Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

Well to be honest, I think some sort of nerf was kinda needed.

Dream eagle replaced arcane focus for the most part in PVE with the hand equipment, seeing how it was free, and could be run in any shard, giving every shard hand fixing. But I think it could've been a less heavy handed nerf making most cards from that dungeon unplayable but the dream spider/skarn/turtle, and the only good equipment is for the skarn and turtle (aka combat trick for turtle. and skarn turning into an action for ruby/wild or ruby/sapphire action based decks.

1. Only one dream card a turn can be discarded this way.

2. Make it cost 2 resources to discard them, and 4 resources to discard the dream. This stops dream eagle from being a free better then arcane focus 99% of the time.

High Tomb Lord
    well, there will be the artifact, that get's rid of threshold requirements
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

So who wants to start the thread to nerf Slaughtergears?
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252

Nerf shards first.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy_G View Post
    Nerf shards first.
    +1. I don't know any deck that doesn't use them now and that can't be good for the environment

(sarcasm of course...)

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by wolzarg View Post
    A onesided resurect for a bunch of mediocre creatures is not really good tho. You could just as easily just play more resilient creatures like master moss instead of having a dead card in your hand half the time.
    "Easily" ? Well, not everybody has a playset of every 1500+ plat cards like master moss, but of course, if you have them it's better. But I thought we discussing how (if) you can play Dream cards somewhat effectively, not how you can play entirely different decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainhu View Post
    "Easily" ? Well, not everybody has a playset of every 1500+ plat cards like master moss, but of course, if you have them it's better. But I thought we discussing how (if) you can play Dream cards somewhat effectively, not how you can play entirely different decks.
    Set 4 will make five color decks a bit easier to play but until then I'd say only a Wintermoon Wild/Sapphire deck is possible, using Enter the Dream, Dream Bear, Dream Eagle, and Indigo Dreamweavers. Between those two shards, there's plenty of threshold ramp (Chloro) and draw (Oracle Song) to make a feasible deck. But it would not play the way Dream deck used to play. You'd have to build up to a game winning swing and use Enter the Dream more as a resurrection.

Course maybe there's some interaction possible with the new Marauders and self-milling your way into a Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Timlagor View Post
    So who wants to start the thread to nerf Slaughtergears?
    I am all for a small de-escalation of its power. But after the Dead Dreams Deck, I'd rather it stay OP than bludgeoned to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainhu View Post
    I went for one i like the point still stands don't get hung up on the card i picked. Spirit bound spy with buffs is currently stronger and more resilient than the suggested dream deck in my opinion sprinkle in some callers and you can bring it back more.

Also while im already here to be very clear i dislike the nerf but accept their reasoning. The only thing i refuse to accept is still calling it a deck. If nothing else change the equipment for the dream staff to something cool and move on.
    Last edited by wolzarg; 04-12-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    I'd say only a Wintermoon Wild/Sapphire deck is possible, using Enter the Dream, Dream Bear, Dream Eagle, and Indigo Dreamweavers. Between those two shards, there's plenty of threshold ramp (Chloro) and draw (Oracle Song) to make a feasible deck. But it would not play the way Dream deck used to play. You'd have to build up to a game winning swing and use Enter the Dream more as a resurrection.
    There is a topic on post-nerf Dream decks in the Strategy & Decklist section.

I always thought that Arcane Dreamcatchers made the best "fifth" Dream troop in the original options anyway & it still works well post-nerf, just not as fast.
    Winter Dream - post-nerf:
    Champion: Winter Moon
    Troops
    4x Stargazer (Chest - return card from crypt to hand)
    4x Dreamsmoke Mystic
    4x Arcane Dreamcatcher (Helmet - troops with =< 2 attack stay exhausted)
    2x Dream Turtle
    4x Dream Bear (Trinket)
    4x Dream Eagle (Gloves)
    Spells
    4x Arcane Focus
    4x Chronic Madness
    2x Dream Dance (Boots - put card from crypt on top of deck)
    3x Oracle Song
    4x Enter the Dream (Weapon)
    Resources
    1x Diamond Shard
    4x Howling Plains Bluegrass
    3x Sapphire Shard
    4x Shard of Instinct
    4x Shards of Fate
    5x Wild Shard