Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: No Dungeon Delver bonus loot on Ardor day drops?

I haven't finished the last AZ1 dungeon yet, but in all the other campaign dungeons, the boss drops the dungeon pack and also gives more gold and experience than any of the other encounters in the dungeon. The vast majority of the value in the dungeon rewards lies in the pack. Wouldn't a DC get two packs for beating the boss instead of one? If not, I think they should. If they do, then at least 80-90% of the total value for completing the dungeon comes from the boss and gets doubled for DC.

2 packs instead of one is correct.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

Quote Originally Posted by noragar View Post
    I haven't finished the last AZ1 dungeon yet, but in all the other campaign dungeons, the boss drops the dungeon pack and also gives more gold and experience than any of the other encounters in the dungeon. The vast majority of the value in the dungeon rewards lies in the pack. Wouldn't a DC get two packs for beating the boss instead of one? If not, I think they should. If they do, then at least 80-90% of the total value for completing the dungeon comes from the boss and gets doubled for DC.
    This is exactly what happens. It's really good.

The event drops come after defeating the dungeon boss,whie it's possible to say it's a boss drop it's an event drop from completing a dungeon it's still very ugly sementics and effectivly reduce the value of a tier which is already lower value compared to the others and not fair to the people who back at DC level.

Exactly what happens is a bit more clear if you play an elf.

It's the same "dungeon completed" drop that gives you your stardust that gives the event drop.

The main issue is that does seem a bit contrived, especially if you haven't played an elf and didn't know that step was a thing. I think combined with the addition of adventure zones adding a lot of single player PvE content where the DC perk doesn't apply (it was presented as single player PvE=dungeons, multiplayer PvE=raids during KS) it's easy to get the impression that CZE is looking for excuses to not apply the DC perk.

On the other hand XP apparently counts as loot (is that a bug?), so the DC perk is also giving double XP from dungeon bosses which isn't something we were ever promised.

[edit] Also the double XP thing is probably at least in part responsible for the relatively low count of dungeon bosses. completely doubling your XP gain even juts in dungeons would be pretty nuts, and potentially problematic for presenting a challenge at anything before "end game" content.
    Last edited by Turtlewing; 02-04-2016 at 12:23 PM.