Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PvE -> trying PvP as F2P

Constructed will become more f2p with the ladder if with a good matchmaking system.
    But climbing on top of the ladder will be virtually unreachable without cash. But that's fine Imho. But we need rotation's rules asap ! I want to spend money on that game !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    This is the kind of topic that makes me sad.
    The lack of a a clear "how to do" in game about all the possibility of the game and its economy make it really difficult to understand for new players.
    Many players give up immediatly or they take the wrong way at the start and lose heart quikly because of their wrong choice...

Drop the beta tag seems to soon without a much more complete tutorial and a better communication toward new players...
    tell me a single mmo that makes a comprehensive tutorial of how you can play their game without paying them a cent...I can't think of even 1 game that does that.

These methods for playing without paying are up to the players themselves. It is certainly possible, and the best way right now to do it in hex is just as xen explained above. It is not at all up to the company that makes the game to explain how to circumvent its in game shop or how to avoid paying them a dime. If a player can not figure this out on their own they are free to ask the community for help, just like the OP did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinane View Post
    In my context it would mean playing an occasional PvP (maybe once/week) match without an expectation to have that self-sustained via winning tournaments. The idea would obviously be to play for the cards gained by the initial draft, while any loot from winning would be icing on the cake.

Realistically I'd expect to have that after about 10-20h of PvE play per entry - which doesn't seem manageable at this point.
    right now you can get 1 platinum per 110 gold. it will take a bit of farming (or a nice experienced player to donate some cards to you) but you can make a good orc or dwarf/robot deck on the cheap to do speed runs on the frost ring arena to earn ~6k gold per ~1 hour run. That is $0.54 per hour. that means you can get enough for a draft after about 11 hours.
    Last edited by sukebe; 02-05-2016 at 02:39 PM.

The Transcended
    Also, as someone else said, once you do your first draft, you can recycle the cards and prizes to the AH to make the next draft cheaper. If you get good enough at it, you can stop farming Arena and just play drafts all day.

i spent only 35€ in the game 9 months ago and i have done more than 100 draft et opened more than 400 booster packs. It's like more than 700€... and i have nearly 30 000 plat saved.
    I did very few arena run maybe 20 and the gold earned is just for spinning chest. But 35€ it's like doing 60/70 arena runs, 60 hours of farm. Quit doable.

The game rewards skill more than time spending. Not like CCG f2p

Becoming constructed player is a other story but i'm certain their are players out there who reach a point where they went infinite in construct too.
    Last edited by Gregangel; 02-05-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    tell me a single mmo that makes a comprehensive tutorial of how you can play their game without paying them a cent...I can't think of even 1 game that does that.
    Fair point but in game they even don't explain what is gauntlet, never the difference between competitif draft and suisse draft. They don't even say which pack you must buy to play limited tournament.
    Imagine a newsbie buying 30 $ of set 1 booster and learn after that it can play no draft with that. Or the one who buy set 3 packs but open all his pack right away because the game never explains how tournament works !

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    I think, this will not make a difference for HexEnt. If someone just farms PVE and convert this to PVP stuff, still someone has to buy this PVP stuff from HexEnt. So in the end, it doesnt matter for them, if you buy it for real money or not.

Creator of shareyourdraft.com / Forum thread IGN: dBug Twitch: dBug404

It is possible. I am one of does players. I started as f2p in does days there was only arena. In average you were needed to do 3 arenas runs for 1 draft. I was buying Packs from AH and I was denied myself PRIMAL PROC chance with less costing packs.

Now you have PVE and Arena to work with. 1 Xocoy is selling around 200p you can pick up value there too. PVE cards from arena are selling 2,3 cards per 5 days for 30~p. Gold value atm is good if you are seller and is going to get down.

You can sell Adventure packs and even open them if you get lucky and get expensive equipment profit there. Some goes ~500p.

There is that surviving round 1 in drafts that is mine goal when ever I enter draft. Rare draft is a thing too, not really in set 3, was in 2/2/1.

All in all, it is possible. You are quite far from Vampire kings, but wintermoon/benvolio/rubby agroo decks are in your reach really fast.

Its important to educate yourself how to draft, witch I suggest streams, and learning archetypes.

There is no really a bad streamer, some joke a bit more, and dont do serious drafts, but even when watching them, if you ask right questions, your learning curve will be on track.

Getting packs from official @HEXTCG and other streamer prizes is a thing too.

For me, biggest problem was that first 1000p and first 10 packs. after that, its not that a big deal. I suggest not to go in drafts till you accumulate a bit of resources, bc of mental thing!

Best of luck, Jakisha!

Thanks for sharing, Jakisha.

Quote Originally Posted by jakishaFU View Post
    It is possible. I am one of does players. I started as f2p in does days there was only arena. In average you were needed to do 3 arenas runs for 1 draft. I was buying Packs from AH and I was denied myself PRIMAL PROC chance with less costing packs.
    ... and now you'd need to do 3 full arena runs for one single pack. Which is about 11 full runs for a single draft. For a f2p player that has been given a bunch of charity already, that will be about 20hrs for a single draft. More likely, for a new f2p with only campaign cards, it'll be a lot, lot more.

Now you have PVE and Arena to work with. 1 Xocoy is selling around 200p you can pick up value there too. PVE cards from arena are selling 2,3 cards per 5 days for 30~p. Gold value atm is good if you are seller and is going to get down.
    All that together works out to give you another 500g/run... not worth mentioning. Funnily, you dont mention Uru, which despite the low chance, actually averages out to an extra 1k+ per run.

You can sell Adventure packs and even open them if you get lucky and get expensive equipment profit there. Some goes ~500p.
    Nope. First month of each release maybe... but there isn't much value in grinding pve campaign atm, and what IS there will be gone in short order due to the plummeting prices of those cards. There is a reason people are telling new f2p'ers to go to arena instead of campaign.

All that said, I'm not against what you're trying to say. I just take offense to all the "Just go earn $1/hr in arena!" mentality that certain sections of the community spout. This just isn't reasonable for a new f2p player... and it becomes less reasonable the more people pve and the lower gold value gets. Earning your way to pvp content as f2p is FAR more time consuming than people say; and the way in which it is presented is quite offputting for those coming from other games. If you truly want to grow this game and community you need to approach this aspect with understanding rather than elitism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugg View Post
    All that said, I'm not against what you're trying to say. I just take offense to all the "Just go earn $1/hr in arena!" mentality that certain sections of the community spout. This just isn't reasonable for a new f2p player... and it becomes less reasonable the more people pve and the lower gold value gets. Earning your way to pvp content as f2p is FAR more time consuming than people say; and the way in which it is presented is quite offputting for those coming from other games. If you truly want to grow this game and community you need to approach this aspect with understanding rather than elitism.
    Understanding of what a F2P player wants, or understanding as to what F2P player actually needs to do?
    This isn't league of legends.
    They aren't going to get the same access and same boxed experience everytime.
    If you think of cards like owning champions in LOL, and you think of Platinum paid tournament play as level 30 ranked in LOL. Maybe that's the best way to look at HEX in terms of f2p hamster wheel other games display.