Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will this PVE Plant Deck Take Root?

Hybrid View

Will this PVE Plant Deck Take Root?

Stay, men and women, and read of my PVE Plant deck!

If you feel like you've outgrown your typical decks and want to branch out but feel stumped, here's a PVE Plant deck that'll provide relief:

Champion: Elf Cleric

Talents (in order of purchase): Hale, Healing Aura, Aura Aspect: Animation, Aura Aspect: Good Karma, The Righteous Path

2x The Ancestors' Chosen [Head: Crown of the Ancient Kings]
    3x Howling Brave
    2x Arcane Focus
    2x Briarpatch
    3x Briarpatch Conjuror [Trinket: Briarpatch Bracelet]
    2x Cerulean Mirror Knight
    3x Rhythmic Spiritualist [Feet: Spiritualist Sandals: When a troop enters your deck, that troop gets: "When this enters play, draw a card"]
    2x Wolsy Wabbit
    2x Rites of the Tranquil Dream
    2x Dreamsmoke Mystic
    3x Plant Garden
    3x Titania's Majesty (Flight Gem)
    1x Yesterday
    3x Balthasar
    2x Heart of the Wrathwood

4x Shard of Instinct
    13x Wild Shard
    8x Sapphire Shard

The inspiration for this deck sprouted from reading the description of Spiritualist Sandals. Seed my deck with cantripping Briar Legions? Yes. Draw an Ancestral Specter with "draw two cards" sporadically? Wow. That equip solves the thorniest problem of my previous Briar deck incarnation: too much sowing not enough reaping, making you feel like you're always pedaling uphill.

Another problem with Briar decks stems from their early tempo deficit due to weak low cost Troops and Constants that need to germinate. Having a guaranteed 3/3 for 3 (at Quick speed) in Soul Vessel ready to ambush an early rush really nips that problem in the bud.

Being able to reliably defend yourself from aggro allows you to cultivate your deck with Briarpatch Conjuror, Ancestors' Chosen, and Rhythmic Spiritualist until it truly blossoms. Use Dreamsmoke Mystic to prune your draw and Titania's Majesty, Arcane Focus, and Rites of the Tranquil Dream to both pluck Troops out of your deck AND to plant them back in, which triggers Rhythmic Spiritualist's equip ability.

My Elf Cleric's low level is soiling my opportunity to unleash this deck's full potential, but that won't erode my enthusiasm. Soon, my PVE Plant deck and I will embark upon an epic quest to farm all that PVE loot!
    Last edited by hitchslap88; 02-16-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Devoted Emissary
    This looks a lot of fun. I just hit max level on my elf cleric so I might give it a go once I've tidied up the last couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchslap88 View Post
    Stay, men and women, and read of my PVE Plant deck!

If you feel like you've outgrown your typical decks and want to branch out but feel stumped, here's a PVE Plant deck that'll provide relief:

Champion: Elf Cleric

Talents (in order of purchase): Hale, Healing Aura, Aura Aspect: Animation, Aura Aspect: Good Karma, Faith in Our Leader

2x The Ancestors' Chosen [Head: Crown of the Ancient Kings]
    3x Howling Brave
    2x Arcane Focus
    2x Briarpatch
    3x Briarpatch Conjuror [Trinket: Briarpatch Bracelet]
    2x Cerulean Mirror Knight
    3x Rhythmic Spiritualist [Feet: Spiritualist Sandals: When a troop enters your deck, that troop gets: "When this enters play, draw a card"]
    2x Wolsey Wabbit
    2x Rites of the Tranquil Dream
    2x Dreamsmoke Mystic
    3x Plant Garden
    3x Titania's Majesty (Flight Gem)
    1x Yesterday
    3x Balthasar
    2x Heart of the Wrathwood

4x Shard of Instinct
    13x Wild Shard
    8x Sapphire Shard

The inspiration for this deck sprouted from reading the description of Spiritualist Sandals. Seed my deck with cantripping Briar Legions? Yes. Draw an Ancestral Specter with "draw two cards" sporadically? Wow. That equip solves the thorniest problem of my previous Briar deck incarnation: too much sowing not enough reaping, making you feel like you're always pedaling uphill.

Another problem with Briar decks stems from their early tempo deficit due to weak low cost Troops and Constants that need to germinate. Having a guaranteed 3/3 for 3 (at Quick speed) in Soul Vessel ready to ambush an early rush really nips that problem in the bud.

Being able to reliably defend yourself from aggro allows you to cultivate your deck with Briarpatch Conjuror, Ancestors' Chosen, and Rhythmic Spiritualist until it truly blossoms. Use Dreamsmoke Mystic to prune your draw and Titania's Majesty, Arcane Focus, and Rites of the Tranquil Dream to both pluck Troops out of your deck AND to plant them back in, which triggers Rhythmic Spiritualist's equip ability.

My Elf Cleric's low level is soiling my opportunity to unleash this deck's full potential, but that won't erode my enthusiasm. Soon, my PVE Plant deck and I will embark upon an epic quest to farm all that PVE loot!
    Good lord.. The puns.. And not a single repeat.. Damn

Looks like a fun deck, gotta love the opportunities equipment adds to deckbuilding. Maybe you could make a plant buffalo deck, they got some fun equipment. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vengus View Post
    Good lord.. The puns.. And not a single repeat.. Damn
    You missed some

Master Theorycrafter
    You missed some
    Dang it. Please show me.

Also, deck looks super fun. What level do you need to reach in order to play 3x Wild Rare and 2x Wild Legendary?

Devoted Emissary
    You don't get 3 wild rare until level 8 as an elf.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroniss View Post
    You don't get 3 wild rare until level 8 as an elf.
    Cheers. Thanks for that. I hope I can find this post again when I finally get an elf to L8.

Master Theorycrafter
    im guessing you are claiming the pod from tempo deficit.
    Im assuming you aren't claiming the root in the title.

I would have liked to see a few forced puns though for the true pun aficionados unleaf instead of unleash would have made me particularly happy but i also feel like there is supposed to be a pun in that area already and I am missing it.
    Last edited by Malicus; 02-03-2016 at 11:40 PM.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicus View Post
    im guessing you are claiming the pod from tempo deficit.
    Im assuming you aren't claiming the root in the title.

I would have liked to see a few forced puns though for the true pun aficionados unleaf instead of unleash would have made me particularly happy but i also feel like there is supposed to be a pun in that area already and I am missing it.
    I didn't see pod there, no. And no, not the "Root" from the title either. The thought of using forced puns arose but decided against it Still two more to find. One I consider fairly easy to see. The other is going to be challenging.

The thought of using forced puns arose but decided against it Still two more to find. One I consider fairly easy to see..
    A rose? you silly billy, still at it I see