Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Promo Dust

Infernal Professor

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Maybe they could make a hotkey like holding Ctrl, and while it is held, mousing over a card shows the non-extended version. Would that solve the problem for you, or still be slower?
    I don't know about that idea, but Chark seems to have promised us the ability to turn them off, nearly a year ago.
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...l=1#post487467

Maybe we could try real hard, and we can add constructive comments to things our fellow community members offer up.
    Last edited by Clawdius; 02-21-2016 at 01:26 PM.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have the option to turn them off entirely, but it also sounds like a lot of people enjoy the feature and would like to use it, if it weren't so troubling in certain scenarios. Personally, there are times when I'd like to see the card text, but most of the time I'd like to see the extended art. Disabling extended art for me probably wouldn't be preferable to having to zoom in all the time, so I was wondering if the 'hotkey' mouseover idea would be preferable for anyone.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't want to hold ctrl the whole time, so an 'on/off' switch should definitely be done at some point. Just throwing out another idea that could let people have both worlds.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Maybe they could make a hotkey like holding Ctrl, and while it is held, mousing over a card shows the non-extended version. Would that solve the problem for you, or still be slower?
    Need to keep Ctrl free so we can convince them to bring back holding priority ;-}

Though honestly the ability to turn off EA while in games would make my day. I might actually use some dust instead of selling it all. I do like the EA cards to look at, I just DETEST playing with them. I decided when it first came out that I couldn't justify a playset +1 of every card to EA one, which is the only way I'd do it. Not to mention, I can't imagine the hell I'd go though trying to make sure the client wasn't putting the EA version in when I made a deck. So basically I've just been selling off all the dust I get, hmm, maybe don't let us turn it off, I kind of like the extra bit of gold/plat.

Infernal Professor
    I'm not saying we shouldn't have the option to turn them off entirely, but it also sounds like a lot of people enjoy the feature and would like to use it, if it weren't so troubling in certain scenarios. Personally, there are times when I'd like to see the card text, but most of the time I'd like to see the extended art. Disabling extended art for me probably wouldn't be preferable to having to zoom in all the time, so I was wondering if the 'hotkey' mouseover idea would be preferable for anyone.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't want to hold ctrl the whole time, so an 'on/off' switch should definitely be done at some point. Just throwing out another idea that could let people have both worlds.
    You can already see card text you know, there's an icon at the top right to flip it back to the standard variant. But like TOOT said, it can be a lot of clicks when you're searching for a specific card. I know some don't even see that icon though, yet another great reason we shouldn't have a Card Overview document that's nearing three years old.

Honestly, cards that have been modified from what you put into the deck in the first place need some sort of easily identifiable at-a-glance indicator, whether they're Trained troops via warrior talent or Winter Moon making them draw a card. Some sort of glow or highlight would get the job done enough to not force me to right click every copy of a card when searching via Brutal Commander or drawing a card in Winter Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Honestly, cards that have been modified from what you put into the deck in the first place need some sort of easily identifiable at-a-glance indicator, whether they're Trained troops via warrior talent or Winter Moon making them draw a card. Some sort of glow or highlight would get the job done enough to not force me to right click every copy of a card when searching via Brutal Commander or drawing a card in Winter Moon.
    Makes sense. A simple "this card was changed" badge similar to the equipment badge would be a start. Ideally each effect or class of effect would have it's own badge for better clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    Makes sense. A simple "this card was changed" badge similar to the equipment badge would be a start. Ideally each effect or class of effect would have it's own badge for better clarity.
    Such a good suggestion. +1 on "this was changed badge". Angel of Foresight, Wiktor, Mindpyre, and the encounters coming in the future are making EAs a real hassle.