Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Deck with equipment is crazy.

http://imgur.com/a/IwVy2

A more defensive variant. I'll switch a Shard of Innovation for the fourth Enter the Dream once I get it.

The War Bot was a tech win. Mulligan to 5; down to 26 cards in the deck and hadn't seen an Enter the Dream yet. Heat Wave put a Piranha Swarm into play (boots equipment, using over the Dream Dance) which gave me the win to maintain the perfect run. Dreamer has the Ruby Gem of Intensity (discard hands / draw three).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Erukk View Post
    Not so much abuse, which was a bit of a joke on my part, but being able to drop 3-4 troops on your opponents first turn is a bit too powerful even for pve stuff. As said earlier in the thread, I wouldn't be surprised if the equipment ability gets "nerfed" with the addition of a threshold requirement at a later date.
    But why nerf a PvE deck? There's no need, AI can't be mad if your cards aren't balanced (sorry AI but I rly don't care about your feelings ), and if you are one of those who think "it's not funny destroy AI with an OP deck" just don't build it, or build it in a different way so it's lesser strong, or just put yourself some limit/rules like "I can't discard if I don't met the card threshold".
    I can't play it 'cuz I don't have Enter the Dream (and since it's price and my bad luck I will basically never have it) but I can see how fun this deck can be, don't understand why someone even think about taking away this fun.
    And let's ban the word "abuse" from this thread, there are so many PvP cards and combos that can destroy Arena if you have the platinum to buy them, this is potentially a F2P deck and since HEX needs new players I don't think it's a good idea nerf stuff that they could enjoy... dreaming about.
    Last edited by Lisa89; 02-15-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Some semblance of balance is needed if a deck beats every encounter at both great speed and a great rate of success especially if it takes very little to play the deck well its not good for the game.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Master Theorycrafter
    And to build on wolzarg's point, I would imagine that horribly OP farming decks could cause a bit of inflation in Hex's economy as well. The large surplus in gold would drive up the gold/platinum conversion rate and slowly increase the price on cards across the board. This would hurt newer players a lot more than existing ones, especially if they decide not to invest their money (or time) into the game after looking at the prices on deck building.

It could hurt Hex creatively in the long run. Unlike Pvp, who's powerful combos only last until the set rotates out, PvE is a legacy format. Meaning that the Dream combos is here... forever. The devs would be pressed to come up with new, creative, and powerful cards and combo to catch our attention, because if they can't, players would just choose the path of least resistance and go back to the horribly OP and easy to play decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erukk View Post
    PvE is a legacy format.
    Where has HexEnt said this? They ban more in PVE than PVP. Also PVE cards are subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormont View Post
    Where has HexEnt said this? They ban more in PVE than PVP. Also PVE cards are subject to change.
    They have said many times that you can use your whole collection in pve which makes it sound like the plan is a legacy format. The bans and balances have nothing to do with anything else said so i don't see the point of mentioning that but sure they have, can and will do that as needed.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Puck, Mystic, Eldritch Dreamer, Dream Stag, Orson's Dream - they all work with Enter the Dream's equipment.

Here's the version of the deck I'm currently playtesting, with great success:

Champion: Nin the Shadow

Resources
    6 Ruby Shard
    6 Sapphire Shard
    4 Shard of Innovation
    2 Shards of Fate

Troops
    4 Dream Bear (w/ Bear Idol)
    4 Dream Eagle (w/ Eagle Feathered Gloves)
    4 Dream Skarn (w/ Dream Cap)
    4 Dream Turtle (w/ Turtle Shell Bulwark)
    4 Lord Alexander, the Courageous

Others
    4 Enter the Dream (w/ Dream Staff)
    4 Dream Dance (w/ Dancing Boots)
    4 Arcane Focus
    4 Deployment Orders
    3 Fuel the Fire
    3 Oracle Song
    The version I've been running is mono Sapphire (also 18 resources) with 4x Peek and 4x Eldritch Dreamer instead of Fuel for the Fire and Lord Alex, with 2 Deployment Orders. Lord Alex seemed like an easy cut since you're usually playing your troops on the opponent's turn, and with Eldritch Dreamer you can decide to pass your first turn without playing anything to discard him before playing Enter the Dream on opponent turn 2. Peek is superior to FftF imo since you'd rather look at more cards t3+ and pick one than get the top two.

Consider:
    1.Play Eldritch Dreamer with mill gem on your hero.
    2.Crazed rummuging

Pretty sure that mill gem only affects opponents. Chronic madness is the best GY filler IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brjuntinaar View Post
    Pretty sure that mill gem only affects opponents. Chronic madness is the best GY filler IMO.
    This seems like the way to go. Chronic Madness instead of Deployment Orders, probably. Unfortunately I'll need to pick up a full playset of CM before I can report. AH prices are very high currently.
    Last edited by hitchslap88; 02-16-2016 at 12:16 PM.