Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could you make The Atom more viable?

Gaining a card from the destroyed pile you're usually gaining cards that other players intentionally destroyed and no longer want; i.e not terribly useful. The Atom could be made more viable with cards that destroyed a random card in a foe's hand, a random card in their discard pile or the top card of their deck.

Atom is cost 1 for a reason. In competitive play it lets you cycle a 0 cost weakness or vulnerability for a punch, or a kick for something else 3 cost that is more useful. The real benefit is in Crisis mode where it lets you turn in cards for something in the destroyed pile that you need to beat the Crisis.

Not only that, but The Atom is a fantastic card in a Forever Evil/Crisis 2 competitive game, or any game of Watchmen. It's easily one of my favorite cards in any game.

Atom is a very well designed card. I don't see the issue

keep in mind also that villians make players destroy cards as well
    http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c912...es/1075574.jpg

When you are behind and you get this

If you can do some fancy finagling, you can end up with Atom and White Lantern Corps in the same hand, which helps with getting some pretty good stuff in Crisis Mode.

Ahh, Atom and White Lantern Corps - right up there in pairings with Red Lantern Power Ring, or Secret Society Communicator...

I was playing the other day (custom main deck) and I used The Atom to exchange Starro for a Firestorm Matrix (which my friend had used), and then the Tandem Engine (Street Fighter) for the same Firestorm Matrix after I used it the first time.

Felt really cool to do that.

Of course, it was just the two of us. With more players, I'm not as sure I would have done the same thing

But, so far as I know, he's the only way to get Equipment and Super Powers that cost 6 or more out of the destroyed pile. (Non-crisis)

Quote Originally Posted by Carthain View Post
    I was playing the other day (custom main deck) and I used The Atom to exchange Starro for a Firestorm Matrix (which my friend had used), and then the Tandem Engine (Street Fighter) for the same Firestorm Matrix after I used it the first time.

Felt really cool to do that.

Of course, it was just the two of us. With more players, I'm not as sure I would have done the same thing

But, so far as I know, he's the only way to get Equipment and Super Powers that cost 6 or more out of the destroyed pile. (Non-crisis)
    There's a location (New York City) that allows you to buy from the destroyed pile by destroying the top card of the main deck. Other than that I believe there are no other cards that do that

My new favorite location - New York City from the Watchmen set