Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reward for Defeating vs Bribing the blockade encounter?

The Transcended

Reward for Defeating vs Bribing the blockade encounter?

I'm playing in "Hardcory" mode, so defeating it will be a PITA and I'd rather just bribe my way through as long as I'm not missing out on anything interesting.

Infernal Professor
    I think it may make a difference in the encounter when you're coming back. Killing them always results in me having to battle zombies on the way back, not entirely certain what you get if you bribe them instead. A larger zombie fight? A zombie fight without 2 starting zombies? AFAIK you're not missing anything interesting by bribing them, because I know that I saw someone complain about the zombie fight on the way back through after they bribed the guards (namely they wondered what had happened to their gold, since they didn't get it back from the zombies that were presumably the animated corpses of the guards they had bribed).

High Tomb Lord
    you can bribe them? dammit... i shouldn't just click through the dialogues :P
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Same rewards and future battles either way, as far as I've seen. I've done both options a few times and noticed nothing different.

The Transcended
    Thanks. Sounds like it makes no difference so I'll just pay the 1000g to pass without fighting.

i found this battle to be a really good indicator for the dungeon behind it.
    if you cant beat this, you most likely cant beat the dungeon either. so you can do some side quests first to level up, or make some tweaks to the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    i found this battle to be a really good indicator for the dungeon behind it.
    if you cant beat this, you most likely cant beat the dungeon either. so you can do some side quests first to level up, or make some tweaks to the deck.
    Not necessarily. You only need a way to deal with the Turreted Walls and/or the 3 damage they deal you each turn. Most cleric decks can easily outlast that damage and the encounter isn't playing much (just vanilla 2/2 and 3/3) afterwards. You still need to find a way to deal 25 damage by turn 5/6 in one swing or deal with everything that comes after the ogre breaks loose.

Right, it may be indicative of difficulty in some shards/decks but not all. Anyone playing Ruby can just equip some Imps and roll through the encounter. Other shards can tweak a few cards to make it much easier as well.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

It felt so for me because as a cleric i crushed this node with no problems at all, neither encountered a problem in that dungeon, beat it all first try.
    But then as a mage with very low starting health, this battle was 100 times harder and when i eventually beat it with some luck, i had extreme difficulties in that dungeon (10-20 damage for 10 charges and AI starts with ebony pawn as random artfact......no chance there as mage).

Weird, my Vennen Mage on HardCory mode can't beat the Dragon Guards at all(I have tried 10+ times before giving up) while I beat the dungeon my first attempt.