Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

now i dont wanna say "told you so"... but told ya so! ;x

So they think The Dream deck is still viable deck like they thought Titania's Majesty wasn't a meta-busting card?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqattaq View Post
    Hello! Our lead developer explains our dream equipment change here: https://www.hextcg.com/dream-equipment-change/
    That is awesome, thank you!

Hello! Our lead developer explains our dream equipment change here: https://www.hextcg.com/dream-equipment-change/
    Love the information disagree massively with the message.
    " we feel as though the deck still has a place in our game"
    Sure it has a place in the same way wild child has a place as something you can use but have absolutely no incentive to use. The deck is absolutely dead it takes immense effort for a low reward. You now either do the same thing you did previously but it fails more often as you need more colors or you sigh and walk away. I'm not saying this was a easy thing to fix and keep people happy but the way it was fixed the cards might as well be banned in pve and be left for fun games in ai skirmish.

But in the end that is obviously just my opinion and i don't really have a horse in the race more than to let my voice be heard so i will just sigh and walk away.
    Last edited by wolzarg; 04-07-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

I will remain pissed about the loss of Dream Eagle without shard requirement until they print some decent search/filter cards.

Gigantisaur
    We pieced that together all by ourselves, thank you. The key point is that the nerf went way too far - from being a prime deck to play at an early point new into Hex to an unplayable mess.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

How has the deck still a place and when was it to strong for campaign ? you don't have the shard grid to make it playable it was only good for farming frost arena to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    This is exactly the nerf I expected.

As I see it the problem with the dream deck isn't that it was strong (not every strong deck gets nerfed) it's that it largely bypasses the resource system. That would be OK if it were a more gimmicky deck that wasn't competing with the best decks on arena clears, if it were more vulnerable to at least some AI opponents, or even if it was just less popular.

I don't think the dream cards were ever intended to be used in decks that couldn't play the cards outright, but this deck did precisely that. Adding the thresholds to the equip effects means you have to interact with the resource system to use them.

I'd guess that the original equipment was an experiment in the sort of things they can do in PvE. This one didn't work out.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by bizznach View Post
    more wondering why the hell would anyone want to play a deck that trivializes the whole game and has close to zero interaction with the game?

and once raids get put in just make that super lame too?

holy get a grip ppl.

also its been stated plenty of times for pve things will get nerfed as needed.

if it feels like it is waaaay too overpowered for how much it cost you to buy, how long it took you to farm, how fast it takes you to farm a million gold, etc, most likely it will see a nerf...or ya know everyone can just use the same deck and most probably really mess up the gold market.

its almost like all the qqers never played a game that balances before
    This 100%. I don't think it was nerfed because it was powerful (it was strong, but there are stronger decks out there). It was nerfed because it let you ignore the game for the most part and just goldfish your hand out and win. It couldn't be countered, it could play its hand as a quick action, and it didn't even require you to have resources or thresholds.

That is why slaughtergear is not nerfed I think. They don't mind strong decks, they just want those decks to actually play like a game of Hex (which the dream deck didn't).

Edit: Just got to the end of the thread and read the article put up. Looks like these posts were correct in the reasoning for the nerfs :-)
    Last edited by sukebe; 04-07-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Havent played dream deck, but I guess the budget Arena farm deck will be the good old mono ruby again?

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    and

This 100%. I don't think it was nerfed because it was powerful (it was strong, but there are stronger decks out there). It was nerfed because it let you ignore the game for the most part and just goldfish your hand out and win. It couldn't be countered, it could play its hand as a quick action, and it didn't even require you to have resources or thresholds.

That is why slaughtergear is not nerfed I think. They don't mind strong decks, they just want those decks to actually play like a game of Hex (which the dream deck didn't).
    And so it's gone from a broken deck to a strong deck like Slaughtergears now right??