Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: burning zombie thingie mechanics

burning zombie thingie mechanics

I'm currently in the Tomb of the Rose Knights (with my lvl 6 human warrior) and struggling a bit. After several tries I managed to improve my deck (made it faster by adding more early drops) so I can normally beat most of the first encounters (inlcuding Thorn Knight) but that burning, chained ghul or whatever it's called is a bit rough. Maybe my deck just needs a bit more tweaking, but most of all I have the feeling that I don't quite understand the mechanic.

How does he gain charges and what makes him actually "explode"?

He gains a charge per turn while chained, and transforms on his first turn at 25 or less health (where he automatically plays the boardwipe draw card.) Depending on your shards, you could shut him down entirely with Drowned Shrine and possibly Blinding Light.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

He 'explode' at the beginning of his turn if he has less than 25 hp. I think he gain charges based on the number of turns played.

Oh okay, thanks. Yeah, I just put Blinding Light in my deck. So bring him down to 25 asap while wasting as few troops as possible I guess …? After that Heat Wave might be useful (assuming my troops with low defense are probably gone anyway). Maybe Starshield? Or Stinging Ambush for those weenies (might be wasted in some other fights though)?
    Last edited by Ogodei; 02-05-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Kinda the opposite really. Dont attack him at all unless he is about to transform. get as many troops on the board as possile, and try to finish him off in one attak. (will require 25-28 dmg) I believe is most peoples strat

Right – good point lol. Thanks mate.

If you have the card Deathless Guardian, use it.

The damage to both champions effect checks for the guardian's reduction, and then deals damage. So with one guardian out is does 0-2 damage, two guardians it does 0-1 damage, and three guardians it does nothing. Its very easy to get to turn 7+ with the Goliath still above 30 life. Then just one big swing to win.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
    If you have the card Deathless Guardian, use it.

The damage to both champions effect checks for the guardian's reduction, and then deals damage. So with one guardian out is does 0-2 damage, two guardians it does 0-1 damage, and three guardians it does nothing. Its very easy to get to turn 7+ with the Goliath still above 30 life. Then just one big swing to win.
    To add onto this point, the equipment for Deathless Guardian also prevents all non-combat damage dealt to wariors you control. I used this in combination with a bunch of diamond/sapphire warriors to have a defense ready when he transformed.

I happened to have Ushul on the board tonight when the big guy cast his board wipe/draw. The wipe killed Ushul, but not before he initiated creation of 6 or 7 spiderspawn based on the number of creatures opponent drew. These spiderspawn made the next few turns a lot easier to say the least - seems to be a valid strategy against that guy as he's pretty much always going to draw some creatures as part of that spell.

I ended up beating him with Diamond/Wild ramp into Ozawa with a Titania's Majesty down...not the most efficient way of course, but If you're having trouble with getting enough troops down to do about 25 damage in one turn before he wipes...than this might be a way for you to go...You could also probably do Wild/Ruby with Titania and Rootfather (between the damage gem and the temporary +stats gem with speed) Puck is great for getting down heavy hitters.