Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Dungeon Delver bonus loot on Ardor day drops?

Yeah Colin, that's absolutely fine that tiers are unbalanced, no problems with that. My issue is the the amount of outrage about how much 'stuff' DC guys get, when in reality the 'stuff' is quite worthless compared to other tiers. That is to say, the most outrage is directed at the least valuable tier.

You're right in that seasonal events are not explicitly part of the DC package (no arguments there), however, tying awards to "Boss Encounters" automatically makes it part of the DC package. Saying, "Completing a dungeon" does legitimately remove it from the DC package (again, no arguments). However, having no other way to complete a dungeon besides from defeating a boss, is what makes it a cop out and feel like we are being cheated out of promised rewards.

Cory also said he would always look after the kickstarter backers. Using purely language to bypass or opt-out of the DC tier rewards somewhat betrays that. It also opens the door to other ways to opt-out of delivering kickstarter rewards.

Giving rewards for 'completing' a dungeon would make more sense if a dungeon had multiple bosses that did not trigger the dungeon to be over, or if there were ways to complete a dungeon without defeating a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    As someone with the DC bonus, I have no problems with this.
    I am actually ok with it as well. While I am a bit disappointed at the lost value I was never really sure if that value was meant to be there in the first place and not just a side effect of only being able to give it out through arena bosses.

I just wanted to check to make sure it was intended or not :-)

off topic p.s. : I always figured that collector would be at least equal to pro tier in value and if I had not be able to cobble together the money for grand king I would have gone with collector :-)

<DC backer

I think it's working as intended. Its a reward for completion, not an addition to the loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsgalt View Post
    Yeah Colin, that's absolutely fine that tiers are unbalanced, no problems with that. My issue is the the amount of outrage about how much 'stuff' DC guys get, when in reality the 'stuff' is quite worthless compared to other tiers. That is to say, the most outrage is directed at the least valuable tier.

You're right in that seasonal events are not explicitly part of the DC package (no arguments there), however, tying awards to "Boss Encounters" automatically makes it part of the DC package. Saying, "Completing a dungeon" does legitimately remove it from the DC package (again, no arguments). However, having no other way to complete a dungeon besides from defeating a boss, is what makes it a cop out and feel like we are being cheated out of promised rewards.

Cory also said he would always look after the kickstarter backers. Using purely language to bypass or opt-out of the DC tier rewards somewhat betrays that. It also opens the door to other ways to opt-out of delivering kickstarter rewards.
    Great post. I suspect the outrage is somehow due to the DC tier having the biggest impact on non-paying customers. Pro Player reward lowers value of PVP cards & packs, but DC lowers value of PVE and PVE special event cards. Cards that everyone is able to get for free by simply playing the game. DC players have to put in 50% of effort to get same number of PVE cards, and that is exactly why I bought DC.

There has been considerable effort put into diluting the effect of the DC perk. Spreading rewards throughout the dungeon in terms of XP and gold. Now triggering rewards on "completing a dungeon" even though the only way to do that is to beat a boss.

I get that they are trying to level they playing field for non kickstarters and make it feel more equal but the fact is they are antagonizing a core fan base. Same with every time they make a decisions to make F2P more viable they antagonize the paying market.

I guess to make an omelet you have to crack a few eggs...

The Transcended
    I am a DC backer and I am fine with this, especially if it signals that RL will end up being modified to remove the P2W aspect, when it's finally in the game. As for relative value of DC vs Collector, I care not. I wanted DC, so I bought DC. If I'd wanted Collector, it was available to buy. In hindsight, we'd all have probably wanted to by several hundred or thousand dollars more from the KS, but life doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I am a DC backer and I am fine with this, especially if it signals that RL will end up being modified to remove the P2W aspect, when it's finally in the game. As for relative value of DC vs Collector, I care not. I wanted DC, so I bought DC. If I'd wanted Collector, it was available to buy. In hindsight, we'd all have probably wanted to by several hundred or thousand dollars more from the KS, but life doesn't work that way.
    I am okay with this too.. BUT.. I want this to be the exception, not the rule. Special events etc, I dont mind DC bonus not applying. I dont want to see it become common place though to stick i to the DC tier through 'wording' just because they can

I have a question: does Crayburn Castle have DC boosts at all? Clearly you can't get double the packs (those were quest related) but is the gold boosted? I am curious if it counts as a boss, since it does count for the event.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Yes, the final battle is treated as a boss fight for DC purposes.

I'd also like to point out that the chance for a random stardust for elves is also for "defeating a dungeon" and doesn't get doubled for DC. The special event seems to be using the exact same kind of mechanism for giving out the special rewards (appears after the rewards for the boss fight, isn't doubled). So it's not like they created something different just to avoid the DC bonus (unless you want to accuse them of making the elf trait the way it is just to avoid the DC bonus).
    -Stormshard