Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
    I think you're playing the wrong version of the deck.

I've been using a slightly modified version of the heat wave/piranha build I posted back on page 6. Currently at six straight perfect runs.
    Really? That's impressive consistency. I don't think I've ever gotten six perfects in a row, even with Slaughtergear. I'm sure it's possible to do so, I've just always had at least one screw/flood scenario that breaks up the streak. But with the Dream deck not needing any shards in play to do its thing...yeah, I could see it.

The more I play this the more I'm convinced it really is problematic

The only thing you opponent can do that bothers you at all is void cards. Otherwise it only goes wrong when you fail to find your EtD which is really unlikely -I only have one Dream song (0 Chron Mad though I now own a couple) and it's still rare to lose (usually cos I messed up the mulliganning which is a key component of playing this).

A few of the things that would usually present a challenge but you simply don't care:
    - kill your troops (they come right back with their enter play effects for you and usually before they would attack again)
    - bounce discard for effect and round they go again
    - mill -thank you very much!
    - discard: i was going to do that anyway and I can still do so in response
    - damage: I have considerable lifegain from Bears.
    - build a board state: I bring out a blocking army (including flyers) after you declare attacks, don't care if you kill them (I'm searching my deck for the card that will bring them back in time to attack) and deal 2-16 damage to all your troops on my turn.

...actually I do care about debuffs as well as void. Still a very very narrow space for the AI to challenge me.

Adding thresholds would slow this deck down (a little) and give the Ai a chance to do something meaningful but would not address the fundamantal not-playing-with-you-ness of it. If they want to make more puzzle encounters they're going to have areally narrow space to design them in while this exists and almost any other deck will get annihilated by anything that challenges it.
    It does fail to bad draws sometimes and bad decisions and only really plays quickly if you are concentrating but they can never put campaign value outside a dungeon because it will whup almost anything in a try or two without any modification (and what it can't whup either whups almost everything else or has been specifically designed around this particular deck which is one hell of an anchor to put on your team).

Slaughtergear may be faster and stronger but I suspect it's not as callously contemptuous of opposition.

If they also made the Eagle Search 2, made the skarn target and reduced bear HP gain it might do the job but I fear the zone between broken and dead for this deck is extremely thin and dead might well be the better state for the rest of the game. Other interesting combinations might become viable in due course.

I love playing this deck but I think it's really bad for the game ...possibly the designers have deeper insight but with S4 purportedly having more powerful threshold fixing than any prior set I don't see thresholds alone doing more than force slightly slower, marginally less reliable victories. I do have confidence that they will get it right (enough) in the end.
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

The more and more I play the deck and variants, and all decks running Dream Eagle for dig, I actually come to the inverse conclusion. I don't think adding thresholds, or nerfing any of this is a conclusion that needs to be made. At the end of the day, you are choosing to play one deck over another. This deck is quite a bit slower than slaughtergears', It's also quite a bit slower than Mono-Ruby Rush. It is very heavy on combo. Hell, it's even on par if not slightly slower than some of the Phenteo's Gift OP mill variants, depending on your PC speed and variant.

Running both Campaign and Arena Encounters is not just about speed, it's also about consistency. The interesting thing about that is, there are already encounters in the campaign that negate some synergies with interacting with the graveyard. The problem with the arena is none of the encounters really do this. I'd say a even more sinister way to curb some power and enthusiasm for this deck would be to continue to add stoppers to the arena and the campaign that address this. A good example may be the new 1 drop artifact recently spoiled for set4.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Timlagor View Post
    I love playing this deck but I think it's really bad for the game ...possibly the designers have deeper insight but with S4 purportedly having more powerful threshold fixing than any prior set I don't see thresholds alone doing more than force slightly slower, marginally less reliable victories. I do have confidence that they will get it right (enough) in the end.
    Enter the Dream has a 3 wild threshold - having a threshold requirement on it would take the deck out back and put a bullet in it.

Anything doing nothing for 5 turns and relying on one card for a combo to 'cheat' some guys into play is a trainwreck waiting to happen. Also, getting the 3 wild is in direct opposition to the dig/draw thresholds you need to get the enter the dream in the first place, murdering the consistency.

Threshold requirement is more than sufficient to relegate it to a fun, janky deck only.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Really? That's impressive consistency. I don't think I've ever gotten six perfects in a row, even with Slaughtergear. I'm sure it's possible to do so, I've just always had at least one screw/flood scenario that breaks up the streak. But with the Dream deck not needing any shards in play to do its thing...yeah, I could see it.
    I've had some close calls, but the deck is far too consistent to be fair.

Paladin of Naagaan got an 18/18 Righteous Paladin, but I topdecked an EtD and put 20 power of blockers in front of it.
    Emberspire Witch dropped me to 5, but then wasted six damage of burn killing two Skarns.
    Xarlox buried two of my four EtD, but then I found one in my last 15 cards.

I have played this deck, I don't know what people are so bothered about. Is it consistent at beating arena? Yes. Is it faster than other decks? No.

Maybe when we have higher levels and can play the deck in campaign it might need looking at, but then so might other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Angmar View Post
    I've had some close calls, but the deck is far too consistent to be fair.

Paladin of Naagaan got an 18/18 Righteous Paladin, but I topdecked an EtD and put 20 power of blockers in front of it.
    Emberspire Witch dropped me to 5, but then wasted six damage of burn killing two Skarns.
    Xarlox buried two of my four EtD, but then I found one in my last 15 cards.
    Fair? What does fair have anything to do with a singleplayer experience? You seem to be applying PvP logic to PvE.

There are plenty of other decks just as consistent and fast over time as the Dream deck. Yes sometimes you can get a turn 1 or 2 win with the Dream deck but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    Enter the Dream has a 3 wild threshold - having a threshold requirement on it would take the deck out back and put a bullet in it.
    I wasn't going to assume that discard thresholds had ot match play thresholds.
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

Master Theorycrafter
    The inevitable has happened, bye bye Dream deck!

• Dream Galoshes now reads: “Your Dream Spiders have, “: Discard this→ Look at the top card of target opposing champion’s deck. You may bury the revealed card. Unblockable When a Spider you control deals damage to a champion, look at the top card of that champion’s deck. You may bury the revealed card.”
    • Eagle Feathered Gloves now reads: “Your Dream Eagles have, “: this → Look at the top four cards of your deck. Put one of them into your hand. Put the remaining cards into your deck.””
    • Dream Cap now reads: “Your Dream Skarns have, “: Discard this → create a random ruby action with cost 1 and put it into your hand.””
    • Turtle Shell Bulwark: “Your Dream Turtles have, “: Discard this → Troops you control get +2 [DEF] this turn.””
    • Bear Idol now reads: “Your Dream Bears have, “: Discard this → Gain 5 health.””
    • Dream Staff now reads: “Your Enter the Dreams have, “: Discard this → put all troops with Dream in their name from your crypt into play.””
    Last edited by nickon; 04-07-2016 at 01:53 AM.

I don't like that change. Dream deck was ok. There are faster and better PvE decks than Dream Deck. Now Dream cards are kinda useless and the whole Dream dungeon has nothing to farm for. Nerfing popular deck, only because it's easy to play with is not a good way to make changes. Dream deck wasn't OP, for me it was fun to play with it so i don't understand why someone decided to nerf it. Once again: there are better and faster PvE decks, and no nerfing on their side. Kinda not fair imo.