Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock League Season 6 - Return of the rocks! (29th February 2016)

Rock League Season 6 - Return of the rocks! (29th February 2016)

Primer: http://fiveshards.com/rock-league-season-6-primer/

Official website http://www.hexrockleague.com/

When? Starts Monday 29th February - 0.01AM GMT (Runs 4 weeks)
    Sign ups until? Sign up stays open, even when the league has already started. The more, the merrier.
    Who? Everyone is allowed to enter.
    Entrance fee? Free

What is that ‘Rock format’ you're talking about?
    Rock is a constructed format that follows normal construction rules (60 card deck, a maximum 4 of each card, etc.) but also restricts players by only allowing common cards and a maximum of 4 uncommon cards. (So no rare or legendary cards.) Please note that there is a separate banlist for this format (see below)

Note that if you play with reserves you, the number of uncommons allowed across your maindeck and reserves is till 4.

The term ‘Rock’ was chosen because they're basically worthless compared to gems/shards.

How does the League work?
    Every week you're allowed to play a maximum of 3 league matches for points. You may challenge anyone as long as they are signed up for the league. You can only play the same person once every two weeks. Matches are best of 3. A win will earn you 3 points, a loss will earn you 1 point. At the end of the season (4 weeks) the people with most points will be awarded some prizes (see below).

Playing more than the maximum allowed matches (3), you will earn tiebreaker points. Each win after the first 3 games will award you 1 tiebreaker point.

Again, you are free to play with anyone you want. Contact people on this list through the forum or just ask around in the chat if someone wants to play you for league points. If they have not signed up yet, have them post in this topic before you start the game. Afterwards you both have to post the result here.

Once you found a person to play add each other as friend and use the "challenge friend" feature to play a best-of-three match.

How do I report my games?
    We advice that you report your games by posting a screenshot of the final result screen after the match has finished. You can upload any images by using a service like imgur. Only you or your opponent has to do this.

If you can't post this, please post the result as plain text and ask your opponent to do the same to confirm the result.

Deck choice
    You are free to change your decks in between matches (not in between games!). It would be nice if you let us know which deck you played when you post your result, but that is not required. This way we can see what the meta is like.

Banlist
    For the current season there will be no bans!

Prizes
    1st place
    2x Set 1 Booster
    2x Set 2 Booster
    6x Set 3 Booster
    1x Cloud King Sleeves
    1000 Platinum

2nd place
    2x Set 1 Booster
    2x Set 2 Booster
    6x Set 3 Booster
    500 Platinum,

3rd-4th place (each)
    2x Set 1 Booster
    2x Set 2 Booster
    3x Set 3 booster
    100 Platinum

5th-8th place (each)
    1x Set 1 Booster
    2x Set 2 Booster
    2x Set 3 Booster

9th-16th place (each)
    1x Set 2 Booster
    2x Set 3 Booster

17th-32rd place (each)
    1x Set 3 Booster

(Top 32 total: 12x Set 1 Booster, 24x Set 2 Booster, 40x Set 3 Booster, 1700 Platinum)

The Grinder Challenge
    Just like last time we have the Grinder Challenge. The prize for this will be announced soon. To be eligible for the Grinder Challenge you have to play the maximum allowed games for points each week (That means you have to play at least 3 matches each week to be able to win this prize).

Prize:
    2x 5 Set 3 Booster

The Diversity Challenge
    We also have the Diversity Challenge again with a slight change. Only games that count for points will count for the diversity challenge this time around. To be eligible for this prize you have to play with at least 4 different champions in your games for points. Please make sure to report the champion you played with when reporting your score.

2x 5 Set 3 Boosters

Door prize
    1x Burn AA
    1x Buccaneer AA
    1x 4x Mettle AA
    4x 100 platinum
    10x 1 Set 2 Booster
    10x 1 Set 3 Booster

Door prizes will be awarded at the end of the rock league. Winners will be drawn from anyone who played at least three games.

Donations
    If you want to donate to the prize pool, you’re very welcome to do so. You can either send them directly to our in-game account (RockLeague) or contact me directly on this forum with a PM. Donations will go only to the prize pool and I will try to give out as many prizes to as many people as possible. Note that your donation might go to another season than the current.

Rules (recap)
    - 60 cards decks with 15 card reserves. Only commons and a maximum of 4 uncommons across both the deck and reserves. (So no rare or legendary cards)
    - All games will be done through the in-game "challenge friend" feature for a best-of-3 match.
    - You can only play the same person once every two weeks.
    - The winner or loser (preferable the former) has to report the game by posting a screenshot of the final result screen. Alternatively both winner and loser can report the result of the game without a screenshot in this thread.
    - The first 3 games each week earn you points
    - You are allowed to play more games than the allowed maximum. Playing more than 3 games will award tiebreaker points.
    - Please refrain from trying to play against certain decks or trying to avoid to play against certain decks. Deck and Champion choice should stay secret until the first game starts.

Ok. Sweet. How do I signup?
    Please respond to this topic with your in-game name. Thank you!
    Please note: If you played during Season 1, 2, 3, 4 OR 5 (wow... so many seasons already), you do NOT have to sign up again!

Banned players
    Al Sayf

Signed up
    http://hexrockleague.azurewebsites.net/Players

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by Kroan; 03-01-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

As always, we are still welcoming all donations. Our stash will be depleted at the end of this season, so all support is more than welcome

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Spread the word!

High Tomb Lord
    doesnt have the ingame sparring queue now an entrance fee and price?
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    doesnt have the ingame sparring queue now an entrance fee and price?
    That is likely an oversight, I imagine that he means the best of 3 direct challenge. (Or he really wants people to support Hex!)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

My apologies. I had to copy the post from Season 4 instead of 5, since that topic was locked. I did not realize that between those two seasons the "challenge a friend" was added. I updated the rules accordingly.

High Tomb Lord
    but... and sorry if i'm picky... but there is no result screen for these matches, right? so you can't take a screenshot from it :/
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    but... and sorry if i'm picky... but there is no result screen for these matches, right? so you can't take a screenshot from it :/
    Screenshot with your winning swing, or chat open with "gg" in it is fine. This is a very casual league, so we're all relying on each other to be honest.

Wow this came out of the blue!

Wahey! (no games yet)

EDIT: Ho humm pesky dates. 29 Feb not January.. I blame KG (not Lymn who told me it was running certainly ;-))
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

Hehe. I try to keep this announced well before they start so people can put them in their calendar and stuff