Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PVE Secrets (Spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggarius View Post
    As an Elf Warrior, with no Elves on board, I've had the Stirring Orration with equipment recur. Not once, but multiple times.
    Deathless Guardian's equipment also checks if you are a warrior, and is completely overpowered.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
    Deathless Guardian's equipment also checks if you are a warrior, and is completely overpowered.
    Wait a minute. Are you telling me that if I go in to devonshire as a warrior, play deathless guardian with equipment, and don't let combat damage through, wiktor's toxins will never hit me? I used her with equipment for my first run through as a necrotic warrior; how did I not notice that?!

(Does it also prevent burning damage? Either way, holy crap!)
    IGN: Legan

Quote Originally Posted by Flairina View Post
    Wait a minute. Are you telling me that if I go in to devonshire as a warrior, play deathless guardian with equipment, and don't let combat damage through, wiktor's toxins will never hit me? I used her with equipment for my first run through as a necrotic warrior; how did I not notice that?!

(Does it also prevent burning damage? Either way, holy crap!)
    its Weird and doesn't work on burning and toxin damage.
    Last edited by wolzarg; 02-03-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

I'm not certain whether that is a bug or not. Burning damage and damage from effects like Mindpyre Wraith (which cause uncast cards in your hand to hurt you) isn't actually the opponent doing damage to you, its the opponent causing you to do damage to yourself. Thus, "You opponent's non-combat damage is reduced by 1" and similar effects don't apply. It's a flavor fail for sure but I think mechanically it's working like it's supposed to. It wouldn't make sense for your Deathless Guardians to reduce your Contract Killing's damage done to you, after all, and it's the same type of effect.

"Stop hitting yourself!"

-Wiktor, the asshat Goblin.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    I'm not certain whether that is a bug or not. Burning damage and damage from effects like Mindpyre Wraith (which cause uncast cards in your hand to hurt you) isn't actually the opponent doing damage to you, its the opponent causing you to do damage to yourself. Thus, "You opponent's non-combat damage is reduced by 1" and similar effects don't apply. It's a flavor fail for sure but I think mechanically it's working like it's supposed to. It wouldn't make sense for your Deathless Guardians to reduce your Contract Killing's damage done to you, after all, and it's the same type of effect.
    True, were it not for the wording of deathess guardian's equipment description, which is what I was talking about.

"Prevent all non-combat damage that would be dealt to non-opposing Warriors."

All non-combat damage, including that dealt by your own cards. So no, it actually makes less sense if toxins DO hurt you. Burning is a sort of status effect so that might be a potential loophole, but the way it's worded, if it works on warrior champions, it should prevent damage from cards like the toxins, contract killing, cards fetched by infernal professor, etc. Anyone able to test this? I'M gonna have to test this.
    IGN: Legan

Quote Originally Posted by Flairina View Post
    True, were it not for the wording of deathess guardian's equipment description, which is what I was talking about.

"Prevent all non-combat damage that would be dealt to non-opposing Warriors."

All non-combat damage, including that dealt by your own cards. So no, it actually makes less sense if toxins DO hurt you. Burning is a sort of status effect so that might be a potential loophole, but the way it's worded, if it works on warrior champions, it should prevent damage from cards like the toxins, contract killing, cards fetched by infernal professor, etc. Anyone able to test this? I'M gonna have to test this.
    I've cleared my last four runs with zero issues. The guardian completely stops all toxin and burning damage. I've actually built up over 30 stacks of burning on Wiktor before.

Edit: I have a human warrior. Noticed you have a necrotic. Shouldn't make an difference unless it is a super specific weird bug and not intended.
    Last edited by Angmar; 02-03-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post

2 Crucial secrets to share for runners:
    #1 - The most efficient 'farming' build seems to be a fresh character made to complete all nodes until they get across the second bridge, and then enter the first town. The run would end there. My last attempt pre-patch was about 40mins long. The only off-path node I do for an AV pack is the Smashing Pumpkin's node.
    ... /sigh*
    Nico you are usually pretty observant for PvE stuff, please please tell me you have re-evaluated and are wrong.
    Otherwise our budding MMO has turned into a static PC-RPG from the old Bard'sTale 1 days: where you just re-loaded your starting characters, got their stuff, moved to bank/mule toon, deleted, rinse-repeat.
    I hope you're wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    ... /sigh*
    Nico you are usually pretty observant for PvE stuff, please please tell me you have re-evaluated and are wrong.
    Otherwise our budding MMO has turned into a static PC-RPG from the old Bard'sTale 1 days: where you just re-loaded your starting characters, got their stuff, moved to bank/mule toon, deleted, rinse-repeat.
    I hope you're wrong...
    What Nico says does seem to be the case though. Random encounters tend to give more gold than individual dungeon encounters, and the final dungeon reward isn't that high in terms on gold. The Dungeon booster pack is nice, but not as valuable as the gold imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    Defeating Armoy of Myth on highest level ( yes it has difficulty levels) nets you rare dust and a Spectral Caller card.

I'll be back in a bit.
    This is gonna take a long time.