Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Gotham City Docks. It's the only non-oversized promo. But I think that's it.

Edit: didn't see character cards only. I think that's it.
    Last edited by NKenn; 02-25-2016 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Didn't see character cards. My bad.

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by NKenn View Post
    Gotham City Docks. It's the only non-oversized promo
    Félix Faust is non-oversized promo too...

Quote Originally Posted by julio View Post
    Félix Faust is non-oversized promo too...
    Along with the 3 2015 volunteer non-character promos
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

I really don't get why people include the volunteer cards when talking about DC promos. They're not DC cards, just generic Cerberus, but they constantly get brought up at times when the Street Fighter or Naruto promos don't. Plus they were never meant to be in circulation.

That's just my take on it, anyway. Not trying to be hostile about it or anything, it's just something that's been on my mind for a while.

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
    I really don't get why people include the volunteer cards when talking about DC promos. They're not DC cards, just generic Cerberus, but they constantly get brought up at times when the Street Fighter or Naruto promos don't. Plus they were never meant to be in circulation.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by GuruGuru214 View Post
    While your point is true about circulation, the difference with Street Fighter/Naruto over-sized cards is that they are specifically geared and worded for their respective games. You can't really play them outside of their own game, similar to using Batman (15) and Joker (15) in regular competitive play.

Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer on the other hand has a very unique ability that actually melds well with the DC DBG. In fact he's borderline broken in Teen Titans due to his synergy with the first Super-Villain, Slade Wilson.

And it's true that he's not a DC Character by any means, but they easily could've made his exact Character (effect) into something like The Question. The idea is that he's viable in the competitive DC DBG concept, whether or not he's a DC Character or easily obtainable. Naruto and Street Fighter Characters are not and therefore not considered in this concept.

Add that to the fact that the card format designs and type names match the DC theme from the Cerberus Heroes engine (Equipment, Super Power, Location) and it is easy to make the connection to the DC DB games specifically.

You could use them with Naruto or Street Fighter but they use different terminology (such as Technique or Ultra).
    Last edited by BenJazz; 02-25-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Regardless, nobody except those volunteers should ever have those cards, unless said volunteers decide to relinquish them. I wouldn't even really call them promos, they aren't really promotional, they're more just rewards/gifts.
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Apple View Post
    Regardless, nobody except those volunteers should ever have those cards, unless said volunteers decide to relinquish them. I wouldn't even really call them promos, they aren't really promotional, they're more just rewards/gifts.
    Unless someone decided to use one of the Photoshop template sets floating around to piece together their own home versions of the volunteer cards. But that would be a heck of a lot of effort to get some truly overpowered cards for regular play. @_@

Also, one person out there DOES have those cards without being a volunteer. There is a single closed listing on eBay for a complete set of the five cards that sold a few months ago. Some volunteer turned those cards into $60 or so. Can't remember the exact sales price and too lazy to find the listing again.

Edit: I take that last part back. Found it in my browsing history.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crytozoic-Vo...-/181839641180

$60 exactly.
    Last edited by DimeDrl; 04-01-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    Unless someone decided to use one of the Photoshop template sets floating around to piece together their own home versions of the volunteer cards. But that would be a heck of a lot of effort to get some truly overpowered cards for regular play. @_@

Also, one person out there DOES have those cards without being a volunteer. There is a single closed listing on eBay for a complete set of the five cards that sold a few months ago. Some volunteer turned those cards into $60 or so. Can't remember the exact sales price and too lazy to find the listing again.

Edit: I take that last part back. Found it in my browsing history.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crytozoic-Vo...-/181839641180

$60 exactly.
    Oh, there is more than one. Ebay isn't the only place you can find them. I got a set for $16.