Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human cleric; Mono diamond

Rigid Buffalo

Mono diamond lifegain (Human/Coyotle)

There's two races this deck can be played with, Human and Coyotle, ideally the best race is Coyotle due to having more uncommons.

Human

The deck: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=54...6841c29cfd7647

Talents:
    Affinity: Cleric
    The Righteous Path
    Unlock: Divine Altar
    Hale
    Healing Aura
    Aura Aspect: Good Karma

Coyotle:

The deck: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=28...8789e7264b5a97

Talents:

Affinity: Cleric
    The Righteous Path
    Unlock: Divine Altar
    Hale
    Healing Aura
    Aura Aspect: Good Karma
    Enhance Blessing: Life Essence

Ethereal Healer(Ethereal Coated Boots): Ethereal Healer is interesting, It's quite easily obtainable, unlike the equipment. But you can get her out on turn 1 for free due to her own ability(need equipment for this to work). It's hard to lose a game when you've got a 3/2 with lifedrain and steadfast on turn 1 which can immediately attack and defend, especially when there's a possibility you can have them both out on turn one, or you can get the other one to dig for your second one. 5% chance isn't great, however with the amount of lifedrain this deck puts out and the amount of times she actually does comes out, it makes her insanely good. You can even trade her with another troop and bring her back later in the game. A very flexible card and irreplaceable for this deck.

Righteous Paladin(Sigil of Grace): With equipment you can snowball quite quickly, the last two fights in Devonshire can pretty much be carried by Righteous Paladin alone because the 1 damage effect procs his +1/+1. The amount of health you obtain in the deck can constantly make him the best troop on the board and he has two different ways to dig for Ethereal Healer. The one concern is getting removed early by a cheap removal like burn.

Blinding Light: This quick action is the decks best action, it can force bad trades on both sides of the board and make you come out on top almost every single time. Most of the troops have lifedrain so even if they don't get destroy the troop you're blocking or attacking into, at least you're searching for Ethereal Healer or burning combat tricks from your enemy. It's especially good against Chained Goliath, get a decent board state, when he reaches 25 health and uses his board wipe, blinding light, he's now just a regular swarm deck.

Adaptatron(Cog of the Machine): Get dazed by a Rot Touch Ghoul? his one shot abilities are immune to it. This is just a small reason why he's such a power house. Being able to use a combat trick without using a card is extremely powerful, especially when the AI never predicts it. Personally I believe he's the best PVE card and since with gear he can gain lifedrain for 0 cost, he's an obvious choice for this kind of deck.

Living Totem(Helm of Many Faces): Due to the deck taking advantage of Ethereal Coated Boots, Living Totem boot effect isn't present in this deck, making it much less appealing compared to Adaptatron, however he's still quite amazing in the same sense. The annoyance is that he cannot readily get lifedrain so easily making him slower and in a lot of ways goes against the decks goal. But his upside is hard to ignore.

Droo's Colossal: The deck has steadfast so bringing him out on turn 5 is amazing for keeping board control and taking advantage of something this deck lacks, crush. You can negate a lot of his downsides and while he doesn't have lifedrain immediately like Living Totem, It's hard to ignore the power for his cost.

Invirrograting Breeze: +2/+2 for 2 cost isn't bad, but gaining 2 health is quite big for this deck, buffing righteous paladin, winning favorable trades and even dig for Ethereal Healer. There really isn't much to say about this card other than it works well for what this deck wants to do.

Adamanthian Scrivener(Ink-Stained Gloves): Solid 1 drop which this deck lacks, It works well with Ethereal Healer and Righteous Paladin, the more important cards.

Protectorate Clergyman: Nothing special, can be easily removed by a cheap cost removal. But he's a Cleric, which can not only bring Ethereal Healers out but buff them also.

Legionnaire of Adamanth: Overall not very exciting, 3/3 for 3, cannot really use any of the equipment and the only real benefit is that he's a cleric which benefits from lifedrain.

Spearcliff Cloud Knight: While It's good and effective, It's not a cleric and weak against low coast removal. It also loses the benefit of having steadfast because It's already talented for. Overall not exciting in this deck, even if it does have lifedrain. Issue is that it still makes the grade because of lack of mono diamond choices.

