Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Double Back Thought/Issue

Quick Double Back Thought/Issue

After posting in another thread, it got me thinking about our collections and playing double-back cards. Today, I simply double click a pile and add a card to my deck. When this feature is implemented, will the first 4 cards be the "most played"? The interface seems difficult. As someone who loves to brainstorm solutions, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during design meetings on this topic!

So many possibilities and they all seem difficult from a card management/selection perspective.

If this topic has been covered, please lock or delete this thread as I don't want to be an annoyance - just trying to encourage thoughts on a tough subject.

Happy Campaigning all!
    Taleisin

I imagine so as EA currently defaults to the "top of the pile" in your collection while deckbuilding etc.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    - Dinner & Drafts

So I think the questions w/ major implications come down to:
    -are double backs tied to the account or the card?
    -what types of achievements / tasks do you see being tied to doublebacks?
    -what are the rewards for double back completion?

Currently I think I would lean towards doubleback ACHIEVEMENTS being tied to an account. Unfortunately that makes trading them a moot-point but being tied to the card seems incredibly unwieldy. On the other hand if "stamps" for cards that win major tournaments is still a thing then those would obviously need to be tracked on an individual card level.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

The Transcended
    As cool as the Double Back idea sounded in Cory's Dreamland, at this point I'm almost hoping they just admit that it didn't pan out as a tractable idea and then move forward with commoditized cards instead of unique snowflakes. Resources are finite and I think most of us would agree that more PvP sets and more PvE releases are both going to be higher priority for the health of the game. (This assumes they haven't already solved the problem internally. If they've already worked out the R&D portion of the problem and are just waiting on resources for implementation, then by all means I hope they finish the feature out.)

I'd be really sad if they gave up on double-backs. I love the concept.

I am with the sentiment that cards as commodities is the way to go. Imagine the nightmare that it will be shopping for cards in AH and having to go through their backs because cards with or w/o certain history would have different values.

Achievements are cool but tying them to cards has major economic effects which on aggregate are probably negative (read: trade/volume reducing). I think a much better alternative would be to tie achievements to achievement only sleeves, for example.

On the other hand, progressing on HardCory mode and unlocking achievements only on those cards for that character seems cool!

I do hope it is still planned, even if it wasn't quite "as sold" in the KS. That would make sense as well. Agreed that finite resources means certain things for deliverable purposes.

Still, an interesting discussion. I'd love to hear from HexEnt on this topic - maybe a mid-year review!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    As cool as the Double Back idea sounded in Cory's Dreamland, at this point I'm almost hoping they just admit that it didn't pan out as a tractable idea and then move forward with commoditized cards instead of unique snowflakes. Resources are finite and I think most of us would agree that more PvP sets and more PvE releases are both going to be higher priority for the health of the game. (This assumes they haven't already solved the problem internally. If they've already worked out the R&D portion of the problem and are just waiting on resources for implementation, then by all means I hope they finish the feature out.)
    I didn't want to be the first to say it, but pretty much my thoughts as well. If double backs aren't going to be implemented until set 8 or 9 or something I just don't see the point anymore, the feature is no longer important to me when we are so many sets in and whatever information that will be used isn't being collected already to apply to older cards.

Just make it PVE cards only or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Can someone point me to info or a unified post on current status/concerns with Doubleback please? Been scrounging the board for info but a lot of posts are from August last year and another post mentioned Cory semi-confirming *something* about Doubleback on or around 1/20/16. My Forum-Fu may be weak though and I am just missing the info but it also seems like it may have come out of a Youtube comment or vid.

Topics I have seen generally mention the crazy overhead of all the stats on individual cards and many of the systems likely being unfun and grindy. Extended art being unhooked from the doubleback system also comes up but foil is still coming with it? Thanks!

The interface for unique doublebacks shouldn't be a problem. Currently when mailing cards, you have to select individual cards. That same interface could apply to things like deckbuilding too. Could have the default top 4 played go in first, or right-click to select from the array.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!