Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

I hope that everyone who's overly exaggerating to this is realizing that they're essentially pushing HxE to design less wild/crazy stuff that you'd probably enjoy. They've said from day 1 that PvE is where they'll try, experiment even, with crazier cards because they'll have the recourse of fixing stuff. Everyone here is and has been aware of that.

Also whether the change was over the top or not, they're actively listening and trying to keep PvE somewhat balanced. I'm sure you've played some game in the past where devs didn't bother much with balance (especially if it's a F2P aspect of the game) and the horrible inbalances and design flaws led to the breaking of the game. Well first it was Xocoy/Tinkerer's Robe, now it's the Dream deck, and I'm sure if Slaughtergear dominates PvE then it'll have its day as well after they are not longer the focus in Chests. People explaining why they thought the changes are over the top are perfectly within their right, but the "OMFG I'm quitting" posts are really toxic and unwarranted.

Tried to quote you, sixlooter, but failed, so see it as a reply of your post

I don't think you took even the time to read through my entire post, but i don'T appreciate that you call me out a liar without any proof, only because im not on the same page of you. I find it really rude and not a good discussion culture.

So i try to re-explain myself a little bit better:
    I invested some money (130 € to be exact) and i used most of the money to gauntlet, since i have not much time (i have a work and a family, so its really spare time i used for hex). Im not willing to invest too much money also, so for my part it should have been a game with some investment and some gain for free. My dwarf / robot was quite fun to use, and i enjoyed the short time i had with my dreamdeck (i bought most part of it, since, as mentioned, i have little time).
    Its not all about the money (even if im surely not amused to have invested about 20 € (if i recall correctly) for now useless (!) cards) its mostly about the consequences i highlighted:
    - a nerf is a nerf, but this was a removal, they should learn from other games (hearthstone comes to mind, where even with the warsong commander nerf patron warrior remained a good to top deck).
    - i understand nerfing strong cards, but not that you blame a mechanic that was clear from the beginning (it would be as if hearthstone all in a sudden understand that deathrattle was too powerfull, so they make it cost mana to activate the effect), so its so that they are incompetent or greedy and both does not go a long way in the free to play market.

Last, i quit not only about this change, but mostly because my scarce time is better invested somewhere else.

I wish Hex a bright future (im not mad anymore ) and you all a lot of fun. Perhaps i will be back if Hex shows they have learned from this mistakes.

Farewell
    Last edited by Stevethethird; 04-08-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevethethird View Post
    Tried to quote you, sixlooter, but failed, so see it as a reply of your post

I don't think you took even the time to read through my entire post, but i don'T appreciate that you call me out a liar without any proof, only because im not on the same page of you. I find it really rude and not a good discussion culture.

So i try to re-explain myself a little bit better:
    I invested some money (130 € to be exact) and i used most of the money to gauntlet, since i have not much time (i have a work and a family, so its really spare time i used for hex). Im not willing to invest too much money also, so for my part it should have beed a game with some investment and some gain for free. My dwarf / robot was quite fun to use, and i enjoyed the short time i had with my dreamdeck (i bought most part of it, since, as mentioned, i have little time).
    Its not all about the money (even if im surely not amused to have invested about 20 € (if i recall correctly) for now useless (!) cards) its mostly about the consequences i highlighted:
    - a nerf is a nerf, but this was a removal, they should learn from other games (hearthstone comes to mind, where even with the warsong commander nerf patron warrior remained a good to top deck).
    - i understand nerfing strong cards, but not that you blame a mechanic that was clear from the beginning (it would be as if hearthstone all in a sudden understand that deathrattle was too powerfull, so they make it cost mana to activate the effect), so its so that they are incompetent or greedy and both does not go a long way in the free to play market.

Last, i quit not only about this change, but mostly because my scarce time is better invested somewhere else.

I wish Hex a bright future (im not mad anymore ) and you all a lot of fun. Perhaps i will be back if Hex shows they have learned from this mistakes.

Farewell
    - if you blame a mechanic, than hex will have no future (or they learn fast)
    Stev hope you come back at some point. I get your points and I get why you're upset that someone said you didn't pay any money on the game (I'm sure you did).

Stating that you were going to leave a bad review on Steam as the game is released there, however, is going to draw some strong responses, even from the best of communities, like this one. You have every right to leave a bad review, but knowing the game will continue to grow and evolve, and leaving open the possibility of a return, you may want to hold off before publicly ditching (or promoting) the game on the Steam platform. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    - Grinding for everyone is not "fun", it's not a point to be made.

- Cheap decks that are great at grinding are not easy to come by in a player driven economy, outside of rarity mismatch, easy to obtain PvE racials, and insider knowledge.

- You leaving and leaving a shitty review is due to your own lack of knowledge about how a player ran economy works, and the promise this company has already made to nerfing PvE. That makes very little sense.

a) You mean all games? You were rewarded, with increased ability to defeat content due to overpowered mechanics.

This below is about the only thing you said I can slightly agree with.
    b) The standards were not something transparent, but game development standards don't need to be. That's company information and it is proprietary 1) I'd say they are great at their job actually. 2) The deck was too strong in some senses, but they went a bit too far.

