Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will this PVE Plant Deck Take Root?

This is in the wrong part of the forum but otherwise go plants!
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Master Theorycrafter
    Can't believe i missed stamen - that's what happens when you start looking too hard I don't think I was even reading that line.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

I don't even care what's in the deck, no need for you to walk the plank. Ton of applause.
    Last edited by LNQ; 02-04-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchslap88 View Post
    It's entirely based on the Rhythmic Spiritualist's Feet equip. No matter how a troop is put into your deck, Spiritualist Sandals will give it "when this enters play, draw a card" both Rites and TM put troops back into your deck after they've done their thing, triggering this ability. Speaking of TM, it's there primarily to find Rhythmic Spiritualist if he's hiding and to get massive cantripping, flying briar legions in the mid to late game. Wouldn't be sad to get a Wolsey either.
    I'm a big fan of the Spiritualist's in general, they're fun to play with (especially with equips). Do the Sandals trigger when you create something like a Ancestral Specter or Pack Raptor? Or does it not trigger off of created cards? I've never tried it to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Spiritualist's in general, they're fun to play with (especially with equips). Do the Sandals trigger when you create something like a Ancestral Specter or Pack Raptor? Or does it not trigger off of created cards? I've never tried it to find out.
    I'm reasonably certain that the answer here is yes. The Sandals trigger any time you put a troop into your deck, which includes creating a troop. So all of the Ancestral Specters and Briar Legions you create will have "draw a card" equal to the number of Spiritualists in play! And like I said before, they'll also get the same bonus from being put back in the deck after arcane focus, tm, and rites of the tranquil dream resolve. I threw the deck together yesterday and did some testing in the arena, and I definitely drew Briar Legions I'd never seen before that had "draw a card".

I'm reasonably certain that the answer here is yes. The Sandals trigger any time you put a troop into your deck, which includes creating a troop. So all of the Ancestral Specters and Briar Legions you create will have "draw a card" equal to the number of Spiritualists in play! And like I said before, they'll also get the same bonus from being put back in the deck after arcane focus, tm, and rites of the tranquil dream resolve. I threw the deck together yesterday and did some testing in the arena, and I definitely drew Briar Legions I'd never seen before that had "draw a card".
    I honestly can't believe I haven't tried this yet, especially considering how I'm a big fan of Rhythmic Spiritualist. Having your Ancestral Specters draw two cards when entering play is bonkers good. And if multiple Spiritualists stack...seriously, how have I not tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    Stay, men = stamen

A fun read!
    Got it!

And I really though I was going to slip that one by, Xexist. Too many sharp people in this community...

I can confirm that it does in fact work. Just played a game in the arena where I got two Spiritualists out, and they were 'trigger twitching' whenever my briarpatch conjuror created briar legions. Then I started drawing briar legions with 'draw a card, draw a card'. Balthasar really makes this deck go nuts. It'll be even better in pve with the 10 card hand size.

I bet this deck will be better supported by the warlock class ultimately. But Cleric gives it some room to grow (no pun intended)

I can confirm that it does in fact work. Just played a game in the arena where I got two Spiritualists out, and they were 'trigger twitching' whenever my briarpatch conjuror created briar legions. Then I started drawing briar legions with 'draw a card, draw a card'. Balthasar really makes this deck go nuts. It'll be even better in pve with the 10 card hand size.

I bet this deck will be better supported by the warlock class ultimately. But Cleric gives it some room to grow (no pun intended)
    Awesome. Rhythmic Spiritualist/Ancestral Specter deck here I come.

Wait, no one mentioned the read (reed) pun yet. . . was it just accidental then?
    -Stormshard