Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 323

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

  1. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    Lemme just point out that both the dwarf and orc aggro decks did actually get nerfed so yeah that point misses the mark a good bit.
    Yeah, the Xocoy nerf makes a bigger difference for PvE farming than the dream deck stuff, IMO. Way more stable deck, and usually kills by turn 4 no matter what.

  2. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    I doubt it.

    You want to talk the design over, because you think it was too destructive of the existing dream deck.

    I think destroying the existing dream deck was the goal of the change, and that there should be room for a less problematic dream deck that works more like a regular combo deck in the "quirky fun" power level with these changes which is probably what the cards were supposed to add up to. (it is the first dungeon, not "end game" content that drops them after all).
    The article addressed that they wanted to destroy the dream deck as it was being played. However, I did not read anywhere that the intent was to make it so that if someone wanted to play all 24 cards together/all 6 equipment, they were forced to hit more unique thresholds than any other combo deck in existence to achieve it. My comments are not specifically geared towards any variation of the dream deck, or calling the dream "deck" a "deck". My comments are specifically geared at future RND to preserve design goals in the future of how they intend cards to interact together, by making changes that feasibly allow them to continue to interact together in a realistic way. 8 unique threshold requirement for all cards is not a realistic interaction.

  3. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    The article addressed that they wanted to destroy the dream deck as it was being played. However, I did not read anywhere that the intent was to make it so that if someone wanted to play all 24 cards together/all 6 equipment, they were forced to hit more unique thresholds than any other combo deck in existence to achieve it. My comments are not specifically geared towards any variation of the dream deck, or calling the dream "deck" a "deck". My comments are specifically geared at future RND to preserve design goals in the future of how they intend cards to interact together, by making changes that feasibly allow them to continue to interact together in a realistic way. 8 unique threshold requirement for all cards is not a realistic interaction.
    Thiiiiiiiiis

  4. #294
    On the upside they now have room to make more dream cards that will make these cards stronger without it getting right out of hand again.
    Also bear in mind that fixing is due to get easier with set 4 (I don't know how much).
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

    Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

  5. #295
    I just want to say the Eagle equipped is still insanely good, and I am running it in a combo deck alongside peek and arcane focus to great effect.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  6. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I just want to say the Eagle equipped is still insanely good, and I am running it in a combo deck alongside peek and arcane focus to great effect.
    I doubt many people are saying otherwise the issue i and many others have is that the so called dream deck is not a deck any more it just isn't. I could even see bear finding a home in some kind of suicide draw deck featuring avatar of greed.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

  7. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    I doubt many people are saying otherwise the issue i and many others have is that the so called dream deck is not a deck any more it just isn't. I could even see bear finding a home in some kind of suicide draw deck featuring avatar of greed.
    I think a 5 shard version of the deck is almost certainly dead, but frankly I don't think a 5 shard version was optimal anyway. Blood, Diamond and Ruby all seem more utility based, for specific deck types. Not to disregard the pure brute force of dropping a hand t1 to mass revive a bunch of troops, but it feels like saph/wild would be the most consistent combination, and with very little fixing (seriously even a few howling braves will make up a lot of time) it can still be nearly as potent as an older version of saph/wild.

    I don't think the concept is destroyed, just altered. I think tri shard would even be doable if needed.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  8. #298
    The point, Xen, which you still seem to be missing, is that the cards were SPECIFICALLY designed to all go in a deck together. The devs claim that is still viable despite the gargantuan nerf, but the fact is, it simply isn't. The deck as a whole is dead. Completely and totally obliterated, overkilled to the point of absurdity. Individual pieces still have merit (the eagle was always going to see play in virtually any sapphire deck), but "the dream deck" no longer exists, even as a toy to mess around with.

    They went WAY too far, and the changes they implemented didn't actually fix what they purported to be fixing (the lack of interaction). If you actually do build a piece of this deck with a subset of the cards and miraculously manage to get the idiotic panoply of thresholds they now require to even activate the effects, it still works exactly the same as it used to - you dump a ton of troops on the board all at once during your opponent's end step, and kill them in one shot. It's just virtually impossible to do so anymore (so why bother even trying). If they wanted to still have a dream deck, they should have altered how the cards actually work, or add a cost to them, instead of just slapping a ridiculous shitload of thresholds on everything. As it stands, these cards might as well not even exist anymore (again, except for eagle).

    Like I said ages ago, Dream Staff now reads: "These cards are now worthless. Never play any of them."
    --ossuary

    "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

  9. #299
    My point was that the set barely fits together and the glue was the fact that you could bypass threshold. Those cards are more a cycle than a deck, and much like storm of the centry is to elementals, the Dream Staff was the enabler that made it worth trying to go all-in. You still can, but at the same kind of cost as playing a 5 colour elementals deck with storm.

    It was clearly never intended to be a "5 shard" deck without any of the penalties.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  10. #300
    No, NOT going five shard with it is what "broke" it in the first place. The lists people (including me) were posting early on to cycle the whole deck extremely fast with just 1-2 colors and minimal shards in play were clearly better than CZE expected them to be, hence their attempt to "force" people to play it five shards or not at all. The problem is that they went WAY too far, and made all the cards so bad (especially the actual enabler), the entire deck is now unplayable.
    --ossuary

    "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •