Thread: A not so cheap Elf Warrior Deck

A not so cheap Elf Warrior Deck

I've been having fun messing around with different cards. This one hits the spot. There's some fairly expensive cards in here though. The site puts the regular version at $62 and the AA one at $130.

Expensive AA Version
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=50416

Cheaper Non AA Version
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=50498

Level 9 Talent Tree
    http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/talents/#R...Vmamtsb3BxcnM=

Once the level cap is raised to at least 15, A Taste of the Finer things can be used in place of Fury if you want the extra health. Or you can start with 4 charges!

The rest of the Talents are self explanatory. I like all the Warlord buffs as they make your charge power versatile. Plus War Machine will ramp up really quickly.

Training: Combat is the final nice little perk to have as it's the only thing you can buy with 1 point with the level 9 cap.

This deck is still a work in progress, but it's a fairly good Elf Warrior deck right now.

Prospero adds about $26 to this deck, so you can make this deck for <$40 if you don't want to include her. I still need to find a good replacement as her ability + Equipment makes for a fast game.

I switch between Arena Regular and Highlands Blackbelt depending on the need of the battle. Both are Warriors so they fit the theme perfectly. Arena Regular is more if you want to finish the game quicker. This deck has 13 warriors in it, so she'll deal damage constantly to the AI. When you add in the helmet, you can get 7 damage in a single turn just by playing cards. (1 for a resource. 1 For Playing a Warrior. 2 for using the charge ability. 3 for the charge ability). If you have a transformed Te'talca, then everything doubles. The AI will tend to target Arena Regular frequently due to the amount of damage it can output.

Highlands Blackbelt is more for board control if you need that extra removal. If you choose Blackbelt over Arena Regular, be sure to switch the helmet slot to Actor's Cap on Periwinkle. This allows you to search your deck for your big minions quicker. You have 14 5+ cost cards in this deck, so Periwinkle will most likely hit something. Only card you have to worry about copying is Te'Talca as she's the only Unique 5+ cost card.

Howling Brave is the best 1 drop for this deck. You can get out a 5 drop on turn 2 or a 6 or 7 drop on turn 3 if you hit your curve perfectly. Choosing the talent that starts you off with 2 charges is a must here. You may lose health, but Elf already starts with high health, so you're still at 24 when the game starts.

Burn + Conflagration Handguards - 3 damage for 1 resource will clear most troops.

Wild Growth + FeralMaul - +3/+3 with Crush is nice. Plus it puts itself back into the deck for future use. Always a plus. If you want more charges to go along with Arena Regular, this can be substituted with Crackling Sprout. If you switch to that, no other card in this deck has a weapon slot.

Mentor of Oakhenge - Warrior + Big Troop Searcher

Ruby Aura - This one is a cheap inclusion because the AI hardly expects swiftstrike.

Periwinkle - Doubling all your 5+ drops = awesome.

Warrior of Andronicus - Warrior + a one shot buff to catch the AI off guard.

Te'talca - Warrior + Her ability is a good removal. Once she transforms, you will most likely end the game the next turn. Getting 6 damage from your charge power is amazing.

Temptestuous Bladedancer - Warrior + a beefy body that can take advantage of the 3 buff card types in this deck (2 if you don't have Prospero)

Titania's Majesty - Not required, but really nice to have. You can sub this out for another 5+ Troop. But when you play this with Periwinkle out, there's hardly a downside to it. Worst case scenario is you whiff your turn. But it'll unlikely be your downfall. If you don't like leaving it up to chance, drop it for something more consistent. But hitting a Rootfather usually ends the game there as you'll deal 8 damage on the spot, plus at least 17 more from Rootfather's socketed gems if you have another ready troop.

Rotroot Enchanter - This may look like an odd choice, but with the abundance of fliers, I've found this one very useful. Plus steadfast creatures are some of the best especially with the buffs in this deck.

Eternal Drifter + Mantle of Silent Purpose + Drifter's Lament - Getting +2 charge when you draw him helps your ramp even better if the game drags on a bit. That also gives him more uses of his ability. The other equipment allows you to cycle through other charge abilities until you find one you like.

Ashwood Colossus - I only have 1 of him right now. You can place more of him if you like. All the abilities he grabs are great.

Arboreon Rootfather - This is a staple in this deck. If you're patient you can usually get him out by turn 4. He can also be a cantrip for 2 if you are in need of a different answer.
    Last edited by darkwonders; 02-05-2016 at 08:17 AM.
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Does part of that cost come from things being alternate art and extended art? Doesn't look that expensive to me! $50 maybe. Not that that is so cheap either. Deck looks good. I will make some swaps for things I don't have like Prospero and give it a go. I think folks could probably use of this as a guide and make their own budget friendly one if they didn't have some of these.

Yeah I deliberately put in AA cards cause I had them. I should make a semi budget friendly one.

Problem is Prospero is really good in this deck. When you add in the draw equipment, you can burn through your deck rather quickly.
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Too few decks refuse to include bomb cards (such like Prospero) if they fit their shards.

AA fake the real price... I don't get the point about doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Hrinkell View Post
    Too few decks refuse to include bomb cards (such like Prospero) if they fit their shards.

AA fake the real price... I don't get the point about doing it
    Cause it was fun. I'm updating a new deck to not include them. But it does include Prospero because she's a really good fit to this deck. A free +2/+2 buff every turn, plus with the equipment, it's a cantrip.
    ---------

----------