whats good cards/decks outside of blood.
    I was trying to force mono blood with necrotic but the shard grid made that hard so these guides def help out.
    keep up the good work.

Are planning to write more guides that arent specifically budget decks?
    How comprehensive are you talking? I do a lot of deck builds that are not budget. I've posted a few in the Human Mage guide. However, if you are looking for something specific, let me know. The decks I played for Shin'Hare and Orc Warrior were not super budget, but were derived from the budget lists I posted.

Interesting stuff. Finally came back to this game after a hiatus and sad to see that the chain brutal commander into xocoys no longer work. Managed to beat the campaign with my old deck but it's just not consistent enough in devonshire cause of the damage clocks. Thinking about doing a blood/ruby orc warrior deck but worried the splash might make it too inconsistent, got any suggestions? I'm not really on a budget.

Devonshire is meant to be difficult. If everyone could beat it with a budget deck, the strategy HEX has for progression transitioning from PvP to PvE and trading as you go would be meaningless. I'd say you can do Devonshire with mono or dual-shard decks in Ruby and Blood, but the trick there is packing the right tricks and removal. The final encounter is the hardest, and requires the most specific pieces, like Burns with Gloves equipment, and Crackling Bolts. Maybe even Rot Cast/Kill.

I personally had a hard time and hit a wall myself with my mono-ruby mostly budget deck in Devonshire. I walked away from it completely, but could probably take it down with the right tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    How comprehensive are you talking? I do a lot of deck builds that are not budget. I've posted a few in the Human Mage guide. However, if you are looking for something specific, let me know. The decks I played for Shin'Hare and Orc Warrior were not super budget, but were derived from the budget lists I posted.
    Just tips for wiktor in general(blood or ruby). I did manage to beat it but i feel like it was just lucky and not like it would be consistent for farming that dungeon.

From what ive asked in chat its mainly been killing the snake asap with either crackling bolt/ rotcast/ contractkilling.
    Then surviving the onslaught of mobs he throws with other kill cards etc( inquisition worked rly well here for me)
    and using some toxins asap and not let it stay in ur hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Just tips for wiktor in general(blood or ruby). I did manage to beat it but i feel like it was just lucky and not like it would be consistent for farming that dungeon.

From what ive asked in chat its mainly been killing the snake asap with either crackling bolt/ rotcast/ contractkilling.
    Then surviving the onslaught of mobs he throws with other kill cards etc( inquisition worked rly well here for me)
    and using some toxins asap and not let it stay in ur hand.
    The Wiktor fight is definitely the hardest. BTRC's guide has good tips in it for Ruby players. (on Hexprimal).
    Cheap removal is key. I think I made another post about it, but you want preferably 9 turn 2 answers to the 2/3 troop in your deck for the encounter. Here are examples:

Wiktor Tips:

Blood: Contract Killing, Rot Cast - - - Kill as a turn 3.

Ruby: Crackling Bolt, Burn + Gloves - - - Ruby Lance as a turn 3.

Diamond: Meek, Repel - - - Solitary Exile as a turn 3

Sapphire: Morphology, Time Ripple - - -Buccaneer as a turn 3

Wild: Cry yourself to sleep. (I can't think of anything too amazing here. focus on ramp into a battle troop is probably best / survival of fittest)

Artifact: Sapper's Charge + Equip.

Class specific tips on Wiktor:

Warrior: Go up the talent tree for these things: Cheaper Charge power, Charge does +1 damage, Charge deals you no damage, Warrior Affinity. This allows you to use your Charge power as the kill card for the 2/3 troop.

Mage: Save soothsaying for cards that are linked to 2 damage at the end of your turn if it's in your hand. Cheap discard trick. If you have enough talent points dipped into starting SP, there are some nice options depending on Race, to get rid of the 2/3 early.

Cleric: Not many distinct advantages through the clerics talents alone, but being able to take advantage of steadfast troops, and keeping your HP up through swiftstrike troops and affinity to clerics may be the trick to living through it.

Thanks allot man. Gonna try some builds and see

Always nice to find some helpful guides Nico, thanks.

To anyone that was following my Human Mage Guide, and wanted budget alternatives, I made some huge updates on why I picked each troop and suggestions for Budget cards. The original link to the guide works.