Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of Endgame Content for the current Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    The dungeons are endless repeatable too and OP is already tired of them. He'll get tired of endless "collect 30 wolf pelts" soon enough.

The real OP request isn't "please added more content", it's "please make max-level farming" better. By all means if Hex wants to add some quality quests in AZ1, I am down for it. But adding a bunch of "collect 30 wolf pelts" just so farmers can farm more, not so much.

If Hex want's to make max level farming better, I suggest the game convert a percentage of xp to gold for max level characters.
    I wonder if you actually took the time to read my post or just read the title and felt like ranting... Also I'm not even close to being tired of the dungeons, I actually enjoy them quite a bit, thank you very much.

My point is that endlessly creating new characters is way more rewarding in terms of stuff you get compared to playing your "main character" and that's a mistake in my opinion. A mistake that could rather easily be fixed by introducing some repeatable quests...but I've written that already in the OP so there is probably no point in repeating it here.

You are free to disagree with that, but please stop making stupid accusations...

Simple solution would be to Open up a node that accesses the Frost Ring Arena on the PvE map so that you can play it as your character. And as rewards, you get PvE campaign cards/equip, gold, dust, and at current max level (9), XP is no longer awarded and is instead replaced with slightly more gold/dust.

Frost Ring already exists, it's repeatable content. Just change rewards to match PvE campaign and there ya go. It's not a perfect solution, but at least it would give you a reason to play with your max level character of a certain race/class. Would it be too easy/hard, I dunno. Shard restrictions could make it slightly more difficult while class/race abilities might make it easier. I don't think it would be too bad either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    The dungeons are endless repeatable too and OP is already tired of them. He'll get tired of endless "collect 30 wolf pelts" soon enough.

The real OP request isn't "please added more content", it's "please make max-level farming" better. By all means if Hex wants to add some quality quests in AZ1, I am down for it. But adding a bunch of "collect 30 wolf pelts" just so farmers can farm more, not so much.

If Hex want's to make max level farming better, I suggest the game convert a percentage of xp to gold for max level characters.
    Exactly, but as it is if you want more gold...you go for the Frost Arena...if you want new content/cards directly you go for AZ (where you might be able to sell said content for more gold than the arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Quantius View Post
    Simple solution would be to Open up a node that accesses the Frost Ring Arena on the PvE map so that you can play it as your character. And as rewards, you get PvE campaign cards/equip, gold, dust, and at current max level (9), XP is no longer awarded and is instead replaced with slightly more gold/dust.

Frost Ring already exists, it's repeatable content. Just change rewards to match PvE campaign and there ya go. It's not a perfect solution, but at least it would give you a reason to play with your max level character of a certain race/class. Would it be too easy/hard, I dunno. Shard restrictions could make it slightly more difficult while class/race abilities might make it easier. I don't think it would be too bad either way though.
    That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how it would work out balance wise but it could work as well.
    The more options we have the better

extra char slots for gold is good enough for me.
    I think I can safely assume az2 comes before I have 24 on lev9

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    You are free to disagree with that, but please stop making stupid accusations...
    Please stop being so defensive. I, in no way, accused you of any wrong doing. I see a gap between stated intent and your underlining intent and pointing it out.
    My point is that endlessly creating new characters is way more rewarding in terms of stuff you get compared to playing your "main character" and that's a mistake in my opinion. A mistake that could rather easily be fixed by introducing some repeatable quests...but I've written that already in the OP so there is probably no point in repeating it here.
    How do you know it will always be like that? With the depreciation of AZ1 packs and with the fixing AH bug stiffing the sale of the new PvE cards, it's easy to see a world where dungeon farming is the best route.

You're right. The game is amazing for .... 48hours.
    Very boring to create new character everytime to get a card *3.
    Pve was quite a flop in the start with all the bugs but If we look at it, the pve is very nice and charming but the reality is that you dont feel it as a real role playing game. no interaction between players and Choices doesnt affects nothing beside encounter and loot, overall the impact in the story is next to nothing (according to az1} and like you said, at level 9 after a few deck test you just have one choice left... test a new champ.

Actually it's a big deception cause I had a lot of hopes for the pve, but im also happy to know that the game has great potential;
    The next zone AZ2 will tell more about what the future of hex will be, for now Ill consider the pve as a beta phase... like Cory said ...

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post

First of all I don't see why it should be intrinsically better to keep grinding on one character than to start a new character.
    Consider other popular entries in the RPG market like Mass Effect. What is the "end game" there? Games with a story that eventually ends (or at least ends until the next sequel) aren't uncommon or unpopular.

But I suspect the main reason it's better to start new characters rather than grind dungeons now is that with the AH bugged it's really inconvenient to get multiples of the cards they only give you one of during a campaign playthough but not all that hard to get the dungeon reward packs on the AH.

I think fixing the AH, will solve most of the problem stated by the OP by bringing the value of the one off cards down and the value of the chase cards from dungeon and adventure packs up, and that in the long run other game modes like raids, and keep defense are meant to take the spotlight for "end game".

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantius View Post

Better yet, also update Frost Ring Arena to include a second tier of difficulty that requires Level 9 PVE characters to play, and include additional bosses from the PVE campaign to the pool of random encounters you face, with increased difficulty balanced against players with max level characters/full equipment/talents/etc. Then after each additional campaign release comes out they could add in higher tiers of difficulty that unlock at whatever the next level caps are, with more possible bosses added each time from each campaign release.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Each character has unlocks that only happen at level 8 or 9. New deck options that open up at that point, and new combinations of talents that you have to be maxed out to have access to. To actually unlock these options, you have to complete ALL of the current content, then grind a bunch of it repeatedly on top of that. At that point, there's nothing to actually do with those unlocked abilities, because you've already done all of the content repeatedly with that character. This is the problem - that there is no actual benefit to unlocking your maximum potential, because there's nothing to enjoy it on.

You're better served making lots of throw-away characters that you level, beat each dungeon (or even not all of them), and then delete, especially if you want playsets of some of the cards. I consider that to be a design flaw. Being a newbie character should never be more efficient at giving you rewards than putting in the time to level up a character. Putting in all that work to make a character the best it can be, should not then leave you in a position where you don't actually have anything to DO with that character.

Yes, high end content exists to keep players engaged. But isn't keeping players engaged a worthwhile endeavor? Shouldn't putting in all that work feel rewarding in some way?
    How can you consider it a design flaw when we do not have all of the designed content? I would understand if we were level 30 with these current problems but we only have up to level 9. This was not really designed to be the end game, it is only acting as such because they decided to release up to this point to tide us over until more content is released. Keeping players engaged is a good thing indeed, but not if it means the rest of the content (adventure zones 2+ and the remaining 3 classes) are delayed just to make filler "endgame" content for level 9's....