Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    What about pilots that have an upgrade in the series such as Kamile Bidan to the Zeta Gundam, Heero Yuuy to the Wing Zero, Domon Kasshu to the Burning Gundam, so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by czs716 View Post
    So, oversized Pilot Cards... and each players deck starts out with a Mobile Suit that corresponds to the oversize pilot they have in addition to the combination of Punch/vulnerability equivalent cards.
    I'm digging this.

@ czs716 how would you handle pilots who get upgraded suits vs ones that don't

There is a 0% chance of a Queen's Blade DBG but I would want one. Might have to make them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking01 View Post
    @ czs716 how would you handle pilots who get upgraded suits vs ones that don't
    Hmm..... that's a tough one. I guess to be fair, all Pilots would need to be able to at least get some kind of upgrade, even if not necessarily to another mobile suit. A few thoughts come to mind, but some change the game setup quite a bit.

First idea:
    Each pilot has two corresponding suits. One gets put in your starting deck, and the other gets put under your pilot card. There is a condition on your pilot card, and once met, you destroy your original suit the next time it is drawn or if it is in your discard pile, and you gain the upgraded suit from under your pilot.

Second:
    There could be a variation of the hidden objective where conditions must be met, and once met you reveal it and the front is a standard mobile suit card (I guess ms would be equipment? or would it be a new card type?), but has the conditions on the bottom half, and once flipped becomes an ongoing. Example: "Zeta Gundam" Card Text: Ongoing........., Conditions: ....... If all conditions are met, reveal this card and keep it in play in front of you.

Third:
    The upgraded suits go into the main deck. They have specific text like "If your oversize pilot is Amuro Ray, then +3 power. Otherwise, +1 power". All have different abilities, but basic text is, if your oversize pilot is x, then x.

Just a couple ideas. Maybe just have the most well known suit. Or the upgraded suits are like "crisis" versions. Idk, I also feel like if you have a new stack of upgrades from the start, it would just be too much.

Maybe some sort of hp thing that once the suit is damaged enough that you can upgrade or something

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking01 View Post
    Maybe some sort of hp thing that once the suit is damaged enough that you can upgrade or something
    Damage tokens rather than victory tokens? Each player starts out with the same amount and attack/defense comes into play. But if the suits are better then that would make you sort of want to get attacked or whatever.

Maybe upgrade tokens.. Once you gain enough upgrade tokens, you can spend them on gaining the upgraded suit from under your pilot. They could also double as a carry over power so you could cash them in and spend them as power.

Adapt the Versus system by reversing it. Include multiple oversize cards for each pilot. When a player meets a certain requirement, they upgrade suits by changing to the better suit.

Ships, equipment, different colonies from the different era, the possibilities are endless especially if they can work something out to get Code Geass included as well.

Since SEGA will probably never get its own mascot fighting game like Smash Brothers or Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
    I'll nominate the SEGA DBG.
    Heroes could inclue Sonic the Hedgehog, Gulius Thunderhead or Tyris Flare from the Golden Axe series, the ninja from the Shinobi series, Vector Man,. Ecco the dolphin. etc

Plenty of super powers, equipment, locations and villains for several releases of the game.