Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiktor - Devonshire Dungeon - Deckbuilding / and Talent Tree Tips

Wiktor - Devonshire Dungeon - Deckbuilding / and Talent Tree Tips

The Wiktor fight is definitely the hardest. BTRC's guide has good tips in it for Ruby players. (on Hexprimal).
    Cheap removal is key. I think I made another post about it, but you want preferably 9 turn 2 answers to the 2/3 troop in your deck for the encounter. Here are examples:

Wiktor Tips:

Blood: Contract Killing, Rot Cast - - - Kill as a turn 3.

Ruby: Crackling Bolt, Burn + Gloves - - - Ruby Lance as a turn 3.

Diamond: Meek, Repel - - - Solitary Exile as a turn 3

Sapphire: Morphology, Time Ripple - - -Buccaneer as a turn 3

Wild: Cry yourself to sleep. (I can't think of anything too amazing here. focus on ramp into a battle troop is probably best / survival of fittest)

Artifact: Sapper's Charge + Equip.

Class specific tips on Wiktor:

Warrior: Go up the talent tree for these things: Cheaper Charge power, Charge does +1 damage, Charge deals you no damage, Warrior Affinity. This allows you to use your Charge power as the kill card for the 2/3 troop.

Mage: Save soothsaying for cards that are linked to 2 damage at the end of your turn if it's in your hand. Cheap discard trick. If you have enough talent points dipped into starting SP, there are some nice options depending on Race, to get rid of the 2/3 early.

Cleric: Not many distinct advantages through the clerics talents alone, but being able to take advantage of steadfast troops, and keeping your HP up through swiftstrike troops and affinity to clerics may be the trick to living through it.

(Pulled from another thread - thought it would be helpful. If anyone would like to add tips, please do, and I'll update!)

For my deck it is one of the easiest fights (mono diamond) this isnt me bragging about my OP deck or anything either because sometimes getting to him can be a challenge, but I think his difficulty depends on the deck as much as anything.

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    For my deck it is one of the easiest fights (mono diamond) this isnt me bragging about my OP deck or anything either because sometimes getting to him can be a challenge, but I think his difficulty depends on the deck as much as anything.
    He's quite easy to deal with as mono diamond, but once you deal with the initial 2/3 body guard, he's not as bad as you'd imagine him to be.

The other deck I used was mono blue dwarves/robots deck, time ripple once and the fight is generally over, It can be a struggle to actually finish him off however.

Cleared Devonshire and beat Wiktor in the very first attempt.... may be luck

Human - Cleric
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=50191

Troops
    3x Thunderfield Seer
    2x Adaptatron
    2x Righteous Paladin
    2x Protectorate Clergyman
    3x Ascetic Aspirant
    1x Cyclone Shaman
    2x Mistlord
    1x Neophyte Awakener
    1x Royal Diplomat
    2x Dream Eagle
    2x Saarthu

Spells
    3x Arcane Focus
    2x Shardcall
    3x Meek
    3x Repel
    1x Kiss of the Princess
    2x Solitary Exile
    1x Orders From High Command

Resources
    10x Diamond Shard
    10x Sapphire Shard
    4x Shard of Purpose

Deck can be enhanced for sure.
    IMO, most important concept to this dungeon is lifedrain. All encounters try to kill through direct damage (burning, cards in hand pinging 2 dmg, etc).
    Staying healthy is key as it buys turns to hit a solid win condition. I cannot imagine a deck without heavy lifedrain clearing Devonshire consistently tbh.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Hrinkell; 02-04-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Green warrior works pretty well here. The troops are tough enough (love those Ankylosauruses) to survive the burns that come throughout the dungeon and if there's a chlorophyll in your opening hand, you can kill the spitfire in your first turn before it becomes too much of an issue granted you have the 4 charge activation and the 3 damage battle.

Lucked out and got resource number six right before he was about to burn me to death and played my Eternal Guardian following a battle. Then clicked all those super toxins that give burn counters and laughed as I slowly killed him

Cleared Devonshire at Level 6 Coyotle Cleric with an all-Coyotle sapphire/wild bless-o-matic build based on recursion (Rhythmic Spiritualist and Cyclone Shaman). Takes a long time to play, but is surprisingly robust. Uses Time Ripple for dealing with the Spitfire Elemental but also has a few Quick troops that can be thrown down as surprise blockers.

I've had 2 perfect runs with a death draw deck that punishes Wiktor for drawing cards. With 2 Mindpyres and a Fiendish Cabalist out, the toxin that lets him draw 4 cards effectively reads, "draw two cards, deal 8 damage to Wiktor, and give your FC +4/+4." And possibly even, "10% chance you win“ if Regi's in the deck. Lots of fun.

I agree, Fiendish Cabalist is a stud vs. Wiktor. I stumbled upon that late last night after having severe struggles in Devonshire with my Mage.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrinkell View Post
    IMO, most important concept to this dungeon is lifedrain. All encounters try to kill through direct damage (burning, cards in hand pinging 2 dmg, etc).
    Staying healthy is key as it buys turns to hit a solid win condition. I cannot imagine a deck without heavy lifedrain clearing Devonshire consistently tbh.
    Totally agree with this statement. I've tried several decks here, but consistently find myself going with some form of life-drain - whether the source come from a Cleric Class, or Diamond Troops, or Blood Auras, or even Adaptatron's Chest equipment.

I've strayed from Wild, and am Cringing away from Ruby a bit here. I've found that Diamond/Sapphire/Blood have the cards I am looking for. I haven't finished the campaign yet with Elf, so I have not been restricted, so far..

Currently powering through with a Blood/Sapphire Vennen Cleric deck, but had a rough time at the Mindpyre guy with the +x/+x equal to opponents hand size (I derped hard twice). I think I made some bad plays, otherwise have a very solid deck. I'll post later, when I get a chance to attempt again.

I was having a rly hard time with elf warrior because wild does not have mnay or any removal for and Ruby i was losing the race almost all the time.

I ended up splashing blood anyways just for some one of lifedrain troops and more kill cards. In the end i beat him by using Mancubus on turn 2 and stealing the fire elemental on turn 3 =)

It was rly satisfying having his fire elemnatl on my side.

Ps, instead of killing the elemental if u can get Hunger of the mountain god ( with weapon eq) or Righteous paladin( with the trinket eq) on turn 2 you basicly won from there.