Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I think a 1 Sapphire Threshold would have been enough. Single Threshold for Enter the Dream as well. It's just PvE. They shouldn't have to feel like they are boxing a player into committing hard into single thresholds to have strong early plays. Especially with Slaughtergears going untouched.
    Compared to Arcane Focus: twice as potent, can't be countered, no resource cost, AND can serve as troop in late game? I don't think some equipment attached to a random Eagle (ok ok, he's the livingtheDream Eagle) should have such power creep over the most efficient cantrip in the game who's committed to doing just that.

EDIT: Oh and you can 'play it' at Quick speed..
    Last edited by bootlace; 04-07-2016 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    I don't care about the nerf, at all...

But the absence of language on the nerf is a surprise. Every other big nerf (warmachinist) has come with an explanation, generally in an article, before or as it hits and not just in patch notes.

I did like the explanations of nerfs, and I'm still salty for not getting one with the Dream Squirrel, but maybe they just can't keep up with those sort of communiques up anymore?
    This.
    Poor communication.
    Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    I am glad for the nerf, having a tier 1 deck should take more effort then running the first dungeon.
    But there does need to be a tier one deck that contains almost all easily obtained pve cards. The worst thing we can tell new f2p players, is that they need to grind with substandard decks for a heap of hours in order to get a decent deck to start farming for pvp stuff.

Dream Staff now reads: "These cards are all worthless. Never play any of them."
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by Jugg View Post
    But there does need to be a tier one deck that contains almost all easily obtained pve cards. The worst thing we can tell new f2p players, is that they need to grind with substandard decks for a heap of hours in order to get a decent deck to start farming for pvp stuff.
    I don't know mate, that's kind of how RPG progression works - I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Compared to Arcane Focus: twice as potent, can't be countered, no resource cost, AND can serve as troop in late game? I don't think some equipment attached to a random Eagle (ok ok, he's the livingtheDream Eagle) should have such power creep over the most efficient cantrip in the game who's committed to doing just that.
    You can't down-play the equipment commitment to the effect. It still has a price. I understand how powerful the cantrip is, and I think a nerf is warranted, but honestly, they should have thought about this before and nerfed subtly before taking it down two notches, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    I think a 1 Sapphire Threshold would have been enough. Single Threshold for Enter the Dream as well. It's just PvE. They shouldn't have to feel like they are boxing a player into committing hard into single thresholds to have strong early plays. Especially with Slaughtergears going untouched.
    I agree. I fully anticipated and supported a nerf, but I think they went too far. Single thresholds would have slowed the deck down considerably, with maybe Enter the Dream itself deserving double Wild threshold.

And I also agree that the harsh nerf seems like overkill in light of Slaughtergears remaining as is.

My issue is that there is a stronger PvE deck that isn't getting nerfed because its components are expensive.

the title of this thread should be changed to "Dream Deck with equipment was crazy."

This seems to nice case study in way we don't want them altering PvP cards. Why tweak a card when devs can hit it with a sledge hammer?
    Last edited by Tazelbain; 04-07-2016 at 07:24 AM.