Repel/Solitary Exile/Inner Conflict/Meek: Solid removal, the deck has issues against decks that swarm, it delays the game by a lot. With these you can also survive the early game which later in Devonshire, it can be a real problem having turn 1 Rot Touch Ghoul and you didn't draw/mulligan the right cards.

Legendaries:

Note: Legendaries in this deck aren't required, nor are they the most expensive legendaries out there but are still quite valuable to the deck.

His Majesty, King Gabriel: He's technically a 4/4 with invincible because the AI focuses him and if boldheart survives he doesn't take damage, making him great for wittling down troops on the opponents board. With Boldheart, he can end games quite easily.

Ozawa: With Ozawa's bite, he's worth using. He generally never makes it into play but I think having one with the equipment is still worth having.

Angel of Dawn: Just a flyer that the deck doesn't initially have that could come out for free.
    Last edited by Ben; 02-15-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Updating

Decklist at hex.tcgbrowser is private

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrinkell View Post
    Decklist at hex.tcgbrowser is private
    Seems to be public.

Thanks for the decklist, looks good.

You say ethereal healer is easily available, what does that mean?

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Thanks for the decklist, looks good.

You say ethereal healer is easily available, what does that mean?
    You get it quite early in the PVE content, so It's not really hard to get.

When i saw Etheral healer equipment i thought it would def be very good addition too. Like u said, the amount of healing cleric has makes it 5% seem trivial especially if you run 4 of it in end game.

What do u think about King Lodegan's call(with the leg equipment) for a cleric deck?

To me a 5 mana for 4 random spirits seem very good. it only gets better the more mana you have and can be a safety net if u keep losing all ur troops for some reason.

You're really underselling how insanely good Legionnaire of Adamanth with equipment is. Giving your entire board +1/+1 whenever a cleric is inspired gets out of control real fast, especially since you have the Altar of Faith anyway. Drop the Totems and legendaries and add in 3x Kraken Guard Seapriest and a mix of 3x Princess Victoria and Shield Trainer and watch as your entire deck turns into pseudo-Righteous Paladins.

Also, for the record, Coyotle Cleric does this same thing better because you have a better shard grid for it (3 uncommons instead of 3 rares when you're not really using the 3rd rare and would really like the 3rd uncommon for several cards).

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    You're really underselling how insanely good Legionnaire of Adamanth with equipment is. Giving your entire board +1/+1 whenever a cleric is inspired gets out of control real fast, especially since you have the Altar of Faith anyway. Drop the Totems and legendaries and add in 3x Kraken Guard Seapriest and a mix of 3x Princess Victoria and Shield Trainer and watch as your entire deck turns into pseudo-Righteous Paladins.

Also, for the record, Coyotle Cleric does this same thing better because you have a better shard grid for it (3 uncommons instead of 3 rares when you're not really using the 3rd rare and would really like the 3rd uncommon for several cards).
    I want absolutely none of those inspires, If I was to actually jump on board with the Legionnaire of Adamanth equipment, I'd go diamond/sapphire.

As for Coyotle Cleric, you're right about that. Having more uncommons will help quite a lot.

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    When i saw Etheral healer equipment i thought it would def be very good addition too. Like u said, the amount of healing cleric has makes it 5% seem trivial especially if you run 4 of it in end game.

What do u think about King Lodegan's call(with the leg equipment) for a cleric deck?

To me a 5 mana for 4 random spirits seem very good. it only gets better the more mana you have and can be a safety net if u keep losing all ur troops for some reason.
    Deck edited to make it better, coyotle is the better race to choose, seeing how you can have another righteous priest and another Ethereal Healer as well.

As for King Lodegan's Call, I had to test it out before I replied, It could be a nice finisher, however paying 4 resources for one spirit isn't that great and adaptatron chest cannot really be replaced. It's nice getting Soul of Raqqar from it i must say, but it can be just pure RNG.

I play a mono diamond, many of the same troops (a few different) and a smattering of combat tricks like stoneskin and repel etc.

I love mono diamond though.

Considered Holy Ascension?