Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bugged cards, and not being in beta anymore

bugged cards, and not being in beta anymore

so one of the annoying parts of Hex is when cards don't work

i didn't really complain about it in beta other than reporting bugs from time to time (because it's fine to be beta testers during a beta, and the ticket/compensation policy was fair), but if game isn't considered beta anymore i think it becomes more important for all the cards to work

and if that can't be fixed promptly, maybe post a list of bugged cards or remove them from the draft/sealed pool when a tournament with those cards is happening

I agree Biz, but what are we gonna do?
    I hope their team is a lot quicker on their feet to de-kink the games bugs. It's very frustrating as a player, despite understanding the overwhelming list of interactions the game currently has included, and how that list keeps growing.

There are always bug is software. How many years has MS Word been around, and there are still issues.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    There are always bug is software. How many years has MS Word been around, and there are still issues.
    Very true. The hope, though, is that we start to see weekly patches for bug fixes. Even if "there are always bugs" we still want to see them being systematically and quickly squashed.

As much as I would love to say that we'll be bug-free with every update, the reality of the situation is there is no video game out there (whatsoever) that doesn't have some form of bug in it. Granted, larger game-breaking bugs that are discovered are given priority for fixing, but there is no way we can have anything bug-free.
    -Phenteo, Former Community Manager and Egg Giver
    Twitter: @CM_Phenteo | @HEXTCG

"It's polite to say thank you when someone gives you a gift, human." -Phenteo

Quote Originally Posted by Phenteo View Post
    As much as I would love to say that we'll be bug-free with every update, the reality of the situation is there is no video game out there (whatsoever) that doesn't have some form of bug in it. Granted, larger game-breaking bugs that are discovered are given priority for fixing, but there is no way we can have anything bug-free.
    Cmon phen, these are cards we are talking about. Imagine buying a chess program where everything worked properly except Rooks could only move in 3 of the 4 directions, and you write the developers to complain and they say 'sorry bro every game has SOME bugs'. I mean the fact that the game has bugs fine, I dont think anyone here is suggesting every update should be bug free. But a weekly update even fixing 1 or 2 cards at a time cant be that hard can it? (Ok I have a programming background, it can be a B**** I know, but my point stands)

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    Cmon phen, these are cards we are talking about. Imagine buying a chess program where everything worked properly except Rooks could only move in 3 of the 4 directions, and you write the developers to complain and they say 'sorry bro every game has SOME bugs'. I mean the fact that the game has bugs fine, I dont think anyone here is suggesting every update should be bug free. But a weekly update even fixing 1 or 2 cards at a time cant be that hard can it? (Ok I have a programming background, it can be a B**** I know, but my point stands)
    This is assuming of course the code is fully tested and what fixes one card doesn't break 3 others sure....

i'm not saying the game must be bug-free
    i'm just wondering whether card bugs are still going to be potentially unaddressed for months or years

and i'm talking about the more straightforward unambiguous interactions, not the really complex and possibly subjective stuff that needs multiple experts to interpret & decipher (eg. resolution order of conflicting end of turn effects)

like crown of the primals not reverting correctly or 'you may play this for free' with X-cost cards

even a statement that something won't be fixed in the near future would be helpful for those of us who make decks or buy cards from the AH (so that we know what to avoid)

I stopped playing for a few months, and while part of that was just due to boredom with limited, i got really frustrated with the amount of bugs in the game, two of the big ones of which you just mentioned (free X spells and crown of primals). I agree, if the game is going live, there's no excuse for stuff just remaining bugged for months / years on end.

Edit: Also, yeah its super frustrating when you pay with platinum / real money for a card like Crown of Primals / fun X spells, only to start experimenting with them and find out that the interactions are bugged. Pretty much kills all of your enthusiasm to experiment and deck build.
    Last edited by Brjuntinaar; 02-05-2016 at 12:48 AM.

It is still a beta, and will be for a while.

Quoth Cory Jones: One of the first things you may have noticed is that we dropped the beta tag from the game. “Why drop it now?” you may be asking. Clearly we have been hanging on to the term “beta” in reference to the feature list presented in the Kickstarter, and until all that content was delivered we were going to keep calling the game a beta. That was the specific reason we kept the title this long, but the reality is the beta tag is hurting our ability to attract new players.

If someone rips the tag off the oranges at the store, they're not grapes.
    PvE Hex - At long last!