Thread: How big is the DL and how much data does playing use?

Hybrid View

How big is the DL and how much data does playing use?

I have a friend with limited DL availablilty each month.

How big is the initial install DL?

Anyone happen to know if Hex uses much bandwidth for just routine day to day play?

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Losse View Post

Anyone happen to know if Hex uses much bandwidth for just routine day to day play?
    Bandwidth for play is tiny. I can't say how much exactly, but I've tethered my phone before and monitored and it was a very low amount. This was before the PvE campaign, so it may have changed, but I doubt it. Best bet is to just check as you play for 10 minutes and monitor usage.

As for the download, it's somewhere in the 2-3gb region I believe. I'm sure someone else will have a hard number.

My Hex install folder is around 1.6 Gigs. I'm sure that's compressed during the download, but you can only compress things so far.

It might be possible for you to install it onto a flash drive and then copy it to your friend's computer. I've never tried it, so it's possible that may not work. But, if you've got a spare flash drive around it may be worth a shot.
    Things to do at WonderCon: Be Cory Jones.

Old FAQs, courtesy of Bernado

Master Theorycrafter
    It's a bit hard to tell with the downloads. The PvE download for me was a little under 2gb if I remember right, and all the previous downloads for the pvp stuff beforehand were usually around 1.2gb or so. I'd probably agree with Mejis and plan around 2gb-3gb to be on the safe side.

Usage from casual play is relatively small as well, because I can play several hours of PvE and still be under 50mb. Though I have noticed that running the Arena, what with its constant consecutive battles, uses a tiny bit more data than the campaign and drafting uses. Not much, but still a bit noticeable if you're doing multiple runs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRider View Post
    It might be possible for you to install it onto a flash drive and then copy it to your friend's computer. I've never tried it, so it's possible that may not work. But, if you've got a spare flash drive around it may be worth a shot.
    I think I heard something similar on Hex's reddit, but I've never tried it myself or know where to begin to try since I'm a bit of a computer noob on such matters.
    Last edited by Erukk; 02-07-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Losse View Post

daily play is like 100-200mb. I have limited bandwith too so i see counter.
    Proud Champion tier backer

You should be aware that it's quite a graphics hog however. Having a poor graphics card will really slow it down.
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

Here is a thread on reddit that asked a very similar question about installing hex onto a system that has limited up/down capabilities: https://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comm...ng_the_client/