Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will this PVE Plant Deck Take Root?

Master Theorycrafter
    im guessing you are claiming the pod from tempo deficit.
    Im assuming you aren't claiming the root in the title.

I would have liked to see a few forced puns though for the true pun aficionados unleaf instead of unleash would have made me particularly happy but i also feel like there is supposed to be a pun in that area already and I am missing it.
    Last edited by Malicus; 02-03-2016 at 11:40 PM.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    And you won't hit three artifacts/constants until you are level 9 with this build, so there won't be a 3/3 Soul Vessel unless you luck out into early Briarpatches. And Faith in Our Leader is seems to be confused with The Righteous Path.

Anyway, this deck suffers from everything Plant decks had suffered from before: it is too damn slow, and without any reliable way of fighting off enemies. Yeah, on paper you have some defenders, but everything you play early is too valuable for you to sacrifice, and any sacrifice means that you will be even more behind on tempo. It also run TM with exactly two troops worth giving flight to, and three Balthasars without any sort of reliable ramp. So far it's like an epitome of 'feast of famine' decks. Either everything goes your way with perfect hands and draws, or you die a horrible death. Most likely the latter.

There are many cards more useful for Plant decks. Bramble Creeper, Sporeshambler, Vine Trap with gloves or Dream Eagle with gloves. Master Moss, if we are feeling luxurious.
    Consider that an elf cleric starts at 31 health with this build, for one. As for ramp, there's the howling braves and the leaf constants created by any blessings you draw, which should be at least one due to Good Karma. The guaranteed Soul Vessel that can be summoned during the opponent's declare attackers step is hard to beat, and you can even get it as early as turn 2 if you play a brave on turn one. Also, the deck plays both Dreamsmoke Mystic and Rhythmic Spiritualist at 3, which are very capable defenders.

The real focus of this deck isn't Plant affinity, really. It's entirely based on the Rhythmic Spiritualist's Feet equip. No matter how a troop is put into your deck, Spiritualist Sandals will give it "when this enters play, draw a card" both Rites and TM put troops back into your deck after they've done their thing, triggering this ability. Speaking of TM, it's there primarily to find Rhythmic Spiritualist if he's hiding and to get massive cantripping, flying briar legions in the mid to late game. Wouldn't be sad to get a Wolsey either.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchslap88 View Post
    Stay, men and women, and read of my PVE Plant deck!

If you feel like you've outgrown your typical decks and want to branch out but feel stumped, here's a PVE Plant deck that'll provide relief:
    You are a man after my own heart! A fun read, sir ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Malicus View Post
    im guessing you are claiming the pod from tempo deficit.
    Im assuming you aren't claiming the root in the title.

I would have liked to see a few forced puns though for the true pun aficionados unleaf instead of unleash would have made me particularly happy but i also feel like there is supposed to be a pun in that area already and I am missing it.
    I didn't see pod there, no. And no, not the "Root" from the title either. The thought of using forced puns arose but decided against it Still two more to find. One I consider fairly easy to see. The other is going to be challenging.

Master Theorycrafter
    I was thinking you should have used relief and you actually did but I was overlooking it. Man so many missed opportunities for forced puns though coulda used dew instead of due, twiggers instead of triggers. Bad puns are so much better than good puns. Andy Zaltzman is a god.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinotropia View Post
    You are a man after my own heart! A fun read, sir ^^
    Happy I could entertain such an entertainer! I'll need to start heading back to Twitch now that I've come back to the game. 'tis Adam H, if you recall. Most certainly a Dino at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Malicus View Post
    I was thinking you should have used relief and you actually did but I was overlooking it. Man so many missed opportunities for forced puns though coulda used dew instead of due, twiggers instead of triggers. Bad puns are so much better than good puns. Andy Zaltzman is a god.
    Relief was one of them, yes! Only one left!

The real focus of this deck isn't Plant affinity, really. It's entirely based on the Rhythmic Spiritualist's Feet equip. No matter how a troop is put into your deck, Spiritualist Sandals will give it "when this enters play, draw a card" both Rites and TM put troops back into your deck after they've done their thing, triggering this ability. Speaking of TM, it's there primarily to find Rhythmic Spiritualist if he's hiding and to get massive cantripping, flying briar legions in the mid to late game. Wouldn't be sad to get a Wolsey either.
    You do realize that you are constantly diluting you deck with new troops thus making the Spiritualist's effect less and less effective? It was the same with Wintermoon deck variations that ran Pack Raptor.

All right, I'll leave you to see practical implications of this decklist, but the point about Vine Traps still stands. Not because of their affinity, but because of their equipment.

The thought of using forced puns arose but decided against it Still two more to find. One I consider fairly easy to see..
    A rose? you silly billy, still at it I see

Stay, men = stamen

A fun read!