Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: No Dungeon Delver bonus loot on Ardor day drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    but in that case you have to farm something over and over again... now you can at least choose different dungeons
    Unless it's not designed so you have to farm it at all.

They could juts have the drops be fixed so completing the event once gets you the whole set. (the encounters don't even necessarily have to be repeatable)

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    As someone else pointed out they can over dungeon crawler in a number of different ways. The BOSS doesnt drop the loot, its in a chest! The BOSS doesnt drop the loot, his minion/pet does! They BOSS doesnt have the loot, Cory Jones hand delivers it on his private jet! That doesnt mean it doesnt break the spirit of the Tier. and Im saying this as someone that is fine with not having doubled event loot.
    In other news, the following changes have been made to other kickstarter tiers to bring them inline with bosses 'guarding' loot rather than dropping it.

THE COLLECTOR TIER:

Everything from the King tier.
    6 NEW Alternate Art PVP cards per year, exclusive to “the Collector” Tier for life of the game.
    “The Collector” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.
    A second set of all exclusive cards from the King level.

Collectors will still get 6 AA PVP cards per year, but only 1 per year will be rare. Furthermore these cards will be account bound and not be tradeable. Not that you would want to trade these super valuable cards, you're collectors right? Gotta collect'em all!

THE RAID LEADER TIER:

+1 Card in the opening hand of all players grouped with “The Raid Leader” in non-tournament PVE content FOR LIFE of the game!
    “The Raid Leader” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.
    Raid Leader- exclusive PVE card.

Bonuses only apply to dungeons for which players are start together with the raid leader. For raids where players start off separated and have to regroup, the bonus does not apply until they are reunited. Furthermore, the bonuses only apply to players that are located within 1km geographically together (HEX lan??). You're supposed to be a team right, get together, work together!

THE GUILD MASTER TIER:

+10% PVE experience for all members of the “The Guild Masters” guild FOR LIFE of the game!
    “The Guild Master” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.
    Special Guild Code: give 30 booster packs each to 3 of your friends (180.00 value).

Guilds have a max of 10 members to prevent people signing up to a 'open guild master tier guild' and therefore everyone receiving 10% PVE. The 10% experience is also only active when the guild leader is actually logged in. If a leader isn't present, how can he inspire his fellows? Show some leadership, dammit! Also, all cards generated from the 30 booster packs are non-tradable.

THE PRO PLAYER TIER:

Everything from the King tier. One free draft tournament each week FOR LIFE of the game! “The Pro Player” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves. Kickstarter exclusive tournament for the Pro Player tier (this reward may happen after Sep 2013). Grand Prize for the tournament: 4 of every card at release.

Ahhh the first tier to sell out. You guys will no longer get to keep any of the cards you draft. Nor will you receive end of tournament prizes. Play for the fun of the game, not for the winnings right?

Please note that not a single kickstarter promise has been broken and all tiers are still getting what they paid for. It may not be in the supposed spirit, but it is to the letter.

/end_satire

In all seriousness, this event has had very good drop rates and people should be able to very easily get a playset of everything they should want. As such I don't mind the DC perks don't apply. I don't care about 'value', the stuff is junk and very cheap on the AH. I just wanted to be fully experience HEX and being locked out of deck types such as things as storm coat [:edit was frustrating] and I think hexent have learned from this.

I personally chose DC to reduce the grind (not to get more stuff to make profit, I repeat the stuff is junk) which even though is still relevant in principle, is irrelevant in the fact I will still be completing dungeons even after I have all my ardor day loot.

