Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ardent/Necrotic Recruiter

My one question to these are why aren't they neutral shard or maybe have the something like

Ardent/Necrotic Allegiance: Ignore the threshold cost? I mean the general theme is to make X side troops cheaper but X side isn't dominant to one specific color honestly.

The Transcended
    That's actually a neat idea. I approve!

I agree, this is a good idea.

Another option would be to clone them for each shard, for different races and classes. Like:
    Ardent Recruiter - Diamond, Human, Warrior (existing one)
    Ardent Recruiter - Ruby, Orc, Cleric
    Ardent Recruiter - Sapphire, Coytle, Rogue
    Ardent Recruiter - Wild, Elf, Ranger
    Underworld Recruiter - Blood, Necrotic, Warrior (existing one)
    Underworld Recruiter - Wild, Shin'Hare, Mage
    Underworld Recruiter - Sapphire, Vennen, Warlock
    Underworld Recruiter - Ruby, Dwarf, Cleric

Or even better, have only one of each, but have them switch to the same race and class as your champion, maybe even with a variable card image.
    Last edited by Xavon; 02-10-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Yeah, I wondered why they were tied to a specific shard too. Doesn't make sense from a lore perspective and is very limiting on the deck building side.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Yeah, I wondered why they were tied to a specific shard too. Doesn't make sense from a lore perspective and is very limiting on the deck building side.
    Ardent recruiter: "HEY WE WANT YOU TO JOIN THE ARDENT... WHAT YOU'RE NOT DIAMOND! NO YOU GET OUT YOUR NOT PART OF THE ARDENT"

but yeah I mean in honesty Necrotic version is better in theory due to how many races use the X color.

Underworld races that use blood: Necrotic / Shin'hare / Vennen

Ardent races that use diamond: Human / Coyotle

Ardent races that use ruby: Human / Orc / Elf?
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 02-10-2016 at 12:21 PM.

I don't really see this as an issue. If I want to reduce artifact costs I need to play saph, so this fits just fine in my eyes.

As we get more levels, the shard restrictions lift, and more things become viable.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I don't really see this as an issue. If I want to reduce artifact costs I need to play saph, so this fits just fine in my eyes.

As we get more levels, the shard restrictions lift, and more things become viable.
    I'm not sure you're addressing the OP at all. The OP was saying that it seems odd that the Recruiters are tied to a specific shard when their discount is based around a faction. It's just weird to some of us that if you want to use the Ardent recruiter you MUST play Diamond to do so, when Ardent troops aren't exclusively Diamond. What if I want to play an all Ardent deck that is Sapphire/Wild? Then no Recruiter for you! Those Recruiters only work for Diamonds my friend!

Is it a huge deal? No, obviously not. But some of us think that cards that are tied to a Faction should be useable by any deck focused on that Faction, not just decks that include specific shards (which makes no sense lore wise).

If they don't change it, oh well, not a big deal, but it would be cool if they did.

While making the recruiters shardless seems reasonable to me I think the reasoning behind them having a threshold is that they have a threshold appropriate to the race of the card.

Ardent recruiter is a human because humans are the instigators of the Ardent Alliance, and diamond threshold is a reasonable threshold for humans (though ruby would have been better).

Underworld recruiter is a necrotic because they started the Underworld Alliance, and pretty much anything other than wild works for necrotic but Blood is more universal to that faction than any other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    While making the recruiters shardless seems reasonable to me I think the reasoning behind them having a threshold is that they have a threshold appropriate to the race of the card.

Ardent recruiter is a human because humans are the instigators of the Ardent Alliance, and diamond threshold is a reasonable threshold for humans (though ruby would have been better).

Underworld recruiter is a necrotic because they started the Underworld Alliance, and pretty much anything other than wild works for necrotic but Blood is more universal to that faction than any other option.
    Then why not make the ardent recruiter ruby 3/4 factions of ardent use ruby only 2/3 factions use diamond. Why does he effect all ardent forces when the vast majority of ardent forces aren't diamond. Wouldn't someone who recruits for the ardent forces want to recruit as many people and 2/4'th your faction versus 3/4's your faction. At a statistical layer the necrotic recruiter supports 75% of the forces versus 50%. That's why colorless is the best idea they're about the unification of all the forces... i mean we could make them prismatic and therefore unplayable...

In lore style it makes no sense either as I've pointed out when your going in an all out war your going to recruit everyone you can not just the coyotle's and humans, but no to the elves and orcs? Or maybe make a recruiter for each race and colour they use but really what's the point now we just have 8 x cards that do the same thing...
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 02-17-2016 at 12:09 PM.

I'm a fan of these joining the Exiled Bard and Battle Hopper as colorless.