Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most powerful race/class to beat end game in current PVE campaign?

I'm actually going to say Orc, because of the shard grid they have access to. You can make a sorrow deck for the pirhanas, plant deck for killipede, ramp to eternal guardian deck for AoM 6, and use hunger of the Mountain God to smash down the wormoid queen. Elf is also a good choice, though likely expensive. I don't think you have to go slaughtergear to make dwarf good. It can be good when it is cheap, too, although I can't imagine how they would ever beat AoM 6 without slaughtergears. But few can and the reward isn't super awesome anyway (and thankfully, given how much of a pain it is to beat).

So as of lvl 9, which do you guys think is stronger? Dwarf cleric or warrior and which do you think would have an easier time with the Fort? (Assuming my deck is middle tier at best)

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperXW View Post
    So as of lvl 9, which do you guys think is stronger? Dwarf cleric or warrior and which do you think would have an easier time with the Fort? (Assuming my deck is middle tier at best)
    Dwarf warrior probably, given the current state of electro-stun.

Dwarf cleric has weak access to the shards with the money clerics ( diamond, wild and blood ), and the heal synergies ( diamond ), so can't take good advantage of cleric affinity etc. ( not to mention you lose all your artifact synergy if you build that way ).

Electro-stun is pretty much equally useful regardless of what deck you run.

Overall it depends on your deck though, the better/faster it is, the more advantage warrior gives.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    Dwarf warrior probably, given the current state of electro-stun.

Dwarf cleric has weak access to the shards with the money clerics ( diamond, wild and blood ), and the heal synergies ( diamond ), so can't take good advantage of cleric affinity etc. ( not to mention you lose all your artifact synergy if you build that way ).
    Actually dwarf cleric has some really useful skills that, imo, are on par with a dwarf warrior. It's true dwarf cleric doesn't have the lifedrain synergy but that's why you don't build that way. I played through on both warrior and cleric and decided I liked cleric a lot better. Mostly I can't stand the 6 card hand on warriors but dwarf cleric also fit a lot better with the deck I run.

Decklist if anyone cares:
    11x Sapphire Shard
    11x Ruby Shard
    3x Slaughtergear's Guardians (both equip)
    3x Slaughtergear's Reavers (both equip)
    2x Slaughtergear's Replicators (both equip)
    2x Droo's Colossal Walker
    3x Gearsmith
    2x Reprocessor
    3x Crushing Blow
    2x Soul of Battle
    3x Careful Rummaging
    3x Arcane Focus
    3x Crimson Clarity
    3x Adaptable Infusion Device
    3x Hex Geode
    3x Resource Optimizing Infusion Device

I go with Hale (+3 health) to get to Healing Aura and Aura Aspect Animation. Then grab The Righteous Path (Monument of Faith) and Faith in our Leader.

You start the game with 3 artifacts/constants in play because of Healing Aura, Monument of Faith, and Blessing Rod so your Soul Vessel is a 3/3 for 3 that buffs every time you play an artifact or constant. You have 25 health and 1 armor to start so every troop you draw gets +1 defense, heal 1 for every resource, and everything has steadfast.

Since I only run a slaughtergear deck with 3 each of Hex Geode, Adaptable Infusion Device, and ROIDS and 2 Droo's I have 19 artifacts in my deck. My Soul Vessel is actually a pretty beefy troop in the end and makes a nice safety net. The permanent Steadfast on everything is also amazingly good especially with Droo's.

The 2 free artifacts at the start also go well with my 2 Reprocessors which provides another little safety net of 3/3 warbots. The reprocessors also turn my 3 gearsmiths into more warbots which further buffs the Soul Vessel.

Dwarf warrior may be the better option if you aren't running a crazy expensive deck though.

