Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    I don't care about the nerf, at all...

But the absence of language on the nerf is a surprise. Every other big nerf (warmachinist) has come with an explanation, generally in an article, before or as it hits and not just in patch notes.

I did like the explanations of nerfs, and I'm still salty for not getting one with the Dream Squirrel, but maybe they just can't keep up with those sort of communiques up anymore?
    I guess atm they have so much on their plate (new set, polishing for steam, AZ2 etc.), that everything not essential is prioritized to the bottom or skipped.

The Eagle Feathered Gloves absolutely deserved that nerf there's no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    The Eagle Feathered Gloves absolutely deserved that nerf there's no question about it.
    I think a 1 Sapphire Threshold would have been enough. Single Threshold for Enter the Dream as well. It's just PvE. They shouldn't have to feel like they are boxing a player into committing hard into single thresholds to have strong early plays. Especially with Slaughtergears going untouched.

I agree, i knew nerf was coming but i expected 1 threshold
    Proud Champion tier backer

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    I'm actually glad of the gloves in particular, running them in non sapphire decks just felt wrong despite how effective they were.

Gigantisaur
    Very angry with the extent of this nerf. Single thresholds for each card would have been appropriate, but this entirely invalidates the deck for example for Arena (it wasn't valid in AZ 1 anyway at this point).

Yes, Spirit Eagle needed a nerf / threshold, but wouldn't a single Sapphire have been sufficient? Worst of all Enter the Dream gets a triple Wild threshold? That's no fun. I can see work around single thresholds and still make the deck work - to make it more interesting, but this definitely feels heavy-handed.

Yes, HXE always says "buyers beware" for PvE card, but I feel screwed (and in a bad way ;-)).
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Quote Originally Posted by Ditsch View Post
    Wow overnerfing much now I can't play the eagles in most decks as I won't reach that threshold. The dream eagles plus equip were quite nice in most decks.
    That's exactly why they needed a nerf. That level of card manipulation is only supposed to be available to Sapphire, not simply any deck with a free Gloves slot.

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    I don't care about the nerf, at all...

But the absence of language on the nerf is a surprise. Every other big nerf (warmachinist) has come with an explanation, generally in an article, before or as it hits and not just in patch notes.

I did like the explanations of nerfs, and I'm still salty for not getting one with the Dream Squirrel, but maybe they just can't keep up with those sort of communiques up anymore?
    I have to agree sadly.
    Colin said we'll see an article about it but well, it never showed up.
    I love the game, I love the crew, but their communication is at an all time low.
    Part of that might me because we lost Phenteo but the communication already was relly bad when we still had him around.
    I love what Chark is doing in the Steam thread and this is one of the instances where he's doing way more than one could expect, but the official communication is just really lacking

I am glad for the nerf, having a tier 1 deck should take more effort then running the first dungeon.

Eagle is still ridiculouly good even with the new threshold requirements. Given the strength of that mechanic, adding another sapphire threshold would be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    I am glad for the nerf, having a tier 1 deck should take more effort then running the first dungeon.

Eagle is still ridiculouly good even with the new threshold requirements. Given the strength of that mechanic, adding another sapphire threshold would be justified.
    Phenteo's Gift should be double Threshold as well then.. Same with Hunger of the Mountain God. I mean, you want to equate powerlevels in PvE to threshold requirements so the cards can't be splashed, then a lot of PvE needs nerfs, and further nerfs when equipment is added. I guess Stalker of Marabas is a good example of forced threshold commitments.