Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Wish license for next deck building game

Who else would love to see a transformers deck building game? Think of all the Autobots and Decepticons that could be used for multiple itterations. Soundwave, sludge, swoop and the use of transforming to play a factor would be awesome. So please at least think about it

not sure if it would work well in the cerberus engine, but I'd love to see a Mortal Kombat "deck-building" game.

You could totally play Mortal Kombat (or any PvP Fight VG) as a Confrontations/Rivals-based game. I'm running a home-brew of these rules at Gen Con this year using Injustice: Gods Among Us and Injustice II as the theme. Play tested pretty well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by misoby View Post
    Who else would love to see a transformers deck building game? Think of all the Autobots and Decepticons that could be used for multiple itterations. Soundwave, sludge, swoop and the use of transforming to play a factor would be awesome. So please at least think about it
    This would go on my shelf at any price. So much flavor, I would love to have this happen.

Power Rangers. Starting with season 1.

Mass Effect. For the Cerberus meta-ness of it all.

Ghostbusters. Spanning EVERYTHING. Original, Real, Extreme and the reboot (after we know the reboot is good on course).

TMNT. Not the Michael Bay garbage though. Just... no.

Muppets. I can't explain why, but Muppets!

James Bond. There's lot of material to work with. Superpowers would have to change "plots," "plans" or something similar, but the rest could stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    Power Rangers. Starting with season 1.

Mass Effect. For the Cerberus meta-ness of it all.

Ghostbusters. Spanning EVERYTHING. Original, Real, Extreme and the reboot (after we know the reboot is good on course).

TMNT. Not the Michael Bay garbage though. Just... no.

Muppets. I can't explain why, but Muppets!

James Bond. There's lot of material to work with. Superpowers would have to change "plots," "plans" or something similar, but the rest could stay the same.
    I used to play the old James Bond ccg. Going by that...

heroes = allies/Bond girls. Various aspects of Bond himself. Sauve Bond, driving Bond, combat Bond, stealth Bond, etc.
    villains = henchmen
    equipment = gadgets
    super powers = intrigue
    locations = exotic locales

super villains = maybe a villain/plot hybrid.

The ccg was mainly icon based, and I'd like to see that implemented into a dbg.
    Last edited by midnight_rider; 02-16-2016 at 10:52 AM.

I agree with TMNT completely, but don't really see the others translating well. (Okay, Power Rangers would work, granted. I'm not a fan, though.) The feel for some of those is just wrong. I am a big James Bond fan, but who would you play as besides Bond? I would not shun a James Bond DBG in the Cerberus engine, I just don't think it's viable.

Obviously other comic companies would work. Wildstorm seems very plausible as it is a DC property. Marvel is probably a long way off, but maybe Image or Dark Horse would be on board?

Stretching out, I think Nintendo would have a large pool to work with. Talking elements from Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Pokemon would give designers plenty to work with. Star Wars is a popular franchise and one that would translate very well, but I don't think they would sign on. They'd probably just prefer to make their own DBG.

I'm hoping that the Cartoon Network edition is a success so that other companies would give Cryptozoic consideration.

Legend of Zelda would be another pipe dream Cerberous for me.

Although I'm not a Pokemon fan, I know it would sell like crazy if they were able to get abold of the license. Personally I would enjoy a
    - Dragonball Z
    - Magic the Gathering
    - Atack on Titan

As for the DC universe, I really want a set to focus on under used characters like Harper Roe, Red Hood, Arsenal, and other justice league characters

Wish granted!
    We announced an Attack on Titan Deck-building Game this past weekend at New York Toy Fair...
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D