Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Dream Staff now reads: "These cards are all worthless. Never play any of them."
    Oh, neat. Just updated and it actually says that.

Well, this just isn't an appropriate response to the problem...
    I was going to be purchasing packs of set 4. Now I won't. I can't justify spending any more money on this game if there are going to be nerfs like this. I'm sympathetic to PvP card bans and power level changes to cards in PvE. But this bricks an entire deck and makes it so that just doesn't work. It's not a nerf, it's a removal.

I'll find another card game to spend money on. Thanks for the good times :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Majes View Post
    Well, this just isn't an appropriate response to the problem...
    I was going to be purchasing packs of set 4. Now I won't. I can't justify spending any more money on this game if there are going to be nerfs like this. I'm sympathetic to PvP card bans and power level changes to cards in PvE. But this bricks an entire deck and makes it so that just doesn't work. It's not a nerf, it's a removal.

I'll find another card game to spend money on. Thanks for the good times :-)
    It isn't even that big of a nerf. In a well built deck you could do the bulk of the same stuff, although dropping a couple of shards is probably advisable. It just removed the steamroll aspect.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    My issue is that there is a stronger PvE deck that isn't getting nerfed because its components are expensive.
    I think they haven't touched the Slaughtergear's yet because they don't want to take the chance that doing so may diminish people's desire to spin chests since those are the most valuable things you can get out of them. If some other chase reward gets added to chests in the future, I suspect we'll see a nerf to Slaughtergear's at that time.

I can get behind the threshold addition, but I don't think it needed to be more than a single threshold for any of them, especially Enter the Dream. As it is, it's already going to be difficult to get any number of dreams into your graveyard now, and getting up to 3 wild threshold in addition to anything else is going to be more work than it's worth.
    Personally I'm sad to lose the utility of an early Dream Eagle in a sapphire deck, whenever I need to search for more blue sources. Using it to get a second threshold of whichever I needed was one of the best aspects of that card. Would really like to see it go down to 1 threshold again.

On the other hand, I don't think quitting the game is 'an appropriate response to the problem' either. It's PvE, everyone was advised ahead of time that nerfs were a possibility. We even discussed on the forums the likelihood of a nerf to these exact cards.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

I feel like this killed the entire thing and that every dream card except eagle deserves a complete equipment rework instead of this nerf but this is what makes me angry about the nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    My issue is that there is a stronger PvE deck that isn't getting nerfed because its components are expensive.
    I fully accept nerfs even heavy handed ones but don't putt money on a pedestal and make it untouchable because someone spent on it. This deck has been mildly deserving of a nerf for a long long but gets nothing dream is acceptable for a few weeks and it gets brutally murdered not okay HXE.

That said i do feel the dream eagle one was more than fair its just that now the deck is dead and all the others need new equipment instead of the nerf.
    Last edited by wolzarg; 04-07-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

It's doesn't brick just one deck, but really harms a lot of other PvE decks and hinders the opportunity to increase combo and control archetypes.

Dream Eagle w/gloves is the only good filtering card HEX has. Arcane Focus is, at best, mediocre. Maybe set 4 will offer some new chances, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    On the other hand, I don't think quitting the game is 'an appropriate response to the problem' either. It's PvE, everyone was advised ahead of time that nerfs were a possibility. We even discussed on the forums the likelihood of a nerf to these exact cards.
    Not quitting the game mate, but I'm done investing. I fully expected a nerf, but I thought they'd keep it playable. That's unacceptable to me. I've spend a couple hundred on this game so I'll keep playing, but I'm finished putting money into it.

Master Theorycrafter
    The Dream Eagle in the Terror Mill deck for example isn't splashing just for the Eagle, you're in Sapphire already, but still the two Sapphire threshold restriction is hurting the consistency of that deck pretty bad. I would have liked to see 1 Sapphire threshold, to negate the Eagles for players running mono <something> and play them just for the discard effect. Surely they're not going to splash Sapphire just for the 4 Dream Eagles if they would be only 1 Sapphire threshold, would they?

Anyhow, I personally feel that they don't explicitly need to communicate every nerf they do in the game. Would it be nice in this case? Yes. Do I think it's unacceptable that they don't? No. It will happen more than once over the lifetime of HEX and I think there's more important communication they need to work on first at the very least.

Regarding the Spectral Oak, I do feel more strongly about that and I'm more leaning towards the unacceptable on that part (especially with Colin's mention). It was a strong selling point of the kickstarter that backers deserve an explanation for. Radio silence on that genuinly makes me a sad panda still

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    They should of just put the threshold requirement on Enter the Dream. Instead of nerfing the deck into oblivion.