I just want to say again that I have no problem whatsoever with event loot being outside the purview of DC. My issues have more to do with there's a great deal more of the game not located 'inside dungeons' and the things that 'bosses' drop aren't really in spirit with the description of the tier during the KS. Things change and this is the first wave of PVE, but in the future hopefully that is kept in mind. RL and GM still have a lot coming to them as well. So this is by no means a priority for me or a major concern. Just don't want economic decisions to marginalize a sold out category of backers. If they feel like the tier or the game needs to change to meet the kind of expectation that it set, then hopefully they'll be able to make that change.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    As someone else pointed out they can unicornpoop over dungeon crawler in a number of different ways. The BOSS doesnt drop the loot, its in a chest! The BOSS doesnt drop the loot, his minion/pet does! They BOSS doesnt have the loot, Cory Jones hand delivers it on his private jet! That doesnt mean it doesnt break the spirit of the Tier. and Im saying this as someone that is fine with not having doubled event loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    During the Kickstarter we were led to believe that all Dungeon loot came from a boss and all non-raid PvE would be Dungeons.

It's easy to see how someone could find loot from adventure zone encounters, loot from non-boss encounters in dungeons, and completion rewards for dungeons 'not counting' as against the spirit of what they were promised.
    ^^This

I think it's super annoying we have to have this debate every time new content is released. When i bought the DC tier i was told we would get double loot from dungeon bosses, and it was clarified that most encounters in dungeons would be considered a boss.

Now it seems that is not the case. There is only 1 boss per dungeon - apparently Benjamin and Alexander are not strong enough to be considered even a miniboss - and Crypto are moving loot away from boss drops to 'dungeon rewards' which apparently does not count for the DC tier.

When was it clarified that most encounters would be bosses? So far the only dungeon we were ever shown in it's entirety was the Krakens gold dungeon (barring the ones we have in AZ1) and that had three bosses, two of which were entirely optional, and the dungeon itself seemed to have roughly 15 nodes (giving a ratio of roughly 1:5 nodes to bosses.) And they never said every boss would have loot (I would expect an odd boss or two to have special effects on the way the dungeons play out instead, like reducing the health of the end boss, etc.)

If I am incorrect at all, are there links to the info I have missed? (If it was a stream, disregard, I know how hard it is to track down info in ancient streams.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    I just want to say again that I have no problem whatsoever with event loot being outside the purview of DC. My issues have more to do with there's a great deal more of the game not located 'inside dungeons' and the things that 'bosses' drop aren't really in spirit with the description of the tier during the KS. Things change and this is the first wave of PVE, but in the future hopefully that is kept in mind. RL and GM still have a lot coming to them as well. So this is by no means a priority for me or a major concern. Just don't want economic decisions to marginalize a sold out category of backers. If they feel like the tier or the game needs to change to meet the kind of expectation that it set, then hopefully they'll be able to make that change.
    I thought this was quite succinctly said.

I like the design of the "overland" (non-dungeon) stuff. However, it seems to really lower the initial thoughts and communications on how often we would encounter a "boss". Hopefully we see this implemented more as we get more PVE content.

I also know that the devs have always been quite generous - especially with the KS backers - so I have to believe that will continue in the future.

Somewhat unrelated, but I would like Boss encounters to boast additional flair in their character portrait / game board.

In all MMOs bosses and elite mobs are clearly distinguishable from normal mobs, via flair in their HP bar or otherwise. I want the same here!

Quote Originally Posted by LNQ View Post
    Somewhat unrelated, but I would like Boss encounters to boast additional flair in their character portrait / game board.

In all MMOs bosses and elite mobs are clearly distinguishable from normal mobs, via flair in their HP bar or otherwise. I want the same here!
    Nice thought. Gold portrait border or some such to make bosses clearly distinguishable would be nice.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasbark View Post
    I think it's super annoying we have to have this debate every time new content is released. When i bought the DC tier i was told we would get double loot from dungeon bosses, and it was clarified that most encounters in dungeons would be considered a boss.

Now it seems that is not the case. There is only 1 boss per dungeon - apparently Benjamin and Alexander are not strong enough to be considered even a miniboss - and Crypto are moving loot away from boss drops to 'dungeon rewards' which apparently does not count for the DC tier.
    It's weird how Alexander isn't considered a miniboss