Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Promo Card Update

Hey all you deck-building fans,

Quick update for anyone who has been on the look out for promos for our DBGs, new and old alike. We have a new shipment off to the BoardgameGeek Store (click here) that includes the following:

• Skitter (previously only available at 2015 events)
    • The Joker (1,000 of them sold out between August and now, so we're restocking)
    • Martian Manhunter (only 100, we're running down to the last of them!)
    • Radagast (The Hobbit promo)
    • Henrik Sedin (NHL Power Play promo)

And perhaps most importantly,

• STARFIRE - We've been doing some New Years cleaning after coming back from the holidays and turned up a box of these we didn't realize we still had. Naturally we want to make them available to as many people as possible so you can avoid having to pay eBay prices to get one. Some are being kept for ourselves to take to 2016 events as well (Origins, GenCon, WonderCon, Comic Cons, etc.), but after this supply runs out (we're pretty sure!) that it'll be the last of them. If you're still looking for them don't miss out!

I don't have an exact date when the BGG Store will update, but the cards should arrive to them this week, so I'd expect to see all the new stuff pop up at some point next week. Promos are generally offered at $3.00 - $5.00 on their store.

As a friendly reminder, they have a few other game promos on their store currently in case any of these capture people's attention.

• Mecha-Naruto (Naruto Shippuden DBG promo)
    • Felix Faust (DC Super-Villain, stack sized, not oversized/playable)
    • A variety of LotR promos (Merry & Pippin, Gandalf, Faramir, Theoden, Arwen, Eowyn)

And some non-deck-building promos for older CZE board/card games.

Thanks everyone for your support! I'll post again when I have confirmation of the new products going live.
    Ryan Skinner

Cool. The heads-up on this is awesome, thanks!

I'm getting ready to place an order from the Cryptozoic Store, and hoping to get at least a few of the ones I've been missing. Do you still have some that aren't going to BGG (that I could request on my order from you guys)?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtipper View Post
    I'm getting ready to place an order from the Cryptozoic Store, and hoping to get at least a few of the ones I've been missing. Do you still have some that aren't going to BGG (that I could request on my order from you guys)?
    You must put your request for ONE specific promo card per base set that you order into the comments field of your order. We don't sell individual promo cards.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Fantastic to hear! Some of the regulars at our local store and I are putting together a master set with all of the sets that are still available, so having the promos will really help!

You guys have any extra Banes? I missed out on the first printing of forever evil.
    Skitter and Joker already sell out? Only DC promo on that link is Felix Faust.

Skitter and Joker haven't shown up yet. Probably won't until at least the week of the 7th.

Re: Bane, and by proxy Kid Flash and any future "in-the-box first printing" promos, we do have a small quantity of each in the office for QA purposes, but I can see about sending some off to BGG as well, probably in our next big wave in a little while.
    Ryan Skinner

No mention of Gotham City Docks?

The very large majority of our printed 'Docks' went to the in-store Crisis program we ran in late 2014. We had kept some on hand in the office for events and have provided some to the BGG store in the past, but unfortunately our stock is just about gone. I have fewer than 50 copies at my desk currently, which will be used at major events this year for sales/organized play incentive. Maybe if we're lucky more of them will turn up like the hidden cache of Starfires, but I'm pretty sure everything we had has been used. Sorry!

Regarding this update to the BGG Store, I'm told that their next refresh to the store will happen on or near the 15th of this month, so be sure to keep an eye out around then!
    Ryan Skinner

sweet hoping to grab skitter and joker when they hit.