Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Promo Dust

Has anyone ever received a promo stardust from campaign, frost ring arena, chest spinning or anything else at all?
    Best i have received so far is a legendary stardust.

Promo in arena is about as rare if not slightly rarer than uruunaz based on my observation. I have seen it once from spinning chests which i do quite a lot of so its not like i never get triple gold.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Infernal Professor
    Dust should probably be removed from chests loot tables, spending 3200 gold a spin on an uncommon chest that rewarded me with a paid spin, and then my 6 millionth Naryip and a paid spin, and then a paid spin, and then nothing (curse you Kismet!) and opening it for an uncommon dust was a slap in the face. 12k in spins for a Naryip, and even the chest itself (upgraded from a common, my last common AoM chest at the time or I'd never have risked gold on it) contained something of far less value than effectively any common equipment.

Current market value for uncommon dust being less than 1/10th what it costs to buy uncommon dust directly is a joke, and not a very funny one. Vendor trash in Guild Wars 2 felt more rewarding to pick up than common/uncommon dust in Hex right now. And what is worse is either dust -will- be vendor trash in Hex to reduce market supply, or it will be barred from being sold to vendors specifically so that it won't negatively impact the value people who have sold a lot of uncommon dust on the market got vs what they can trash it for @ the industry standard 1/10th the "value" of the item. Why the price of dust didn't have a market floor the way AAs do to prevent them being sold for less than 1/10th their value is kind of beyond me.

I personally felt a little salty when uncommon dust was going for 1k apiece just after they implemented it, and I unwittingly bought several uncommon dust directly @ 2500 apiece. Now, a new player just realizing that this feature exists and spending 2500 for uncommon before they realized it was 100 on the AH, and that they just wasted 9600 gold buying 4 direct... I can only imagine what they would feel, but I can be pretty sure they wouldn't be positive emotions. And the same thing goes for dust in chests right now, a new player opens their first pack and gets an uncommon chest and thinks "cool!" and opens it to find an uncommon dust? That seems about like a cartoon character winding a jack in the box until a boxing glove comes out and bops them one.

Even if nothing else comes of this thread I'd really like to see dust removed from chests loot tables, even if it was replaced with crafting materials that would be purely ornamental at this point. They've got the icons, only the dust icon has been used so far, along with recolors for the respective rarity tiers.

Promo dust can't drop in anything PvE related including arena. It comes from opening primal chests, buying from the card manager or spinning one of the triple gold results but I can't remember which triple gold result right now

Quote Originally Posted by Clawdius View Post
    Dust should probably be removed from chests loot tables, spending 3200 gold a spin on an uncommon chest that rewarded me with a paid spin, and then my 6 millionth Naryip and a paid spin, and then a paid spin, and then nothing (curse you Kismet!) and opening it for an uncommon dust was a slap in the face. 12k in spins for a Naryip, and even the chest itself (upgraded from a common, my last common AoM chest at the time or I'd never have risked gold on it) contained something of far less value than effectively any common equipment.
    I'm not thrilled to get dust from chests, but I'll take it over opening a chest and getting a piece of equipment that is *2* rarity levels lower than my chest.

I agree that the promo dust cost to EA AA commons is a bit odd. I guess I just don't care that much because promo dust is so rare that I don't even think about it. I more or less treat it as if it's not in the game.
    The poster formerly known as EntropyBall - Member of Cornerstone & The Unnamed Council - Fan of hex.tcgbrowser.com - Has sigs turned off on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanos View Post
    I'm not thrilled to get dust from chests, but I'll take it over opening a chest and getting a piece of equipment that is *2* rarity levels lower than my chest.

I agree that the promo dust cost to EA AA commons is a bit odd. I guess I just don't care that much because promo dust is so rare that I don't even think about it. I more or less treat it as if it's not in the game.
    Thats kinda the problem though... Seeing the full art of a card is a lot of fun, and is bought/found only by using PvE (meaning whales buy the gold from PvE players, yet the PvE players barely get to use the feature themselves), yet one rarity is so strangely prohibitive and geared towards whales that some people just ignore it completely. That means the cost is so crazy that it actually turns people off from wanting it at all - for a purely fun feature.

I hope they don't do something similar with foils (although admittedly I would much rather have the ability to EA my Promo cards easier and have foil be the whale bait, so to speak.)

I mean, it has been echoed since the day it was introduced - Promo dust feels off, wrong somehow, and although there are several reasons, most of us agree that it could be improved on/removed and it would make the feature a lot more appetising.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Master of Gifs
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I would much rather have the ability to EA my Promo cards easier and have foil be the whale bait, so to speak.
    This about sums it up right here. Hopefully when we get features like double backs and achievements and foils they will rework the entire system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    This about sums it up right here. Hopefully when we get features like double backs and achievements and foils they will rework the entire system.
    +52 foil is the whale bait always have been always should be.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Devoted Emissary
    I'm actually ok with the promo cost, and this is as someone who is trying to get a playset of every card (including promos) EAed. Back during arena 25k represented about 2 hours of time. It's much slower to earn that in the campaign right now, but I expect it will improve somewhat when they fix the AH so you can reliably sell the PvE cards. I also expect it to improve again in later chapters, assuming the gold rewards keep scaling with level to some degree.

I also think that it's good that there are plenty of expensive/chase things to buy/collect, it gives people choices about what they value the most and where to focus their time/money. Personally, I really like that these aren't determined by RNG. I'd much rather try and EA everything where I know there is a fixed cost (even if a very high one) than keep spinning chests all day with nothing whatsoever to show for it.

There comes a time in your life when you realize you cannot have everything. After that, a time will come when you realize you do not need everything. If you are unhappy with the returns on this particular vanity option, let it go.