Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bizznach View Post
    im saying plain and simple why would anyone want to play a almost zero interaction deck.
    Right, I think it needs a nerf to manage its tempo and reduce its variance, which indirectly makes it more interactive, as you wind up with far fewer (if any) T1 blowouts.

But a nerf that breaks up the Dream deck itself is, I think, the more unfortunate result of this.

who knows maybe hex will look into the nerf and tone it down.
    Unlikely, and even though I have used the Dream deck myself, I'm not sure I'd advocate for them to spend the dev resources on recovering the deck's viability (but not brokenness) through buffs without accidentally swinging the pendulum back (it's easier to incrementally reduce power level than increase it, because of other interactions).

I think it's just lessons learned at this point.

what i do know is my roommate who i happen to share a computer room with has been using that deck for months to trivialize the game.
    If your roommate has been spending months doing that with the dream deck, they could have just invested in the slaughtergear deck and done the same thing more efficiently (and returned more profit over time).

I feel like anyone using the Dream deck to trivialize gold gain is merely ignorant of more efficient methods. Nico has a great post in the Strategy and Decklists forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    If your roommate has been spending months doing that with the dream deck, they could have just invested in the slaughtergear deck and done the same thing more efficiently (and returned more profit over time).

I feel like anyone using the Dream deck to trivialize gold gain is merely ignorant of more efficient methods. Nico has a great post in the Strategy and Decklists forum.
    The dream deck was tons and tons cheaper than a slaughtergear deck. Plus it was somewhat farmable.

Haha, I'm having so much fun with Slithering Marauder that I care less about the Dream nerf.

Not the fastest deck, but still, this on turn 5 is fun:

Is that another KS exclusive card? Did they release more of them?

Master Theorycrafter
    The nerf seems reasonable to me. Any effects that have no resource or threshold cost associated with them is highly suspect. This is a good change, and I'm speaking from the perspective of somebody that built the deck. Any deck that allows you to bypass the majority of the content simply by virtue of having a deck that doesn't interact with your opponent very much is bad.

I'm sad that folks are overreacting so much - this isn't the last nerf (or buff) the game will experience in PvE, and it certainly won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Majes View Post
    That doesn't mean I have to agree with how they nerf content. Completely destroying a deck is an overreaction and shouldn't be done...
    Can someone tell me how the deck plays now?

Hello! Our lead developer explains our dream equipment change here: https://www.hextcg.com/dream-equipment-change/
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    Hello! Our lead developer explains our dream equipment change here: https://www.hextcg.com/dream-equipment-change/
    Thanks for posting this, would have been great to have it up when the patch notes were released, but it's good to read the reasoning behind the changes.
    Personally I think the changes are alright mostly, maybe single threshold for the gloves and double threshold for the stuff would have been sufficient but what ever, we'll see if the deck still has a place.

There's something different to consider for the future though - I'm well aware that each and every PVE card and equipment can change at any moment and since I've seen the nerf coming I've sold every copy of Enter the Dream that dropped netting me something around 3.000p. Now this platin has to come from other players and if you take a look at hexprice there were a total of 750 sales for an average of 276p each - that's a total amount of 207.000p or 2.070$ spent on this card. A card that now is completely worthless. The early buyers probably got some bang for the buck but it must really feel terrible for those late to the party. Now again, I fully understand that this is the risk you take whenever you buy or sell PVE cards, but still, I feel like there should be something to soften blows like that.
    Games like Hearthstone or Duelyst allow you do disenchant nerfed cards for the amount of dust it would have taken to craft them. Since we don't have crafting yet this is not an option for us and honestly I don't have a perfect solution for that right now but it might be well worth to brainstorm how to deal with changes like that in the future.

I do not believe people should be given anything when a card is nerfed. They bought it knowing that was possible, they signed up for that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    Personally I think the changes are alright mostly, maybe single threshold for the gloves and double threshold for the staff would have been sufficient but what ever, we'll see if the deck still has a place.
    I agree. While the reasoning behind the nerfs make sense, I'd like to have a place where we can have further dialogue about the change, to get more insight into why threshold requirements were the solution to a deck where it was feasibly meant to play together, and not another more seamless solution..

For example:
    Ruby/Blood/Diamond/Wild Dream beasts = 1 cost to sac with equip for ability
    Sapp = 1 cost + 1 sapp thresh to sac with equip for ability
    Wild Enter the Dream = 1 cost + 2 Wild thresh to sac with equip for ability (or 1 wild thresh)

It's a shame that the deck had gone from an extreme of non-interactive but highly playable; to still being non-interactive but highly unplayable - as a whole.