Quote Originally Posted by YourOpponent View Post
    Honestly I'd definitely have to say Shin'Haar Cleric is worth considering. Many people were telling me Devonshire was much harder and worse than the dungeon before it, and after striking out on my first Devonshire run I re-ran it with my Shin'Haar Cleric deck and didn't have a problem...in fact I was even in a board position to mill to death the dungeon boss of it :P
    There are people who disagree with my deck, but Ive found my shinhare cleric to be the most powerfull of anything I have tried

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    There are people who disagree with my deck, but Ive found my shinhare cleric to be the most powerfull of anything I have tried
    I get that the shard grid is slightly better than a necrotic cleric but I would think armor 1 would make up for the difference. Am I right?

I get that the shard grid is slightly better than a necrotic cleric but I would think armor 1 would make up for the difference. Am I right?
    not slightly better, much better (imo) armor one really helps on the killipede fight thats for sure, but being honest I have never lost a fight that I think it would have made a difference. most games are won with anywhere from 40 - 100+ life, so (and people will likely disagree with me on this) but I dont think the armor makes a difference on my deck. Now, in future, who knows, Shinhare talents arent that great currently, and might be far outclassed in the future. But for now having tried both, I prefer shinhare (and yes it is a pain in the ass leveling to 7 first). I dont know how this stacks up against other classes or speed decks but I beat Wiktor's dungeon in 26 minutes, and some of the fights lasted longer than they should have (unlucky draws etc)
    Last edited by Xexist; 02-16-2016 at 01:44 PM.

No, not really. Just for one example - ethereal healer is an exponential increase of it starting in play for each additional healer you have in the deck.

With one, you have a one healer and one pre-game heal, or a 5% chance for it to start in play.

With two, you have two healers that have a 5% chance each and two pre-game heals, for four total chances, or 19% of at least one in play when the game starts.

With three, you have nine chances, or a 47% chance for at least one to start in play.

These increased odds persist for every bit of healing you do throughout the game, including the lifedrains from the healers themselves. It's pretty funny when they suicide block and put themselves back into play immediately.

That's just the one card though, you also get a much higher consistency on all the strong cards when you have three of them instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    No, not really. Just for one example - ethereal healer is an exponential increase of it starting in play for each additional healer you have in the deck.
    Well the choice is not quite as clear.
    The racial Shard Attuned is triggered at the start of the game as a heal.
    ( I am not certain if it is enumerated for each shard or combined and then applied. )
    So that does increase the chances of starting with an Ethereal healer in play.

I feel as soon as Necrotic reach 3 Diamond uncommons they will be the best choice for that deck.
    Given what we have seen of shard progression so far I think Necrotic will reach that before Shin'hare hit 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharge View Post
    Well the choice is not quite as clear.
    The racial Shard Attuned is triggered at the start of the game as a heal.
    ( I am not certain if it is enumerated for each shard or combined and then applied. )
    So that does increase the chances of starting with an Ethereal healer in play.
    That's an interesting point - I wonder if it's possible to test how that's applied - I suppose it doesn't make a huge amount of difference though, for a blood diamond deck, it's going to be 2 points of health, so 1 batch or 2 won't make much difference. It could potentially be huge for rainbow necrotic though - let me take a stab at testing that out.

I feel as soon as Necrotic reach 3 Diamond uncommons they will be the best choice for that deck.
    Given what we have seen of shard progression so far I think Necrotic will reach that before Shin'hare hit 4.
    I think everyone agrees with this.

I have warmed up to the extra lives more though over time - sometimes things just go horribly wrong, and having everything gated behind the last boss is a really bad feeling. I'm pretty sure necrotic will always have a higher chance of winning any particular fight with the same deck, but the extra two lives is still a solid choice in terms of not wiping, with the benefit it gets better the harder the content and the worse your deck is.

e.g. with some totally made up numbers -
    If it's a 90% chance to win with necrotic and 80% with bunnies, the chance of wiping is so low for both that it's unlikely anyone would care.

If, on the other hand, it's 40% to win with necrotic and 30% with bunnies, you actually have more chance of finishing the dungeon with the bunnies.
    Last edited by velk; 02-16-2016 at 10:33 PM.