So, while I am against the extent they nerfed the combo, but not really for any reason you laid out above, I think you should reconsider your stance based on some things known to very active players, but may be unbeknownst to you.
    - Grinding can be done in a funnier way if the deck is overpowered ^^.
    - my friend, i have spend quite a hell of a time playing EVE so i have some knowledge of a player driven economy (beside the fact that my work is in the area of economics as well) and i will highlight this thing in a review (not in a kind manner , but never said it will be shitty overall.
    - it was all the situation: i get it they said PvE will be nerfed eventually, and if they would have stated that the cards were too strong, i would have agreed, but creating an mechanic and some cards and than nerfing the whole mechanic is not something i appreciate, i would not be amused if our internal IT-CC would recreate this sort of trial and error. Otherwise dont make cards PVE tradable.

One last thing: you guys who hang here around a lot of time and spend alot of time in the game perhaps don't believe me when i say you that in not place in the game i have read the warning: "DONT INVEST IN PVE; THE NERF IS INCOMING" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    Stev hope you come back at some point. I get your points and I get why you're upset that someone said you didn't pay any money on the game (I'm sure you did).

Stating that you were going to leave a bad review on Steam as the game is released there, however, is going to draw some strong responses, even from the best of communities, like this one. You have every right to leave a bad review, but knowing the game will continue to grow and evolve, and leaving open the possibility of a return, you may want to hold off before publicly ditching (or promoting) the game on the Steam platform. Just my 2 cents.
    I will give a positive review with a strong bash toward their bad habit to release cards that has to be nerfed (without compensation mechanism in place). Everyone will have than the possibility to decide by himself how much to invest.

Thank you for your kind answer, i appreciate a nice community (a shame i haven't been on this forum earlier).

Farewell

In response to the Developer post about this...
    The appeal of the Dream Deck was that it was something different. It didn't play the way a typical Hex deck does. I've played a lot of card games and I've always been drawn to decks that had different objectives or different play styles. There is lot of enjoyment in learning a new play style and building a new deck that plays completely different from every other deck. The Dream Deck was elegantly designed and really fun to build. I appreciate and understand that there was little the AI could do about the deck. But frankly that's the goal of a deckbuilder, and it wasn't like there weren't tough match-ups for the deck. There was... War Bot was always a challenge, spider deck was a challenge, and there were a few other tough encounters in the Arena.

When I went about building this deck I knew there was a solid chance it would be nerfed. Maybe I'm just a moron, but I don't see a way to make the deck work anymore. I can get pieces going when I theorycraft if I build it with something else, but the deck as a whole just won't work anymore. In most other games that do balancing a nerf generally doesn't make the skill or deck unplayable. Most companies realize that it's a mistake to do that because people fall in love with certain parts of the game. I didn't love the deck... But I really enjoyed it. My issue with the nerf is it makes it impossible to trust you guys in the future. I spent between $10 and $20 on the deck. (tried to farm the cards, didn't work) I assumed that you knew better than to make killing changes to a deck. My mistake. I hope you can see why I can't spend any more money here... I've really enjoyed Hex... I love the campaign and I've enjoyed the draft tournaments. But I'm not at a point where I can be throwing money away and that's basically what I've done here...

I miss my eagles that were effectivly arcane focus shardless card for free.Bring them back.

For those of us who prefer PVE and may be willing to invest cash in this game, saying "any card you pay money for might be nerfed" really does not inspire confidence.

The one part steve pointed out that many are ignoring. This deck was designed to play this way, this was not a surprise interaction no one could have predicted. Why would they design, test, and release it to be played this way, and then later say we don't want interactions like this? They designed the interaction, if they didn't want it then dont make it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc31 View Post
    For those of us who prefer PVE and may be willing to invest cash in this game, saying "any card you pay money for might be nerfed" really does not inspire confidence.

The one part steve pointed out that many are ignoring. This deck was designed to play this way, this was not a surprise interaction no one could have predicted. Why would they design, test, and release it to be played this way, and then later say we don't want interactions like this? They designed the interaction, if they didn't want it then dont make it in the first place.
    The deck was not intended to be 'mechanically' designed to be "non-interactive", is what they are claiming. However, the deck was 'functionally' designed to be played together with all pieces. Unfortunately, the nerfs did not address the "non-interactivity", and broke the "functionality."

That is why it would be really nice to get a dialogue here with SirHamsterlot to see if we can have a bit more conversation about this.

I want this game to be successful, and have a lot more time and energy to focus on PvE right now, and I am pretty annoyed like everyone else, but for pretty solid reasons as to what players had that was taken away, and why it's important now to call it out.

Edit: Even something like, making all the dream beast card equipment have 2 discard effects; one being a 2 threshold discard requirement similar to before, and another being gain a threshold in this Beasts' shard, would be better.
    Last edited by nicosharp; 04-08-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Here's what bothers me most about this, and this is just my speculation.

If you look at the PVE nerfs we have had they have been farmable cards (from arena or from AZ1). While right now almost every one would say slaughtergear is a better farming deck then the dream deck, yet that doesn't get nerfed. It seems that the deciding factor for nerfing cards is not how powerful they are, but if they can be farmed. ie they want to make sure that you need to in some way put plat into the economy to make more of them (for cards from spins/chests packs had to be bought at some point for the chest to exist).